• Unraid OS version 6.6.0-rc3 available

limetech
    • Closed

Please open a new report for each issue/bug you find unique to this version.

Bug fixes and improvements.

Release notes:

Version 6.6.0-rc3 2018-09-13

Base distro:

• curl: version 7.61.1 (CVE-2018-14618)
    • kernel-firmware: version 20180904_85c5d90
    • libX11: version 1.6.6 (CVE-2018-14598, CVE-2018-14599, CVE-2018-14600)
    • mozilla-firefox: version 62.0 (CVE-2018-12377, CVE-2018-12378, CVE-2018-12379, CVE-2018-16541, CVE-2018-12381, CVE-2018-12382, CVE-2018-12383, CVE-2018-12375, CVE-2018-12376)
    • samba: version 4.8.5
    • talloc: version 2.1.14
    • tdb: version 1.3.16
    • tevent: version 0.9.37
    • ttyd: version 1.4.0 (rev 3) remove auth_token.js reference

Linux kernel:

• version 4.18.7
      • md/unraid: version 2.9.4 fix Warning with stack trace when array autostart set to No

Management:

• Install Trial key directly and skip email collection step
    • update license.txt and syslinux menus to reflect unRAID OS -> Unraid OS
    • update smartmontools drivedb and hwdata/{pci.ids,usb.ids,oui.txt,manuf.txt}
    • webgui: Added "ignore" text to BTRFS profiles warning
    • webgui: CPU Isolation: Prevent PHP error if no CPUs isolated
    • webgui: Updated parity help text and simplified cron entries
    • webgui: include syslinux folder in flash backup
    • webgui: SMART controller update
      • changed Areca to SAS format
      • added HP cciss
      • fixed global controller selection
    • webgui: Disable PCIe ACS override and VFIO allow unsafe interrupt settings in SAFE mode
    • webgui: CPU pinning: hanlde dots in VM names
    • webgui: VM edit: fixed deletion of vdisks
    • webgui: VM settings: css corrections
    • webgui: Other miscellaneous fixes and updates
    • webgui: Docker: fixed templates not saving
    • webgui: Dashboard: fixed incorrect username references
    • Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

update license.txt and syslinux menus to reflect unRAID OS -> Unraid OS

Ooh, so beginning now no more unRAID, it should be Unraid?

It will take some take getting used to that after 10 years the other way, but I guess you won't mind either way for now. 😊

• Upvote 1
    27 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Waiting for that promised proper Login page so that a Password Manager can be used...

Promised?

7 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Promised?

It seems like it was from this post in the thread that request a Proper Login Box that would work with Password Managers...

• Upvote 2

Update from RC2 to RC3 on Threadripper.

No issues.

A few more updates to possbily sneak in before Unraid 6.6 final?

GCC 8.2 has replaced 8.1 series.

OpenSSL 1.1.1 (New LTS branch)

Nano 3.0

Samba 4.9.0 

PHP 7.2.10

OpenSSH 7.8 

I imagine the other applications would be updated in point releases, since this release already has a massive GUI change.

Awesome work again dev team and community for plugins that are already compatible! 

3 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

It seems like it was from this post in the thread that request a Proper Login Box that would work with Password Managers...

I was really hoping this was coming sooner rather than later, I would like to be able to use a much more complex password, but I'm hesitant to do that without password manager support, especially on mobile.

7 minutes ago, mostlydave said:

I was really hoping this was coming sooner rather than later,

With respect, this is the wrong place to talk about this.  Trust me, we want to improve authentication asap but it's very important (obviously) to get it exactly right.

Please use this board only to report bugs/issues in the prerelease.

• Upvote 1

I was really hoping this was coming sooner rather than later, I would like to be able to use a much more complex password, but I'm hesitant to do that without password manager support, especially on mobile.

To be honest, the basic auth can also be done through a script and/or a browser plugin. Even if you need to copy-paste with LastPass it will still allow you to do this. Respectfully, I agree that pressing for a feature does not belong in a bug report thread.

Edited by AlexSwensen
    Fixed grammar for clarity.

Manual update from RC2 worked without any problems so far. But same issue as before, RC3 didn't showed up in the update section. I only see the status as "unknown". Can't figure it out where my issues are. AWS download servers are reachable within the browser. Nothing gets blocked from my PFsense box. I appreciate any advice.

Edited by bastl
    9 minutes ago, bastl said:

Manual update vom RC2 worked without any problems so far. But same issue as before, RC3 didnn't showed up in the update section. I only see the status as "unknown". Can't figure it out where my issues are. AWS download servers are reachable within the browser. Nothing gets blocked from my PFsense box. I appreciate any advice.

To verify Internet connectivity a test is done to open "http://www.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt"

Check if this test is not blocked on your firewall and the name can resolve.

Note: this test was introduced in rc1 instead of a 'ping' test, and is the same test Windows 10 performs to check Internet status.

Edited by bonienl
    • Upvote 1

As you said @bonienl it first happened with the RC1 build. The domain "msftncsi.com" i have in an alias list in PFsense since 2017 for blocking Microsofts telemetry stuff. No issues with updating any Windows PC so far in that time by blocking that domain. Windows never showed any connection issues.

I had to remove the domain from the list and also "msftncsi.com.edgesuite.net" for the update check to work. Currently the domains resolve to "a1961.g2.akamai.net" which aren't filtered by my alias list. But i have a couple more "*.akamai.net" domains in there. Let's hope the name resolving doesn't change. Thanks for the hint ;) 

I've just joined the 6.6rc family and loving it so far as things feel zippier (except for the docker page) and the cpu pinning page's visual representation has already helped me fix a VM CPU allocation error that must have been there for ages.

I have a question about the CPU Isolation help paragraph:

CPU isolation allows the user to specify CPU cores that are to be explicitly reserved for assignment (to VMs or Docker containers).

Can I check the VMs or Docker containers section is correct please as I asked this previously and was told that if you isolate CPUs then those CPUs wouldn't be available for dockers.  I'm confident the RC version is correct; I'm just double-checking

If correct, this is brilliant as I can keep non-priority dockers away from VMs and let priority ones like Plex have access to all cores if needed

6 hours ago, DZMM said:

Docker containers section is correct please as I asked this previously and was told that if you isolate CPUs then those CPUs wouldn't be available for dockers.

The GUI will allow you to assign multiple isolated cores to a container.  The theory is that you should know exactly what you are doing should you do this.  

On the CPU pinning page in Settings, its easy to bounce back and forth to see if there is a conflict.  Fix Common Problems however will also look for a conflict between isolated cores and multiple core pinning to docker containers and issue a warning.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

The GUI will allow you to assign multiple isolated cores to a container.  The theory is that you should know exactly what you are doing should you do this.  

On the CPU pinning page in Settings, its easy to bounce back and forth to see if there is a conflict.  Fix Common Problems however will also look for a conflict between isolated cores and multiple core pinning to docker containers and issue a warning.

Wouldn't it be easier to have the right information in the help details, or to not allow users to try and apply settings that won't work?  We're not talking about making changes via command line where yes, you should know what you are doing before attempting, but via a GUI.

This is a very complex subject which will take some thought to determine settings that "won't work".  Also this is beyond the scope of this topic.