The 6.12 release includes initial ZFS support in addition to the usual set of bug fixes, kernel, and package updates.
Please create new topics here in this board to report Bugs or other Issues.
As always, prior to updating, create a backup of your USB flash device: "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
Note regarding plugins: This release includes upgrading PHP from v7.4 to v8.2.3, necessary for continued PHP security updates. We recommend you upgrade all your plugins before updating the OS, and be aware that any plugin which hasn't been updated recently (with a comment about PHP 8 in the change logs) may not work correctly. You may want to uninstall that plugin until the author has had time to update it. Plugin authors are aware of necessary changes and many plugins have already been updated. If you encounter an issue with a plugin, please create a nice post in the plugins support topic.
Special thanks to all our beta testers and especially:
@bonienl for his continued refinement and updating of the Dynamix webGUI.
@Squid for continued refinement of Community Apps and associated feed.
@dlandon for continued refinement of Unassigned Devices plugin.
@ich777 for continued support of third-party drivers, recommendations for base OS enhancements and beta testing.
@JorgeB for rigorous testing of the storage subsystem and helping us understand ZFS nuances, of which there are many.
@SimonF for curating our VM Manager and adding some very nice enhancements.
Thanks to everyone above and our Plugin Authors for identifying and putting up with all the changes which came about from upgrading PHP from v7 to v8.
Version 6.12.0-rc1 2023-03-14
If you created any zpools using 6.12.0-beta5 please Erase those pools and recreate.
If you revert back from 6.12 to 6.11.5 or ealier, you have to force update all your Docker containers and start them manually after downgrading. This is necessary because of the underlying change to cgroup v2 in 6.12.0-rc1.
New in this release is the ability to create a ZFS file system in a user-defined pool. In addition you may format any data device in the unRAID array with a single-device ZFS file system.
We are splitting full ZFS implementation across two Unraid OS releases. Initial support in this release includes:
- Support raid0, mirror, raidz1, raidz2 and raidz3 root profiles. Up to 4 devices in a mirror vdev. Multiple vdev groups.
- Support removing single device: if device still present in server, 'wipefs' is used to clear the partition table.
- Support replacing single missing device with a new device of same or larger size.
- Support pool rename.
- Pool names must begin with a lowercase letter and only contain lowercase letters, digits, the underscore and dash. Pool names must not end with a digit.
- Non-root vdev cannot be configured in this release, however, they can be imported.
- Pools created on other systems may or may not import depending on how the the pool was created. A future update will permit importing pools from any system.
A ZFS pool has three variables:
- profile - the root data organization: raid0, mirror, raidz1, raidz2, raidz3
- width - the number of devices per root vdev
- groups - the number of root vdevs in the pool
At time of ZFS pool creation, the webGUI will present all topology options based on the number of devices assigned to the pool.
Special treatment for root single-vdev mirrors:
- A single-device ZFS pool can be converted to multiple-device mirror by adding up to 3 additional devices in one operation.
- A 2-device mirror can be increased to 3-device by adding a single device; similarly a 3-device mirror can be increased to 4-device mirror by adding a single device.
To add an additional root vdev, you must assign 'width' number of new devices to the pool at the same time. The new vdev will be created with the same 'profile' as the existing vdevs. Additional flexibility in adding/expanding vdevs will be provided in a future update.
Pools created with the 'steini84' plugin can be imported as follows: First create a new pool with the number of slots corresponding to the number of devices in the pool to be imported. Next assign all the devices to the new pool. Upon array Start the pool should be recognized, though certain zpool topologies may not be recognized (please report).
Mixed topologies are not supported. For example, a pool with both a mirror root vdev and a raidz root vdev is not recognized.
Autotrim can be configured as "on" or "off" (except for single-device ZFS volumes in the unRAID array).
Compression can be configured as "on" or "off", where "on" selects "lz4". Future update will permit specifying other algorithms/levels.
When creating a new ZFS pool you may choose "zfs - encrypted", which, like other encrypted volumes, applies device-level encryption via LUKS. ZFS native encryption is not supported at this time.
During system boot, the file /etc/modprobe.d/zfs.conf is auto-generated to limit the ZFS ARC to 1/8 of installed memory. This can be overridden if necessary by creating a custom 'config/modprobe.d/zfs.conf' file. Future update will include ability to configure the ARC via webGUI, including auto-adjust according to memory pressure, e.g., VM start/stop.
Autotrim can be configured as "on" or "off" when used in a pool.
Compression can be configured as "on" or "off". "on" selects "zstd". Future update to permit specifying other algorithms/levels.
Autotrim can be configured as "on" or "off" when used as a single-slot pool.
- CreateDocker: changed label "Docker Hub URL" to "Registry URL" because of GHCR and other new container registries becoming more and more popular.
- Honor user setting of stop time-out.
- Accept images in OCI format.
- Add option to disable readmore-js on container table
If you enable copy/paste for virtual consoles you need to install additional software on the client in addition to the QEMU agent if that has been installed. Here is the location for spice-vdagent for both Windows and Linux. Note copy/paste function will not work with web spice viewer you need to use virt-viewer.
- Add Serial option to vdisk.
- Spice Bug fix for users with non standard GUI ports defined.
- OVMF for QEMU: version stable202302
- Fix for bus text.
- Enable copy paste option for virtual consoles
- Update Memory Backup processing for Virtiofs.
- Fix lockup when no VMs are present
- Add support for rtl8139 network model.
- fix translation omission
- added lock/unlock for sortable items
- Fix for Spice Mouse if Copy paste enabled.
The webGUI Dashboard has been redesigned, and it is now possible to move elements (tiles) up and down and between columns. This allows the user to organize the tiles in any way they desire. There is a small "lock" icon on the menu bar which must be clicked to enable this function.
Note: The "lock" icon also appears on the Docker and VM pages and must be clicked to rearrange the startup order.
- version 6.1.19
- md/unraid: version 2.9.27
- CONFIG_FS_DAX: File system based Direct Access (DAX) support
- CONFIG_VIRTIO_FS: Virtio Filesystem
- CONFIG_ZONE_DEVICE: Device memory (pmem, HMM, etc...) hotplug support
- CONFIG_USBIP_HOST: Host driver
- CONFIG_INTEL_MEI: Intel Management Engine Interface
- CONFIG_INTEL_MEI_ME: ME Enabled Intel Chipsets
- CONFIG_INTEL_MEI_GSC: Intel MEI GSC embedded device
- CONFIG_INTEL_MEI_PXP: Intel PXP services of ME Interface
- CONFIG_INTEL_MEI_HDCP: Intel HDCP2.2 services of ME Interface
- CONFIG_DRM_I915_PXP: Enable Intel PXP support
- CONFIG_SCSI_FC_ATTRS: FiberChannel Transport Attributes
- CONFIG_FUSION_SPI: Fusion MPT ScsiHost drivers for SPI
- CONFIG_FUSION_FC: Fusion MPT ScsiHost drivers for FC
- CONFIG_FUSION_CTL: Fusion MPT misc device (ioctl) driver
- CONFIG_FUSION_LOGGING: Fusion MPT logging facility
- aaa_glibc-solibs: version 2.37
- adwaita-icon-theme: version 43
- at-spi2-core: version 2.46.0
- bash: version 5.2.015
- bind: version 9.18.12
- btrfs-progs: version 6.2.1
- ca-certificates: version 20221205
- cryptsetup: version 2.6.1
- curl: version 7.88.1
- dbus: version 1.14.6
- diffutils: version 3.9
- dnsmasq: version 2.89
- docker: version 20.10.23
- e2fsprogs: version 1.47.0
- encodings: version 1.0.7
- file: version 5.44
- freetype: version 2.13.0
- fuse3: version 3.12.0
- gawk: version 5.2.1
- git: version 2.39.2
- glib2: version 2.74.6
- glibc: version 2.37
- glibc-zoneinfo: version 2022g
- gnutls: version 3.7.9
- gptfdisk: version 1.0.9
- gtk+3: version 3.24.37
- harfbuzz: version 7.1.0
- htop: version 3.2.2
- iproute2: version 6.2.0
- iptables: version 1.8.9
- iputils: version 20221126
- less: version 612
- libICE: version 1.1.1
- libSM: version 1.2.4
- libX11: version 1.8.4
- libXau: version 1.0.11
- libXcomposite: version 0.4.6
- libXdamage: version 1.1.6
- libXdmcp: version 1.1.4
- libXpm: version 3.5.15
- libXrandr: version 1.5.3
- libXres: version 1.2.2
- libXxf86dga: version 1.1.6
- libarchive: version 3.6.2
- libdrm: version 2.4.115
- libfontenc: version 1.1.7
- libglvnd: version 1.6.0
- libjpeg-turbo: version 18.104.22.168
- libpcap: version 1.10.3
- libpng: version 1.6.39
- libpsl: version 0.21.2
- libwebp: version 1.3.0
- libxkbcommon: version 1.5.0
- libxkbfile: version 1.1.2
- libxshmfence: version 1.3.2
- lmdb: version 0.9.30
- logrotate: version 3.21.0
- lsof: version 4.98.0
- lz4: version 1.9.4
- lzlib: version 1.13
- mc: version 4.8.29
- mcelog: version 191
- mpfr: version 4.2.0
- nano: version 7.2
- ncurses: version 6.4
- nginx: version 1.23.3
- nghttp2: version 1.52.0
- openssh: version 9.2p1
- openssl: version 1.1.1t
- openssl-solibs: version 1.1.1t
- openzfs: version 2.1.9
- pango: version 1.50.14
- pciutils: version 3.9.0
- pcre2: version 10.42
- php: version 8.2.3
- php-libvirt: version 0.5.7
- php-markdown: version 2.0.0
- samba: version 4.17.4
- sqlite: version 3.41.0
- sudo: version 1.9.13p2
- sysstat: version 12.7.2
- tdb: version 1.4.8
- tevent: version 0.14.1
- traceroute: version 2.1.2
- transset: version 1.0.3
- tree: version 2.1.0
- usbutils: version 015
- xcb-util: version 0.4.1
- xdriinfo: version 1.0.7
- xf86-video-vesa: version 2.6.0
- xfsprogs: version 5.13.0
- xhost: version 1.0.9
- xinit: version 1.4.2
- xkbcomp: version 1.4.6
- xkeyboard-config: version 2.38
- xorg-server: version 21.1.7
- xprop: version 1.2.6
- xrandr: version 1.5.2
- xset: version 1.2.5
- xterm: version 379
- xz: version 5.4.1
- zstd: version 1.5.4
- cgroup2 now the default
- do not mount loopback images using directio
- Patch upgradepkg to prevent replacing existing package with older version.
- NFS: enable UPD transport
- emhttp: fix cache pool (null) syslog strings
- emhttp: fix cache pool display wrong device size for selected replacement device
- mover: fixed bug: improper handling of symlinks
- shfs: igonore top-level hidden directoris (names beginning with '.')
- wireguard: add SSL support for WG tunnel IP addresses (myunraid.net wildcard certs only)
- webgui: support PHP8, increase PHP max memory from 128M to 256M
- webgui: ManagementAccess: Disable Provision/Renew/Upgrade buttons when no IP on eth0
- webgui: ManagementAccess: Support wireguard local IP addresses in combination with myservers.unraid.net SSL cert
- webgui: Move "view" icon on Main and Shares page to the left
- webgui: Dashboard: fix regression error in "select case"
- webgui: Dashboard: make items moveable between columns
- webgui: Keep dismissed banners hidden for a month
- webgui: Dashboard: API for adding custom tiles
- webgui: Dashboard: rearrange processor information
- webgui: Dashboard: rearrange UPS info
- webgui: Dashboard: rearrange memory info
- webgui: Dashboard: VPN header rearrangement
- webgui: Dashboard: header rearrangements
- webgui: Add jqueryUI touch punch for mobile devices
- webgui: Changed ID to CLASS for elements occurring more than once
webgui: Make header in white and black themes scrollable
- When more items are present than screen space, the user can now scroll through them (previously these items were invisible)
webgui: Dashboard and Docker: introduce lock button for sortable items
- By default sortable items are locked, which allows mobile devices to scroll the page. Upon request items can be made sortable
- webgui: Users: add icon to title bar
webgui: Tools: new function -> PHP Settings
- View PHP info
- Configure error reporting
- Open LOG to see errors in real-time
- webgui: System info: fix reading inactive ports
- webgui: Plugin: Include the actual command, being executed
- webgui: System info: cache enhancement
- webgui: System info: memory enhancement
- webgui: DeviceInfo: disable buttons when erase operation is running
- webgui: Docker: filetree corrections
- webgui: Fixed: Dashboard: show heat alarm per pool
webgui: Notifications: revised operation
- Autoclose new notifications after 3 seconds
- Fix notifications reappearing after closure
- webgui: DeviceList: add FS type in offline state
- webgui: Add notification agent for Bark
- webgui: Main: hide browse icon when disk is not mounted
- webgui: Diagnostics: add additional btrfs and zfs info
- webgui: Dashboard: add ZFS memory usage
webgui: Revised New Permissions
- Select either disks or shares (not both)
- webgui: Add testparm to diagnostics
- webgui: Support new UD reserved mount point of /mnt/addons