• Unraid OS version 6.12.0-rc2 available

limetech

Please refer to the 6.12.0-rc1 topic for a general overview.

Version 6.12.0-rc2 2023-03-18

Bug fixes

• networking: fix nginx recognizing IP address from slow dhcp servers
    • VM Manager: let page load even when PCI devices appear missing or are misassigned
    • webgui: Dashboard fixes:
      • lock the Dashboard completely: Editing/moving only becomes possible when unlocking the page
      • An empty column is refilled when the respective tiles are made visible again, no need to reset everything
      • added a visual "move indicator" on the Docker and VM page, to make clearer that rows can be moved now.
      • change cursor shape when moving is enabled
      • use tile title as index
    • webgui: fix issue displaying Attributes when temperature display set to Fahrenheit
    • zfs: fixed issue importing ZFS pools with additional top-level sections besides the root section

ZFS Pools

• Add scheduled trimming of ZFS pools.
    • Replace Scrub button with Clear button when pool is in error state.

Base Distro

• php: version 8.2.4

Linux kernel

• version 6.1.20
    • CONFIG_X86_AMD_PSTATE: AMD Processor P-State driver

Misc

• save current PCI bus/device information in file '/boot/previous/hardware' upon Unraid OS upgrade.
    • Like 12
    • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

15 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

This.

I haven't tried but shouldn't it be possible to use the mover to avoid doing a complete wipe?

Something like this: 

change share setting --> move files to array --> take the array offline --> reformat cache --> change share setting --> move files back to cache

3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Please create a bug report and include the diagnostics after a failed attempt.

I would do, but Unraid is imploding. I made a couple of videos to demonstrate what I'm having to deal with here:

8 minutes ago, infidel said:

I would do, but Unraid is imploding. I made a couple of videos to demonstrate what I'm having to deal with here:

Try the   SAFE MODE  ----  a boot menu option during bootup  

Edited by Frank1940

I'm getting a "No swap limit support" warning in docker, which prevents me from using the memory options for containers. See the "docker info" output below:

Client:
     Context:    default
     Debug Mode: false

Server:
     Containers: 57
      Running: 42
      Paused: 0
      Stopped: 15
     Server Version: 20.10.23
     Storage Driver: overlay2
      Backing Filesystem: xfs
      Supports d_type: true
      Native Overlay Diff: true
      userxattr: false
     Logging Driver: json-file
     Cgroup Driver: cgroupfs
     Cgroup Version: 2
     Plugins:
      Volume: local
      Network: bridge host ipvlan macvlan null overlay
      Log: awslogs fluentd gcplogs gelf journald json-file local logentries splunk syslog
     Swarm: inactive
     Runtimes: io.containerd.runc.v2 io.containerd.runtime.v1.linux nvidia runc
     Default Runtime: runc
     Init Binary: docker-init
     containerd version: 5b842e528e99d4d4c1686467debf2bd4b88ecd86
     runc version: v1.1.4-0-g5fd4c4d1
     init version: de40ad0
     Security Options:
      seccomp
       Profile: default
      cgroupns
     Kernel Version: 6.1.20-Unraid
     Operating System: Slackware 15.0 x86_64 (post 15.0 -current)
     OSType: linux
     Architecture: x86_64
     CPUs: 8
     Total Memory: 30.8GiB
     Name: Beehive
     ID: QTPO:CTTS:SN3A:BCE5:6DWV:LTC5:UEPU:KJHP:GRNT:7D43:ECKQ:NU5K
     Docker Root Dir: /var/lib/docker
     Debug Mode: false
     Registry: https://index.docker.io/v1/
     Labels:
     Experimental: false
     Insecure Registries:
      127.0.0.0/8
     Live Restore Enabled: false
     Product License: Community Engine

WARNING: No swap limit support

1 hour ago, rogueosb said:

I'm getting a "No swap limit support" warning in docker, which prevents me from using the memory options for containers. See the "docker info" output below:

Thanks.  You do get a warning, but the memory constraints you put in do work

• Upvote 1

I tried installing 6.12.0-rc2, and I get the following..

plugin: installing: unRAIDServer.plg
    plugin: downloading: unRAIDServer-6.12.0-rc2-x86_64.zip ... done
    plugin: downloading: unRAIDServer-6.12.0-rc2-x86_64.md5 ... done

writing flash device - please wait...
    Archive: /tmp/unRAIDServer.zip
    plugin: run failed: /bin/bash
    Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

image.png.d37126da0ddb0d024d0faa274bddfebd.png

Should the Docker reset sort button still be visible or applicable even if the dashboard is locked? I feel like it's possible to accidentally click it and reset your docker order. It might be annoying if you had a lot and you wanted it a specific order. 

54 minutes ago, goodolwheatie said:

image.png.d37126da0ddb0d024d0faa274bddfebd.png

Should the Docker reset sort button still be visible or applicable even if the dashboard is locked? I feel like it's possible to accidentally click it and reset your docker order. It might be annoying if you had a lot and you wanted it a specific order. 

Probably not.  I'm sure it's an oversight

6 hours ago, goodolwheatie said:

Should the Docker reset sort button still be visible or applicable even if the dashboard is locked?

In upcoming release the reset-sort icon for both Docker and VM is locked by default

Steps i took to migrate my cache pool to ZFS (I am NOT responsible for any data lost this is strictly for educational use only)
    disable docker and vm services
    Set the following shares to cache yes. (Do NOT use prefer, only, or no this till not transfer data off.)
    appdata
    domains
    system
    Open a shell session (if you are familiar with screen or tmux I suggest using a session to run this in)

find /mnt/cache/ -depth | /usr/local/sbin/move -d 1

This will start the transfer of all data off the drive
    ***wait***
    once that is done, verify ALL data you want is migrated off the cache.
    If you use

du -shc /mnt/cache/*

it will show you how much disk space is being used by any directory and totals.
    if there is any data left run the find command again.
    Sometimes small files may be left behind or have duplicates. in MOST cases they are fine to delete, but just double check each one.

Running the following command will show all files left in your cache directory.

find /mnt/cache/ -type f

Once you have verified you are clear and no data you want to save is still on cache you can stop your array, and change your formatting to zfs, I feel like at this point i could tell it to delete the partition.
    Check the maintenance mode box and then start the array.
    You should now have the option to format the cache drives to zfs. do that and stop the array and start it normally.
    (At this point i got a stale config error but a restart fixed it.)
    Once you are back up change the shares you set to cache yes earlier to cache preferred.
    Open a new shell session and do the following command

find /mnt/disk*/appdata -depth | /usr/local/sbin/move -d 1

***wait***
    you will need to do this for every share you want on cache for me that is appdata, system and domains

find /mnt/disk*/system -depth | /usr/local/sbin/move -d 1

***wait***

find /mnt/disk*/domains -depth | /usr/local/sbin/move -d 1

***wait***
    Once this is done you can restart the docker and vm services and you should be good to go.

Edited by Hiren

I had two issues with this release so far. I don't know if it's the right place to report them or if other people have posted about them, but here we go:

1. Creating a pool and configuring it to ZFS before setting any disk will break the pool configuration and disk assignment in the web GUI. I had to delete the pool configuration file in /boot/config/pools/ and reboot from SSH. If I set the disks then setup ZFS settings in the pool configuration, everything is fine.

2. Importing ZFS pools created in this Unraid release will not work. I was debugging the first issue and re-created my USB drive, and I couldn't import my pool. I compared the config file from the old USB drive I backed up, and it was missing the diskUUID. That was the only difference and simply copying it from my backup resolved the issue.

10 hours ago, TR3MIC said:

I had two issues with this release so far. I don't know if it's the right place to report them or if other people have posted about them, but here we go:

Was able to reproduce #1, never had any trouble importing pools, please create a new bug report and post the diagnostics after a failed import attempt.

Can someone confirm that with zfs drives the folder of a share will always have to be owned by 99:100 and 0777 perms due to being a dataset?

For example with nextcloud the data directory is required to have 0770 perms, on 6.11 one can make a nextcloud share then chmod 0770 /mnt/user/nextcloud, and that'll stick. On 6.12 with ZFS drives one can do that but the perms get set back to 777 on reboot. Will have to make a subfolder if that's the case.

Edited by Kilrah

Hi folks,

Thanks for the update, just wanted to report that my dashboard tab is completely blank since installing RC2. Screenshot: 
    image.thumb.png.cf6b25b7962b02afca5e91095944052c.png

Please let me know if i should update the diag files. I've even tried in a private browsing window incase this was a caching issue.

Edited by Inch
    6 minutes ago, Inch said:

Hi folks,

Thanks for the update, just wanted to report that my dashboard tab is completely blank since installing RC2. Screenshot: 
    image.thumb.png.cf6b25b7962b02afca5e91095944052c.png

Please let me know if i should update the diag files. I've even tried in a private browsing window incase this was a caching issue.

Read the first post about incompatible plugins.

42 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Read the first post about incompatible plugins.

Thanks sorry for missing that. I've removed a bunch, espeically ones provided in the example, still the same. It'd be ideal if it had error checking, and showed which plugins were incompatible 

9 minutes ago, Inch said:

Thanks sorry for missing that. I've removed a bunch, espeically ones provided in the example, still the same. It'd be ideal if it had error checking, and showed which plugins were incompatible 

Which plugins do you have?

Just now, SimonF said:

Gpu stat, nut, ipmi corasirpsu plexstreams disklocations either need to be updated removed

Hey again,

I figured out what it was, even though i clicked "update" on NUT via the "Apps" section on the version you built, it didnt update properly. Had to uninstall and reinstall the version you built. 

• Like 1

Weirdly, this suddenly just started happening.

Getting an error saying not enough space when copying files from windows even though I've got 18TB of available space left.

Any ideas will really help. I've tried restarting the array, ran the tool to fix permissions, re-configure the shares, but still not working.

However, I am able to ftp in and transfer files over using the same use. So it's pointing to something in the smb configuration I am missing.

pandaserve-diagnostics-20230327-1449.zip

Edited by hydkrash
    2 hours ago, hydkrash said:

Getting an error saying not enough space when copying files from windows even though I've got 18TB of available space left.

Which share? Most of your shares are configured to cache=no, and you main storage is a pool.

16 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Which share? Most of your shares are configured to cache=no, and you main storage is a pool.

All my shares reside on my ZFS pool.

Do I need to manually set the shares in the SMB config like before?