• Unraid OS version 6.12.0-rc2 available

limetech

Please refer to the 6.12.0-rc1 topic for a general overview.

Version 6.12.0-rc2 2023-03-18

Bug fixes

• networking: fix nginx recognizing IP address from slow dhcp servers
    • VM Manager: let page load even when PCI devices appear missing or are misassigned
    • webgui: Dashboard fixes:
      • lock the Dashboard completely: Editing/moving only becomes possible when unlocking the page
      • An empty column is refilled when the respective tiles are made visible again, no need to reset everything
      • added a visual "move indicator" on the Docker and VM page, to make clearer that rows can be moved now.
      • change cursor shape when moving is enabled
      • use tile title as index
    • webgui: fix issue displaying Attributes when temperature display set to Fahrenheit
    • zfs: fixed issue importing ZFS pools with additional top-level sections besides the root section

ZFS Pools

• Add scheduled trimming of ZFS pools.
    • Replace Scrub button with Clear button when pool is in error state.

Base Distro

• php: version 8.2.4

Linux kernel

• version 6.1.20
    • CONFIG_X86_AMD_PSTATE: AMD Processor P-State driver

Misc

• save current PCI bus/device information in file '/boot/previous/hardware' upon Unraid OS upgrade.
    • Like 12
    • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:
    1 hour ago, BOGu said:

After updating my unraid system to 6.12.0-rc2, the hard drive cannot sleep.

Did you do a new config after updating to rc2? There's currently a known issue affecting spin down after doing that.

@BOGuyou reported the post instead of replying, but since you confirmed that a new config was made the solution for now it to go back to v6.11.5, check if spin down starts working again, if yes you can upgrade back to v6.12-rc and spin down will continue to work (as long as you don't do a another new config), one user reported that he had to do another new config with v6.11.5 first to get spin down working, then he could update to v6.12.

25 minutes ago, Bizquick said:

Any chance we might get another RC release before 6.12 stable?

Or are they waiting to get more bugs?

There will be another one 

• Like 2
    10 minutes ago, -Daedalus said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there will be more than one. 😋

O/U 1.5. Place your bets!

i converted one of my cache pools to ZFS Encrypted, and on reboot it could not mount the pool, however doing "zpool import" lists it as importable, and i am able to import it and browse it. i attempted to do New Config (perserve assignments) and that did not work. sometimes my array disks (XFS Encrypted) show unmountable as well

firefox_OrTz1uPimc.png

unraid-diagnostics-20230330-1405.zip

firefox_5lvfvC5yUa.png

Edited by nthlevel
    wrong screenshot
    9 hours ago, nthlevel said:

sometimes my array disks (XFS Encrypted) show unmountable as well

There's a known issue about that following a new config, it should be fixed for rc3, for the other issue please create a new bug report and post the diagnostics after a failed import attempt.

49 minutes ago, winglam said:

here is the report in

Those are after rebooting, so not much to see, if it happens again download new ones before rebooting.

Ill file a bug report if this is indeed a bug but the unraid-api is using 100% of 1-2 entire CPU cores constantly. It is always using 100% of a specific core + 1 or 2 random others...expected?

7955 root      20   0   14.4g   3.7g  50432 R 310.2   1.5   3485:00 unraid-api   - 3 cores here?! 

Edit: I placed a bug report as Im also seeing errors with "My Servers", maybe related                                                            

Edited by Jclendineng
    57 minutes ago, Jclendineng said:

unraid-api

57 minutes ago, Jclendineng said:

Edit: I placed a bug report as Im also seeing errors with "My Servers", maybe related

unraid-api is "My Servers"

7 hours ago, JorgeB said:

There's a known issue about that following a new config, it should be fixed for rc3, for the other issue please create a new bug report and post the diagnostics after a failed import attempt.

looks like ZFS Encryption isn't working on RC2, known issue:

4 minutes ago, nthlevel said:

looks like ZFS Encryption isn't working on RC2, known issue:

It is a known issue, just wanted to be sure it was the same issue.

7 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Those are after rebooting, so not much to see, if it happens again download new ones before rebooting.

my bad, i will keep that in mind. Thanks Jorge!

• Like 1

Hi, I really like the possibility to use ZFS and really exited 🙂

just build a new server and currently testing the hardware and unraid rc2

But I've some question, is it possible to add an actual zfs cache (l2arc) or log to a pool in the gui? or is just via console, don't mind using the shell, though.

It just really annoying to see unassigned devices, even though they are in use as cache or log

and if I create a normal array, and format this as zfs, what kind of pool is created? and what happens if I add other disks and parity drives and format them as zfs? what happens to the assigned zfs cache? or is every defined zfs cache only for one disk inside the array

kinda confusing atm

Edited by chiwou
    10 hours ago, chiwou said:

and if I create a normal array, and format this as zfs, what kind of pool is created? and what happens if I add other disks and parity drives and format them as zfs?

When used in array, every drive is an independent drive formatted with the filesystem of your choice (xfs, btrfs or zfs). You can mix different filesystems too. When you add drives, you can choose to format them as any of those a available filesystems. It works exactly like arrays in 6.11.5 with the addition of zfs being available as filesystem for individual drives

Multiple drive zfs pools can be used as unraid pools and can be used as caches for shares in array just like what you can do with btrfs pools in 6.11.5

Edited by apandey
    Fixed typo
    • Thanks 1
    6 hours ago, chiwou said:

But I've some question, is it possible to add an actual zfs cache (l2arc) or log to a pool in the gui? or is just via console, don't mind using the shell, though.

It just really annoying to see unassigned devices, even though they are in use as cache or log

For now you can only add them using the CLI, then re-import the pool.

• Thanks 1

I am using Unraid in my home server for a while. I think at least for 5 years, I don't realy remember how long :P, but I started with the Basic licence.

It has been a awesome experience, specialy the support on this forum and the existing documentation.

For the good experience and because I added more disks, I recently purchase the Pro licence. 

Thank you for bring us this release with ZFS pools suport. Despite this is a RC release, the performance with ZFS pools is great!

when will you release support for ZFS snapshots?

On 3/30/2023 at 4:42 AM, hot22shot said:

You have to pass amd_pstate=passive at boot to enable it. Just tested it myself.

Thank you, this worked for me, now I see the driver being used (I have a 5900x) by running the cpufreq-info command and I saw drops in temps right away.

analyzing CPU 22:
      driver: amd-pstate
      CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 22
      CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 22
      maximum transition latency: 20.0 us.
      hardware limits: 550 MHz - 4.95 GHz
      available cpufreq governors: conservative, ondemand, userspace, powersave, performance, schedutil
      current policy: frequency should be within 550 MHz and 4.95 GHz.
                      The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use
                      within this range.
      current CPU frequency is 550 MHz.

• Thanks 1

I currently don't have a 3rd server to use as a test box. So my backup box is my test box. I'm wondering like if we are going to see any Gui tools for like Scheduling snap shots or Scrub?
    Also one more odd thing I can't seam to figure out. if I delete Snap shots I'm wondering they I still see the count here? the totals don't seams to match up.

image.thumb.png.f0e44e1cbbf4e4d3a0d2da402e7b49f2.png

I hit an interesting bug, I've not had a chance to re-test it but it should be easy to repro.

1) Create a ZFS volume
    2) Create a share for it. Set the share to Cache: Only.
    3) Rename the ZFS volume (Done in the disk manager)

The share is now broken. You can still read from it just fine, but it will report 0 bytes free and new files can't be copied to it.

The workaround is easy; just edit the share and re-assign the zfs volume to it, but Unraid's UI should probably handle this automatically.