• Unraid OS version 6.6.0-rc4 available

limetech

Please open a new report for each issue/bug you find unique to this version.

Version 6.6.0-rc4 2018-09-16

Linux kernel:

• version 4.18.8

Management:

• webgui: System devices: fixed display of ACS override warning message
    • webgui: Correction in custom parity schedule
    • webgui: VM edit corrections
      • create image when new vdisk is added
      • keep sound card selection included
      • fix add/remove of network interfaces
    • webgui: CPU pinning: preserve "emulatorpin" entry
    • Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

is this CIFS error a thing I need to worry about? updated this machine from 6.5.3

Sep 17 06:17:43 Backup kernel: CIFS VFS: error -95 on ioctl to get interface list
    Sep 17 06:17:43 Backup unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,,vers=3.0,username=movies,password=******* '//brahms1/Video' '/mnt/disks/brahms1_Video'
    Sep 17 06:17:43 Backup unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '//brahms1/Video' on '/mnt/disks/brahms1_Video'.
    Sep 17 06:17:43 Backup unassigned.devices: Defining share 'brahms1_Video' with file '/etc/samba/unassigned-shares/brahms1_Video.conf'
    Sep 17 06:17:43 Backup unassigned.devices: Reloading Samba configuration...
    Sep 17 06:17:43 Backup unassigned.devices: Directory '/mnt/disks/brahms1_Video' shared successfully.
    Sep 17 06:17:43 Backup unassigned.devices: Device '//brahms1/Video' script file not found.  'ADD' script not executed.
    Sep 17 06:17:43 Backup unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//brahms1/Music' using SMB3 protocol.
    Sep 17 06:17:53 Backup kernel: CIFS VFS: error -95 on ioctl to get interface list
    Sep 17 06:17:53 Backup unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,,vers=3.0,username=movies,password=******* '//brahms1/Music' '/mnt/disks/brahms1_Music'
    Sep 17 06:17:53 Backup unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '//brahms1/Music' on '/mnt/disks/brahms1_Music'.

2 hours ago, 1812 said:

is this CIFS error a thing I need to worry about? updated this machine from 6.5.3

That error comes from the UD plugin.

1 minute ago, dlandon said:

That error comes from the UD plugin.

I have the same error message, but no UD installed.

This message was also present in RC3, and haven't experienced any negative impact.

39 minutes ago, bonienl said:

I have the same error message, but no UD installed.

This message was also present in RC3, and haven't experienced any negative impact.

Ok.  Sure looked like a UD thing to me.

Sorry if you already addressed this, also please correct me if wrong all this is a hunch of my issue with the beta.

There's a command that keeps running on my server for docker stats.  I believe this is to provide the new feature "webgui: docker: added cpu load and memory load display".  Would it be possible to give an option to disable the command from running?  On my system, it seems to run all the time whether I'm on the docker webui advanced view or not.  Or maybe turn on the command once the advance view switch is enabled.  It doesn't seem to supply any historical data, only real time data, so I believe running it only when needed would be better.

The command puts a good amount of cpu load on my system every so often, 

"docker stats --no-stream --format={{.Container}} {{.CPUPerc}} {{.MemPerc}}.  "

Thanks for the help

• Like 1

Upgraded from rc3.  Update went smooth.

Noticed I can see my system and motherboard temps on my Ryzen board now.  Using plugin Dynamix System Temperature.  Been waiting for this.  Thank you UNRAID!

Joey

image.png.4e6ef8e2bf17f2bd124b2809dfbf4ac8.png

20 hours ago, 1812 said:

I did a little research on this and it appears it to be from the samba protocols being used by clients.  I have enabled SMB1 on my Wndows 10 machines so I can browse to Unraid.  I don't see these errors.  Maybe this is from clients on the network using SMB3, which is the default on Windows 10 now.

I don't think it is anything to be concerned with.

10 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Well that's you off the hook @dlandon  Dodged the bullet there! :D

I kind of assumed it was UD because it was right in the middle of UD logging.  Yes, I dodged that one.

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

I did a little research on this and it appears it to be from the samba protocols being used by clients.  I have enabled SMB1 on my Wndows 10 machines so I can browse to Unraid.  I don't see these errors.  Maybe this is from clients on the network using SMB3, which is the default on Windows 10 now.

I don't think it is anything to be concerned with

thanks for the feedback. I don't have any windows machines on my network. only 1 linux mint and the rest are macOS. so maybe from one of those...

1 minute ago, limetech said:

What's the "AMD reboot bug"?

I think he's talkiung about the problem with rebooting VMs with certain AMD GPUs. They get stuck and you have to reboot the host to get back into the VM.

2 minutes ago, david279 said:

I think he's talkiung about the problem with rebooting VMs with certain AMD GPUs. They get stuck and you have to reboot the host to get back into the VM.

Which Bug Report does this refer to?

2 hours ago, J89eu said:

it's been fairly well discussed on the forum

Since nobody who works for limetech commented on that thread, it is very likely they never saw it. Unlike me they have better things to do than read everything on the forum.😁

• Upvote 2
    • webgui: CPU pinning: preserve "emulatorpin" entry

I can't seem to find this option. I am looking under Settings -> CPU Pinning.

Capture.PNG

16 minutes ago, jserio said:

I can't seem to find this option. I am looking under Settings -> CPU Pinning.

Unless I'm mistaken, (could very well be)

16 minutes ago, jserio said:

webgui: CPU pinning: preserve "emulatorpin" entry

Means that when changing the CPU pinning on the VM, if the VM has an emulator pin entry in the XML, then it will be preserved.

15 minutes ago, Squid said:

Unless I'm mistaken, (could very well be)

Means that when changing the CPU pinning on the VM, if the VM has an emulator pin entry in the XML, then it will be preserved.

It does:

I needed to change some network settings, so I turned off the vm manager. 

Once I enabled it again, the vm page showed an error 'libvrt service failed to start'. 

Reboot however did fix this. 

Edited by marshy919