• Unraid OS version 6.12.0-rc2 available

limetech

Please refer to the 6.12.0-rc1 topic for a general overview.

Version 6.12.0-rc2 2023-03-18

Bug fixes

• networking: fix nginx recognizing IP address from slow dhcp servers
    • VM Manager: let page load even when PCI devices appear missing or are misassigned
    • webgui: Dashboard fixes:
      • lock the Dashboard completely: Editing/moving only becomes possible when unlocking the page
      • An empty column is refilled when the respective tiles are made visible again, no need to reset everything
      • added a visual "move indicator" on the Docker and VM page, to make clearer that rows can be moved now.
      • change cursor shape when moving is enabled
      • use tile title as index
    • webgui: fix issue displaying Attributes when temperature display set to Fahrenheit
    • zfs: fixed issue importing ZFS pools with additional top-level sections besides the root section

ZFS Pools

• Add scheduled trimming of ZFS pools.
    • Replace Scrub button with Clear button when pool is in error state.

Base Distro

• php: version 8.2.4

Linux kernel

• version 6.1.20
    • CONFIG_X86_AMD_PSTATE: AMD Processor P-State driver

Misc

• save current PCI bus/device information in file '/boot/previous/hardware' upon Unraid OS upgrade.
    • Like 12
    • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

3 hours ago, mattalat said:

Searched through all the comments and couldn't find an answer - also I apologize if this is a dumb question. What does the autotrim feature do? How is it different from scheduling trim?

Instead of garbage collection happening on a schedule, e.g. once a day, it happens as soon as possible.

10 hours ago, dalben said:

I thought the same but then looking at the logs realised that after loading RC2 rendered my docker.img as a read only volume.  btrfs complained of corrupt super block.  Not sure if RC2 related or a coincidence.

Now in the process of rebuilding my docker image.

Edit:  Looks like my entire cache pool/drive is read only and also getting read errors.  Was working before.  Reboot hasn't helped.   Need to dig in and see what's happening.

Diags attached if anyone wants to dig in deeper.

tdm-diagnostics-20230320-0601.zip

Checked this myself, but here all is RW and when it works, it updates just fine.

13 hours ago, dalben said:

Edit:  Looks like my entire cache pool/drive is read only and also getting read errors.  Was working before.  Reboot hasn't helped.   Need to dig in and see what's happening.

Newer kernel might be detecting previously undetected corruption, you can try downgrading and if it mounts normally backup and re-format.

9 hours ago, mattalat said:

Searched through all the comments and couldn't find an answer - also I apologize if this is a dumb question. What does the autotrim feature do? How is it different from scheduling trim?

Also note that you can have both enable, and from what I've read a scheduled full trim is still recommended with zfs with autotrim enabled, also autotrim should be disabled if it noticeably impacts performance, that can sometimes happen with slower SATA devices, should not be a problem with most NVMe devices.

One question will ZFS Snap shots be added as a plugin or will it be part of the OS? Or is that even something that will get supported? I'm looking forward to seeing this work as similar to TrueNAS as possible. I really like how my old FreeNAS days the Snaps shots on Shares worked with windows and looked liked Shadow Copies. It was one reason why I was able to actually use a old FreeNAS box as a Network share for one of the offices now days I might not ever do that again in production. But I would like something simple to use at home.

25 minutes ago, Bizquick said:

One question will ZFS Snap shots be added as a plugin or will it be part of the OS? Or is that even something that will get supported? I'm looking forward to seeing this work as similar to TrueNAS as possible. I really like how my old FreeNAS days the Snaps shots on Shares worked with windows and looked liked Shadow Copies. It was one reason why I was able to actually use an old FreeNAS box as a Network share for one of the offices now days I might not ever do that again in production. But I would like something simple to use at home.

ZnapZend plug-in lets you schedule snapshots. The OG zfs plug-in page has all the information on setup and use. Note that it doesn’t actually startup properly on 6.12 so I had to add a user script to start it at array start. Works great, I’m taking snapshots this way. ZFS master is also a must have for the integration, adds a lot of gui stuff still missing in unraid. It will also show you the snapshots made. 

This is new:
    I know that default column number for desktop browsers is 3, but I've edited my interface while viewing the dashboard from mobile, and now only 2 columns are available.
    personally I like it and it should stay the same across mobile/desktop but probably this is a bug or a feature request of sorts... How to add the 3rd column if someone doesn't like the 2 column view mode?

image.thumb.png.bcf3dd33c7781b6a380087dba4861876.png

The number of columns is automatically adjusted depending on the screen resolution, or in case of mobile devices the viewport. It may vary between 1 and 3 columns.

10 minutes ago, bonienl said:

The number of columns is automatically adjusted depending on the screen resolution, or in case of mobile devices the viewport. It may vary between 1 and 3 columns.

Screen resolution is FHD for desktop, 1920x1080.
    It simply does not revert to 3 columns, that's why I mentioned I edited first via mobile, wich is still FHD resolution but portrait orientation?
    I can asure you there is no 3rd column automatically added to the dashboard while viewing it on said resolutions via any desktop browser.

Opened the page via Edge (wich I never used before... still 2 columns)
    Removed all cookies in Chrome and Edge, still 2 columns.

WTH, I remember zooming in and out and no 3rd column... It does now, please excuse me for the above.

Edited by Mihai Olimpiu

I can assure you that a third column is added when space permits.

This is the WHITE theme in 1920x1080

image.png

This is the AZURE theme in 1920x1080

image.png

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    1 hour ago, Mihai Olimpiu said:

This is new:

It looks like you are using a theming plugin, your screenshots are not native GUI display.

Remove the plugin.

• Thanks 1
    38 minutes ago, bonienl said:

It looks like you are using a theming plugin, your screenshots are not native GUI display.

Remove the plugin.

Removed Everything, rebooted, found the issue, quite simple to replicate actually:
    Remove everything from the 3rd column... Voila 2 columns with default engine.
    Only way to get the 3rd back is to remove the cookies.
    Extreme zoom out used to show no 3rd column is added if column is removed.
    It is so easy for me to encounter this bug as my laptop is actually 16:10 so 1920x1200 so at 100% zoom I see 2 columns by default, to be able to see 3 I need to go to at least 80% Zoom in my browsers.
    I mentioned this as I noticed your screen is a standard 16:9 FHD, however it works as described on my other laptop with 16:9 it's just not as easy, as it simply "works" in 3 column mode by default.

P.S.: For the above reasons, I actually like the 2 column mode, but others might want a way to get back... It's a simple annoyance, to be honest.

image.thumb.png.07ec1857b38d72fa5258a45e4c28d390.png 

image.thumb.png.415cf7734c8ab43beec7b641ac2d8117.png

Edited by Mihai Olimpiu
    Added 2 default themes screenshots for exemplification.
    3 hours ago, Mihai Olimpiu said:

Remove everything from the 3rd column... Voila 2 columns with default engine.
    Only way to get the 3rd back is to remove the cookies.

This is expected behavior, when all elements of a column are "removed" then the column is not shown.

You can open the Management console (wrench icon) and select which elements to show or hide.

The console lets you also reset everything to default.

• Upvote 1
    53 minutes ago, bonienl said:

This is expected behavior, when all elements of a column are "removed" then the column is not shown.

You can open the Management console (wrench icon) and select which elements to show or hide.

The console lets you also reset everything to default.

But even if all selected, there are only two columns.

On 3/19/2023 at 10:08 AM, idmanager said:

Just updated and got a blank dashboard the header at the top and buttons are there but nothing else ? 

See the pinned comment in this tread

hey all, by default, there is only on & off option under the GUI setting, is LZ4 the default; is there a way to change the compression?

wing

Edited by winglam

it's zstd, mentioned in release notes.

You can change it via command line for now, believe it was mentioned a GUI choice would be added later.

Edited by Kilrah
    • Like 1
    30 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

it's zstd, mentioned in release notes.

You can change it via command line for now, believe it was mentioned a GUI choice would be added later.

Thank you!!!! Does 6.12.0 rc2 support dataset through command line?

Edited by winglam
    1 hour ago, winglam said:

Thank you!!!! Does 6.12.0 rc2 support dataset through command line?

yes, you can alway use command line

Hello,

in my aged supermicro X8 SIL-F the onboard network cards are not working (Intel NIC 82574L). Downgraded to 6.11.5 and working.

Regards

Andreas

8 hours ago, trott said:

where can I find the setting for "scheduled trimming of ZFS pools."

Settings->Scheduler 

22 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Settings->Scheduler 

I only has this one,  so it is working on ZFS pools now?image.thumb.png.6d097f5b313dfa976ce51c966ae4e678.png

image.thumb.png.6d097f5b313dfa976ce51c966ae4e678.png

New Notification Features: Unexpected Behavior

Love the new notification features, history and all. :) However I would like to request that when a browser notification is closed via the little X (like the old system) that it be considered "acknowledged" and thus marked as read. Right now, when I close one the little bell icon stays lit up. I can make it go black again by opening menu and selecting Acknowledge even though I have already interacted with the notification. Did I describe that right?

Edited by interwebtech