• Unraid OS version 6.10.0-rc2 available

limetech

6.10.0 Summary of Changes and New Features

As always, prior to updating, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".

Note: In order to permit ongoing development, some changes/features are marked experimental.  This means underlying support is included in the release, but high level functionality or UI has not been included yet.

UPC and My Servers Plugin - [rc2] reworded

The most visible new feature is located in the upper right of the webGUI header.  We call this the User Profile Component, or UPC.  The UPC allows a user to associate their server(s) and license key(s) with their Unraid Community forum account, also known as an Unraid.net account.

Starting with this release, it will be necessary for a new user to either sign-in with existing forum credentials or sign-up, creating a new account via the UPC in order to download a Trial key.  All key purchases and upgrades are also handled exclusively via the UPC.

Signing-in provides these benefits:

1. My Servers Dashboard - when logged into the forum a new My Servers menu item appears. Clicking this brings up a Dashboard which displays a set of tiles representing servers associated with this account.  Each tile includes a link to bring up the servers webGUI on your LAN.  Install the My Servers plugin to provide real-time status and other advanced features (see below).
    2. Notification of critical security-related updates.  In the event a serious security vulnerability has been discovered and patched, we will send out a notification to all email addresses associated with registered servers.
    3. Posting privilege in a new set of My Servers forum boards.
    4. No more reliance on email and having to copy/paste key file URLs in order to install a license key - keys are delivered and installed automatically to your server.

Once a license key has been provisioned, it is not necessary to remain signed-in, though there is no particular reason to sign-out.

[rc2]  Exception:  A server must be signed-in to Provision and Renew a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate.

My Servers Plugin

My Servers is what we call our set of cloud-based or cloud-enabled services and features that integrate with your Unraid server(s).  Once installed here are some of the features of My Servers:

• Real-time Status - with the plugin installed each server tile on the My Servers Dashboard will display real-time status such as whether the server is online or offline, storage utilization and other information. 
    • Remote Access link - if enabled, a link is displayed on the My Servers Dashboard to bring up a server webGUI remotely over the Internet.
    • Automatic Flash Backup - every registered server is provided with a private git repo initially populated with the contents of your USB flash boot device (except for certain files which contain private information such as passwords).  Thereafter, configuration changes are automatically committed.  A link is provided to download a custom zip file that can be fed as input to the USB Flash Creator tool to move your configuration to a new USB flash device.

My Servers is an optional add-on, installed through Community Apps or via direct plugin URL.  Detailed instructions can be found here.

If you have installed the My Servers plugin, signed-in servers will maintain a websocket connection to a cloud-based Lime Technology proxy server for the purpose of relaying real-time status.

Security Changes

• It is now mandatory to define a root password.  We also created a division in the Users page to distinguish root from other user names.  The root UserEdit page includes a text box for pasting SSH authorized keys.
    • For new configurations, the flash share default export setting is No.
    • For all new user shares, the default export setting is No.
    • For new configurations, SMBv1 is disabled by default.
    • For new configurations, telnet, ssh, and ftp are disabled by default.
    • We removed certain strings from Diagnostics such as passwords found in the 'go' file.

Virtualization

Both libvirt and qemu have been updated.  In addition qemu has been compiled with OpenGL support, and [rc2] ARM emulation (experimental).

[rc2] To support Windows 11 which requires TPM and Secure boot, we have added TPM emulation; and, added a "Windows 11" VM template which automatically selects TPM-aware OVMF bios.  Also, here are instructions for upgrading a Windows 10 VM to Windows 11.  Special thanks to @ich777 who researched and determined what changes and components were necessary to provide this functionality.

The built-in FireFox browser available in GUI-mode boot is built as an AppImage and located in the bzfirmware compressed file system image.  This saves approximately 60MB of RAM.

The Wireguard plugin has been integrated into webGUI, that is, no need for the plugin.  If you had the plugin installed previously, it will be uninstalled and moved to the "Plugins/Plugin File Install Errors" page. No action is needed unless you want to press the Delete button to remove it from that page. Your WireGuard tunnels and settings will be preserved.

Simplified installation of the Community Apps plugin.  The webGUI automatically includes the Apps menu item, and if CA is not already installed, the page offers an Install button.  No need to hunt for the plugin link.

Let's Encrypt SSL provisioning change.  In previous releases code that provisions (allocates and downloads) a LE SSL certificate would first test if DNS Rebinding Protection was enforced on the user's LAN; and, if so, would not provision the certificate.  Since there are other uses for a LE certificate we changed the code so that provision would always proceed.  Next, we changed the logic behind the Auto selection of "Use SSL/TLS" setting on the Management Access page.  Now it is only possible to select Auto if both a LE certificate has been provisioned and DNS Rebinding Protection is not enforced.  This is a subtle change but permits certain My Servers features such as Remote Access.

Linux Kernel

Upgrade to [rc2] Linux 5.14.15 kernel which includes so-called Sequoia vulnerability mitigation.

In-tree GPU drivers are now loaded by default if corresponding hardware is detected:

• amdgpu
    • ast
    • i915
    • radeon

These drivers are required mostly for motherboard on-board graphics used in GUI boot mode.  Loading of a driver can be prohibited by creating the appropriate file named after the driver:

echo "blacklist i915" > /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf

Alternately, the device can be isolated from Linux entirely via the System Devices page.  Note that in Unraid OS 6.9 releases the in-tree GPU drivers are blacklisted by default and to enabling loading a driver you need to create an empty "conf" file.  After upgrading to Unraid OS 6.10 you may delete those files, or leave them as-is.  This change was made to greatly improve the Desktop GUI experience for new users.

Added support for Intel GVT-g, which lets you split your Intel i915 iGPU into multiple virtual GPUs and pass them through to multiple VMs, using @ich777's Intel-GVT-g plugin.

Added support for gnif/vendor-reset.  This simplifies @ich777's AMD Vendor Reset plugin which permits users to get their AMD video cards to reset properly.

[rc2] Added so-called "add-relaxable-rmrr-5_8_and_up.patch" modified for our kernel
      https://github.com/kiler129/relax-intel-rmrr/blob/master/patches/add-relaxable-rmrr-5_8_and_up.patch

Thanks to @ich777 for pointing this out,

[rc2] Enabled additional ACPI kernel options
    [rc2] Updated out-of-tree drivers

[rc2] Enabled TPM kernel modules (not utilized yet) - note this is for Unraid host utilizing physical TPM, not emulated TPM support for virtual machnes.

Base Packages

Virtually the entire base package set has been updated.

[rc2] For SMB: Samba version 4.15 SMB3 multi-channel is no longer marked "experimental" and is enabled by default.

[rc2] Per request we added the mcelog package.  With inclusion of this package, if you have an AMD processor you may see this error message in the system log:

mcelog: ERROR: AMD Processor family 23: mcelog does not support this processor. Please use the edac_mce_amd module instead.

We're not sure what to make of this.  It appears mcelog is begin deprecated in favor of rasdaemon.  This is something we need to research further.

Other improvements available in 6.10, which are maybe not so obvious to spot from the release notes and some of these improvements are internal and not really visible:

Event driven model to obtain server information and update the webGUI in real-time

• The advantage of this model is its scalability. Multiple browsers can be opened simultaneously to the webGUI without much impact
    • In addition stale browser sessions won't create any CSRF errors anymore
    • People who keep their browser open 24/7 will find the webGUI stays responsive at all times

Docker labels

• Docker labels are added to allow people using Docker compose to make use of icons and GUI access
    • Look at a Docker 'run' command output to see exactly what labels are used

Docker custom networks

• A new setting for custom networks is available. Originally custom networks are created using the macvlan mode, and this mode is kept when upgrading to version 6.10
    • The new ipvlan mode is introduced to battle the crashes some people experience when using macvlan mode. If that is your case, change to ipvlan mode and test. Changing of mode does not require to reconfigure anything on Docker level, internally everything is being taken care off.

Docker bridge network (docker0)

• docker0 now supports IPv6. This is implemented by assigning docker0 a private IPv6 subnet (fd17::/64), similar to what is done for IPv4 and use network translation to communicate with the outside world
    • Containers connected to the bridge network now have both IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity (of course the system must have IPv6 configured in the network configuration)
    • In addition several enhancements are made in the IPv6 implementation to better deal with the use (or no-use) of IPv6

Plugins page

• The plugins page now loads information in two steps. First the list of plugins is created and next the more time consuming plugin status field is retrieved in the background. The result is a faster loading plugins page, especially when you have a lot of plugins installed

Dashboard graphs

• The dashboard has now two graphs available. The CPU graph is displayed by default, while the NETWORK graph is a new option under Interface (see the 'General Info' selection)
    • The CPU graph may be hidden as well in case it is not desired
    • Both graphs have a configurable time-line, which is by default 30 seconds and can be changed independently for each graph to see a longer or shorter history.
    • Graphs are updated in real-time and are useful to observe the behavior of the server under different circumstances

Other Changes

• We switched to a better-maintained version of the WSD server component called wsdd2 in an effort to eliminate instances where the wsd daemon would start consuming 100% of a CPU core.  [rc2] Automatically restrict wsdd to listen only at the primary network interface (br0, bond0, or eth0, depending on config).
    • Fixed issue where you couldn't create a docker image on a share name that contains a space.
    • Fixed issue where 'mover' would not move to a pool name that contains a space.
    • Fixed issue in User Share file system where permissions were not being honored.
    • We increased the font size in Terminal and [rc2] fixed issue with macOS Monterey.
    • [rc2] Fixed jumbo frames not working.
    • [rc2] sysctl: handle net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_count max exceeded (increase setting to 131072) - hattip to Community Member @DieFalse

• [rc2] Mover will create '.partial' file and then rename upon completion.

• [rc2] Check bz file sha256sums at boot time.

Credits

Special thanks to all our beta testers and especially:

@bonienl for his continued refinement and updating of the Dynamix webGUI.

@Squid for continued refinement of Community Apps and associated feed.

@dlandon for continued refinement of Unassigned Devices plugin and patience as we change things under the hood.

@ich777 for assistance and passing on knowledge of Linux kernel config changes to support third party drivers and other kernel-related functionality via plugins.

@SimonF for refinements to System Devices page and other webGUI improvements.  We intend to merge your mover progress changes during this RC series.

Version 6.10.0-rc2 2021-11-01 (vs. 6.10.0-rc1)

Base distro:

• acpid: version 2.0.33
    • at-spi2-core: version 2.42.0
    • bind: version 9.16.22
    • btrfs-progs: version 5.14.2
    • ca-certificates: version 20211005
    • cifs-utils: version 6.14
    • coreutils: version 9.0
    • cryptsetup: version 2.4.1
    • curl: version 7.79.1
    • dhcpcd: version 9.4.1
    • dnsmasq: version 2.86
    • docker: version 20.10.9
    • e2fsprogs: version 1.46.4
    • ethtool: version 5.14
    • file: version 5.41
    • fribidi: version 1.0.11
    • fuse3: version 3.10.5
    • gd: version 2.3.3
    • gdbm: version 1.22
    • git: version 2.33.1
    • glib2: version 2.70.0
    • glibc-zoneinfo: version 2021e
    • gnutls: version 3.7.2
    • grep: version 3.7
    • gzip: version 1.11
    • harfbuzz: version 3.0.0
    • haveged: version 1.9.15
    • htop: version 3.1.1
    • iproute2: version 5.14.0
    • jansson: version 2.14
    • json-glib: version 1.6.6
    • libXi: version 1.8
    • libarchive: version 3.5.2
    • libedit: version 20210910_3.1
    • libepoxy: version 1.5.9
    • libgcrypt: version 1.9.4
    • libgudev: version 237
    • libjpeg-turbo: version 2.1.1
    • libssh: version 0.9.6
    • libssh2: version 1.10.0
    • libtpms: version 0.9.0
    • libvirt: version 7.8.0
    • libvirt-php: version 0.5.6a
    • libwebp: version 1.2.1
    • libxkbcommon: version 1.3.1
    • lvm2: version 2.03.13
    • mc: version 4.8.27
    • mcelog: version 179
    • nano: version 5.9
    • ncurses: version 6.3
    • nghttp2: version 1.46.0
    • nginx: version 1.19.10
    • ntfs-3g: version 2021.8.22
    • openssh: version 8.8p1
    • openssl: version 1.1.1l
    • openssl-solibs: version 1.1.1l
    • pam: version 1.5.2
    • pango: version 1.48.10
    • pcre2: version 10.38
    • php: version 7.4.24
    • qemu: version 6.1.0
    • samba: version 4.15.0
    • sudo: version 1.9.8p2
    • swtpm: version 0.6.1
    • ttyd: version 20211023
    • usbutils: version 014
    • util-linux: version 2.37.2
    • wget: version 1.21.2
    • wireguard-tools: version 1.0.20210914
    • wsdd2: version 1.8.6
    • xfsprogs: version 5.13.0
    • xkeyboard-config: version 2.34
    • xrdb: version 1.2.1
    • xterm: version 369

Linux kernel:

• version 5.14.15
    • restore CONFIG_X86_X32: x32 ABI for 64-bit mode
    • added so-called "add-relaxable-rmrr-5_8_and_up.patch" modified for this kernel
    • added several ACPI-related CONFIG settings
    • added CONFIG_TCG_TPM and associated TPM chip drivers
    • added CONFIG_NFSD_V4: NFS server support for NFS version 4
    • added CONFIG_USB_NET_AQC111: Aquantia AQtion USB to 5/2.5GbE Controllers support
    • added NFS_V4: NFS client support for NFS version 4
    • oot: md/unriad: version 2.9.19
    • oot: nvidia: version 470.63.01 [via plugin]
    • oot: r8125:version 9.006.04
    • oot: r8152: version 2.15.0

Management:

• emhttpd: fix regression: user shares should be enabled by default
    • emhttpd: minimize information transmitted by 'stock' UpdateDNS function
    • firefox: version 91.0.r20210823123856 (AppImage)
    • mover: append '.partial' suffix to filename when move in-progess
    • rc.mcelog: mcelog added to base distro
    • rc.nginx: support custom wildcard self-signed certs
    • rc.S: check bz file sha256 during initial boot
    • sysctl: handle net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_count max exceeded (increase setting to 131072)
    • wsdd2: listen only on active interface by default (br0, bond0, or eth0)
    • webgui: remove 'My Servers' skeleton page
    • webgui: present CA-signed certificate subject as a link
    • webgui: Relax update frequency a bit
    • webgui: Docker: Only save templates as v2
    • webgui: Fix pools display on Main page when empty pool exists
    • webgui: Escape double quotes in text input submit
    • webgui: Add 'root' folder protection to filetree
    • webgui: Support multi-language in filetree display
    • webgui: Use background checking for flash corruption
    • webgui: Proactive script security hardening
    • webgui: Diagnostics: add check for DNS Rebinding Protection
    • webgui: Diagnostics: privatize routable IPs
    • webgui: Diagnostics: add url details
    • webgui: Docker: Fix incorrect caching when deleting / recreating image
    • webgui: Silence PHP error on syslinux page if flash drive is missing
    • webgui: various Multi-language corrections
    • webgui: VM Manager: added Windows 11 template and OVMF TPM
    • webgui: VM Manager: add virtio-win-0.1.208.iso download link
    • webgui: Sign-in required to provision/renew Unraid LE SSL certificate
    • Like 10
    • Thanks 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Are you talking about VMs or am I wrong?

Have you installed the AMD Vendor Reset plugin from the CA App?

Please also share your Diagnostics.

Hi... Didnt know about that plugin and didn't come up on my serach. 

I'll have a look at that later and report back.

T

11 minutes ago, ccsnet said:

Didnt know about that plugin and didn't come up on my serach.

AMD cards up to series 6000 have the reset bug which prevents them from being properly reset if the VM is stopped or killed and the host have to be rebooted in order to get it working in a VM again.

Here is the plugin from the CA App, keep in mind that if you restart the VM many times the plugin can also fail because this is only a workaround and there is no other real solution to this:

grafik.png.95be45ee4d777fdd1e8b93410cd9fd5d.png

I notice Samba 4.15.1 (release notes) contains fixes for macOS. Most grateful if this could be rolled into the next Unraid build to hopefully resolve SMB connection problems. Thanks.

• Like 1
    8 minutes ago, Maxrad said:

I notice Samba 4.15.1 (release notes) contains fixes for macOS. Most grateful if this could be rolled into the next Unraid build to hopefully resolve SMB connection problems. Thanks.

I think I may be experiencing issues here too. It's like the shares are not responsive and I am seeing logs about no credits available for the client machines

• Like 1
    15 hours ago, jungle said:

I think I may be experiencing issues here too. It's like the shares are not responsive and I am seeing logs about no credits available for the client machines

I also have unresponsive shares on MacOS Monterey and Big Sur) when using 6.10 rc1 or rc2.  For now, I revert back to 6.9.2 .

Upgrade from RC1 without any problems, everything seems to work just fine, however in the developer console this message keeps popping up; it doesn't interfere with anything beyond "My Servers" as long as I can tell, but maybe is of help for you as developers:

image.png.9c2e65334accbb4215c866505b10ea48.png

image.png.40b3cee0fcc133dbc370be20d6429290.png

On 11/9/2021 at 11:32 AM, ich777 said:

AMD cards up to series 6000 have the reset bug which prevents them from being properly reset if the VM is stopped or killed and the host have to be rebooted in order to get it working in a VM again.

Here is the plugin from the CA App, keep in mind that if you restart the VM many times the plugin can also fail because this is only a workaround and there is no other real solution to this:

grafik.png.95be45ee4d777fdd1e8b93410cd9fd5d.png

Thanks... Card seems better in win 10 but still having issues firing up in win 11.

Ill try a clean build out at the weekend and report back. 

T

• Like 1

My upgrade from 6.9.2 to 6.10.0-rc2 was uneventful, thank you.

Dashboard graphs

• The dashboard has now two graphs available. The CPU graph is displayed by default, while the NETWORK graph is a new option under Interface (see the 'General Info' selection)

Shouldn't that say 'Network traffic' instead of 'General Info'?

1467705690_ScreenShot2021-11-10at19_48_42.png.79467052d1e4a9e20827bf366a50dc13.png

Im having an issue that rc2 seems to have created. The Samsung 980 NVMe (possibly others drives too) will randomly report its 84C, even though it is not. Quickly googling the issue led me to others having the exact same issue with rc2. Alot of information is in the linked post, but I can provide more if needed. 

Edited by macieksoft
    On 11/2/2021 at 12:06 AM, limetech said:

We are not going to remove it ...

Lastly, out of respect, if anyone wants to discuss this further, please create a separate topic to do so.

As I keep reflecting on your answer and position I actually don't like your tone and the way you treat you customers at all.  You're the opposite of humble or grateful for our business / $$$ and you show no intention to listen or to find a work around. Is pretty much my way or the high way.  Business 1:1 if I may, this tone of yours, one day will karma right back at you.  I think I already know the outcome of this request or conversation so I give up but not before calling you out on this as I really really DON'T LIKE IT...... Just for the record and for others to see

Edited by johnwhicker
    1 hour ago, johnwhicker said:

As I keep reflecting on your answer and position I actually don't like your tone and the way you threat you customers at all.  You're the opposite of humble or grateful for our business / $$$ and you show no intention to listen or to find a work around. Is pretty much my way or the high way.  Business 1:1 if I may, this tone of yours, one day will karma right back at you.  I think I already know the outcome of this request or conversation so I give up but not before calling you out on this as I really really DON't LIKE IT...... Just for the record and for others to see

Since you mention "for others to see", I take it as giving me right to comment (after all it IS in a public forum). So let me comment on this after reading your original post too.

1) Disclaimer: I am not taking the side of Limetech. I don't care. I had my own rough times in the past (with Tom too IIRC)... many years ago. Don't even remember why any more. Back then I "voted" with my decision. I stopped using unRAID for years. Yet I returned because it became what I dreamt it should be before I stopped using it. So being first and foremost a consumer, not a fanboy nor a hater, I just returned. My original Pro license waited for me patiently.

2) Since you are talking about "tone"... Your tone in your first post and this post is quite a Karen. You are only ONE customer. Who made you our representative and the right to speak for us? Who told you we want this removed (even if we don't use it, I don't either). It doesn't bother me. It just stays there, who cares.

3) I don't see any threat whatsoever by LT. Maybe you mean "treat", but still, I don't see an issue.

4) LT is a business, as you said. They make things, we buy them, they support them indefinitely ON the price we originally bought them (no service fees). So why would they be grateful, or would we be grateful? $$$ = product. And I bet you have the product already. It is a transaction - as simple as that. Yet, they stand by their clients all right and do it for years (and this is not proven by removing something nobody else asked to remove than entitled-you).

5) Also, since they are a business, it is in the end their choice if they want to actively promote a new feature (their "cloud" system) if it is not too intrusive. So that login up in the corner and the OPTIONAL plugin, is not what I would call "intrusive".

6) Nobody is forcing you to update unRAID to next version. Stay on the current one. Remove unRAID for all we care.

7) If this login button and menu is (or was) a real problem, I am sure someone will step in with a tiny plugin (like the one that widens the interface for super-wide screens), that removes it. Or you can try making such a plugin.

8 ) Back to tone. I am sure if your original post was something like "this thing on the top right about logging in... could you please make hide-able, maybe by a toggle in the settings in some future version, for us OCD people?". This possibly would get a better reply. 

Cheers.

Edited by NLS
    • Like 5
    44 minutes ago, NLS said:

Since you mention "for others to see", I take it as giving me right to comment (after all it IS in a public forum). So let me comment on this after reading your original post too.

Every paying customers is entitled to an opinion and I am sure there are others that feel the same way about this intrusive feature but just prefer not to be confrontational.  I am not here to say "please" mate, I am here to be direct.  Most of your statements don't stand:

2.  Where in my post do you see me being your  representative and speaking for you all?  Most of the times I say "I". It is not my intention to speak or represent anybody else.

4. I din't ask them to be grateful, I asked them to stop intruding my privacy and my security.  Forcing me to connect and link to their cloud service with identifiable IP and other personal information linked in the cloud backend ( license, credit card, address, name, etc, etc) is a big NO NO in my books. Besides I would like to stay off the grid with my unRaid  from the moment I downloaded my license key. That was the initial model and what they're doing now is a major paradigm switch. 

6.  The license should provide me with the benefit of upgrades and I expect a balanced approach to features vs security and privacy.  The reality here is that they're paving the way for a subscription model which will not work without this kind of cloud ecosystem, that's all it boils down to.  I don't care for subscription either but that's for the new users to worry about it. 

7. Most likely I will have to hack my way around  the .js files and remove it myself but I shouldn't  have to do that. Why is so hard to have toggle switch and take it off the webGUI?

8. Again I am not in the business of "please" and I am not sure if I appreciate your OCD statement. Seems a bit rude and arrogant. I didn't  insult anyone in my posts and I expect the same 

Edited by johnwhicker
    1 hour ago, johnwhicker said:

4. I din't ask them to be grateful, I asked them to stop intruding my privacy and my security.  Forcing me to connect and link to their cloud service with identifiable IP and other personal information linked in the cloud backend ( license, credit card, address, name, etc, etc) is a big NO NO in my books.

Thanks for feedback.
    I encourage you to take a look at the Purchases section on our policies page and the My Servers wiki linked below. 
    There are a few inaccuracies in your comment. If you have other questions, my DMs are open. 

https://unraid.net/policies

https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers#Privacy

• Like 1
    12 minutes ago, SpencerJ said:

Thanks for feedback.
    I encourage you to take a look at the Purchases section on our policies page and the My Servers wiki linked below. 
    There are a few inaccuracies in your comment. If you have other questions, my DMs are open. 

https://unraid.net/policies

https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers#Privacy

Trust but verify.  I disagree with most of the this but this is not the forum to prove you're wrong nor start peeling the onion on your architecture and code, or security best practice and DP/GDPR privacy regulations :) Policies or disclosures don't mean jack when a breach happens and my data is all over the places.  Is just lawyer BS :)  Think Ubiquity, SolarWinds, just to list a few.  Again I don't want to get into arguments here. 

Not that this is a large issue, but the processor info on the dashboard seems to not display the CPU anymore, but instead just "@". My CPU is an i3 10300 (not the much more common i3 10100). 

Screenshot 2021-11-11 214532.png

Edited by macieksoft
    6 hours ago, macieksoft said:

but instead just "@".

Can you open a terminal window and post the result of this command

dmidecode -t4

5 hours ago, bonienl said:

Can you open a terminal window and post the result of this command

dmidecode -t4

Sure:

root@Z490:~# dmidecode -t4

# dmidecode 3.3
    Getting SMBIOS data from sysfs.
    SMBIOS 3.2.0 present.

Running cat /proc/cpuinfo does give: 

model name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10300 CPU @ 3.70GHz

I believe that's what was in the CPU info in 6.9.2.

• Like 1

Updated to RC2 and my Performance in File Acces went haywire.
    Accessing Video-files from Kodi took way longer than before. Even fastforwarding let to small problems.
    rolled back to RC1 and everything is fine again. So i'm sitting RC2 out and will wait for RC3

Edited by Dave-Kay

I have a weird "bug" since i upgraded to RC2 from RC1

My network connection on the server goes "down" every now and again.

What happens is, for example, I copy a file from unraid to my machine at 100 something mb/s then at mid transfer goes to 0 byte/s and then restart after a while. This happen on Win10, 11 over wired or wireless. I tried in a VM on my Unraid server and the transfer has no issues.

Web interface works fine even during the 0byte/s interval

What i tried:

- Changing MTU back to 1500 on UNRAID, switch and machines - changed nothing

- Changing network card on the client - nothing

- Upgrading from 10 to 11 on a client - nothing

- Update driver on network card on client - nothing

- Restarting both clients and unraid - nothing

My config:

Supermicro X9SRL-F with a Xeon E5-2670 and 64gb ram

2x intel 82574L gigabit onboard with a LACP bond that worked fine up to RC1

8 disks, various sizes with 1 parity

1 cache nvme ssd

I will try to disable the bond next but i need it and it worked fine up to RC1

I attached diagnostics

unraidsrv-diagnostics-20211113-1517.zip

EDIT: nope, its not the bond, problem occurs even with just one cable connected and bond removed

EDIT2: i tried with a broadcom nextreme II that i had laying around and i have the same problem. I also tried safe mode to no avail. I guess ill just revert to RC1 for the moment

EDIT3: i can confirm that on RC1 i do not have the problem and everything works fine except my win11 vm that I created on RC2 but i can understand that because the TPM template was added in that version

Edited by exico

Not sure what explains this being fixed, but good new is good news... first time in many versions I'm able to run the UnRAID GUI. I tested both legacy and EFI boot modes and both now work. Awesome, I very much missed this feature! 😃

Everytime I boot into the GUI, after login, Firefox has a message pop-up asking to be the default browser, and select a color theme. If there is a way to make these selections persist, so not prompted after each reboot, that would be make the user experience that much more elegant.

5 hours ago, Lev said:

Not sure what explains this being fixed, but good new is good news... first time in many versions I'm able to run the UnRAID GUI. I tested both legacy and EFI boot modes and both now work. Awesome, I very much missed this feature! 😃

Everytime I boot into the GUI, after login, Firefox has a message pop-up asking to be the default browser, and select a color theme. If there is a way to make these selections persist, so not prompted after each reboot, that would be make the user experience that much more elegant.

I had a similar thing happen when I upgraded my system with a new mainboard and cpu... 6.9.2 would not boot into the GUI... I was indifferent to it but discovered almost by accident that 6.10 RC1 worked.

• Like 1

I have upgraded from stable branch to the rc2 and I am getting a weird error every time I try to start a VM where I am passing through my GPU 5700XT (the same VM without the GPU can start)

The Web Gui crashes and the Vm does not start. But everything else seems to work (docker containers etc.)

Any ideas ?

Syslog

Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: amdgpu 0000:0a:00.0: amdgpu: amdgpu: finishing device.
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: Console: switching to colour dummy device 80x25
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: amdgpu 0000:0a:00.0: amdgpu: Fail to disable thermal alert!
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: [drm] free PSP TMR buffer
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: BUG: unable to handle page fault for address: ffffc90010afd000
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: #PF: supervisor write access in kernel mode
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: #PF: error_code(0x0002) - not-present page
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: PGD 100000067 P4D 100000067 PUD 10017a067 PMD 0
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: Oops: 0002 [#1] SMP NOPTI
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 9056 Comm: rpc-worker Tainted: G           O      5.14.15-Unraid #1
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: Hardware name: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X570 AORUS PRO/X570 AORUS PRO, BIOS F11 12/06/2019
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RIP: 0010:vcn_v2_0_sw_fini+0x10/0x32 [amdgpu]
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: Code: 60 48 85 c0 74 0d 41 b8 10 00 00 00 31 c9 e9 dc b9 45 e1 31 c9 e9 86 b0 f2 ff 0f 1f 44 00 00 55 48 8b 87 00 17 01 00 48 89 fd <c7> 00 00 00 00 00 e8 1b 97 f5 ff 48 89 ef e8 a8 6d ff ff 85 c0 75
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RSP: 0018:ffffc90001437cd0 EFLAGS: 00010206
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RAX: ffffc90010afd000 RBX: ffff8881496a0000 RCX: 0000000000000000
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RDX: 000000000000000f RSI: 0000000000210d00 RDI: ffff8881496a0000
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RBP: ffff8881496a0000 R08: 0000000000000001 R09: ffffffffa04e3e69
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: R10: ffff888108ebbc00 R11: 0000000000000002 R12: 0000000000000008
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: R13: ffff8881496b63b8 R14: ffff888101364368 R15: ffff888101364364
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: FS:  0000145bed8d9640(0000) GS:ffff8887fe840000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: CR2: ffffc90010afd000 CR3: 000000015ae68000 CR4: 0000000000350ee0
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: Call Trace:
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: amdgpu_device_fini_sw+0xf1/0x25b [amdgpu]
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: amdgpu_driver_release_kms+0x12/0x23 [amdgpu]
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: drm_dev_put+0x34/0x5a [drm]
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: release_nodes+0x40/0x58
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: devres_release_all+0x95/0xbb
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: device_release_driver_internal+0x102/0x199
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: unbind_store+0x56/0x74
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: kernfs_fop_write_iter+0x126/0x152
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: new_sync_write+0x7f/0xb7
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: vfs_write+0xd9/0x124
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: ksys_write+0x76/0xbe
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: do_syscall_64+0x83/0xa5
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RIP: 0033:0x145bef66e4af
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: Code: 89 54 24 18 48 89 74 24 10 89 7c 24 08 e8 89 b8 f8 ff 48 8b 54 24 18 48 8b 74 24 10 41 89 c0 8b 7c 24 08 b8 01 00 00 00 0f 05 <48> 3d 00 f0 ff ff 77 31 44 89 c7 48 89 44 24 08 e8 dc b8 f8 ff 48
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RSP: 002b:0000145bed8d8400 EFLAGS: 00000293 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000001
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 000000000000000c RCX: 0000145bef66e4af
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RDX: 000000000000000c RSI: 0000145bdc05fe10 RDI: 0000000000000021
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RBP: 0000145bdc05fe10 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000145bdc0403c0
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000293 R12: 0000000000000021
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: R13: 0000000000000021 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000145bdc072a40
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: Modules linked in: xt_CHECKSUM ipt_REJECT nf_reject_ipv4 ip6table_mangle ip6table_nat iptable_mangle vhost_net tun vhost vhost_iotlb tap veth xt_nat xt_tcpudp xt_conntrack xt_MASQUERADE nf_conntrack_netlink nfnetlink xt_addrtype iptable_nat nf_nat nf_conntrack nf_defrag_ipv6 nf_defrag_ipv4 br_netfilter xfs md_mod vendor_reset(O) ip6table_filter ip6_tables iptable_filter ip_tables x_tables bonding wmi_bmof mxm_wmi amdgpu edac_mce_amd kvm_amd kvm crct10dif_pclmul crc32_pclmul crc32c_intel ghash_clmulni_intel aesni_intel crypto_simd cryptd rapl gpu_sched drm_ttm_helper ttm drm_kms_helper k10temp i2c_piix4 drm cdc_acm ccp backlight agpgart syscopyarea sysfillrect sysimgblt fb_sys_fops ahci libahci input_leds led_class nzxt_kraken2 igb corsair_psu nvme i2c_algo_bit i2c_core nvme_core thermal wmi button acpi_cpufreq
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: CR2: ffffc90010afd000
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: ---[ end trace b48584c37f77220d ]---
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RIP: 0010:vcn_v2_0_sw_fini+0x10/0x32 [amdgpu]
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: Code: 60 48 85 c0 74 0d 41 b8 10 00 00 00 31 c9 e9 dc b9 45 e1 31 c9 e9 86 b0 f2 ff 0f 1f 44 00 00 55 48 8b 87 00 17 01 00 48 89 fd <c7> 00 00 00 00 00 e8 1b 97 f5 ff 48 89 ef e8 a8 6d ff ff 85 c0 75
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RSP: 0018:ffffc90001437cd0 EFLAGS: 00010206
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RAX: ffffc90010afd000 RBX: ffff8881496a0000 RCX: 0000000000000000
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RDX: 000000000000000f RSI: 0000000000210d00 RDI: ffff8881496a0000
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: RBP: ffff8881496a0000 R08: 0000000000000001 R09: ffffffffa04e3e69
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: R10: ffff888108ebbc00 R11: 0000000000000002 R12: 0000000000000008
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: R13: ffff8881496b63b8 R14: ffff888101364368 R15: ffff888101364364
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: FS:  0000145bed8d9640(0000) GS:ffff8887fe840000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
    Nov 14 16:23:38 NIKOS-TOWER kernel: CR2: ffffc90010afd000 CR3: 000000015ae68000 CR4: 0000000000350ee0

nikos-tower-diagnostics-20211114-1625.zip