• Unraid OS version 6.7.0-rc3 available

limetech

More bug fixes.  More refinements to webGUI, especially check out latest Community Apps plugin!

Other highlights:

• Parity sync/Data rebuild/Check pause/resume capability.  Main components in place.  Pause/resume not preserved across system restarts yet however.
    • Enhanced syslog capability.  Check out Settings/Nework Services/Syslog Server.

Special thanks once again to @bonienl and @Mex.

Version 6.7.0-rc3 2019-02-09

Base distro:

• jq: version 1.6
    • oniguruma: version 5.9.6_p1
    • php: version 7.2.14

Linux kernel:

• version: 4.19.20
    • md/unraid: version 2.9.6 (support sync pause/resume)
    • patch: PCI: Quirk Silicon Motion SM2262/SM2263 NVMe controller reset: device 0x126f/0x2263

Management:

• emhttp: use mkfs.btrfs defaults for metadata and SSD support
    • emhttp: properly dismiss "Restarting services" message
    • firmware:
    • added BCM20702A0-0a5c-21e8.hcd
    • added BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e8.hcd
    • vfio-pci script: bug fixes
    • webgui: telegram notification agent bug fixes
    • webgui: VM page: allow long VM names
    • webgui: Dashboard: create more space for Dokcer/VM names (3 columns)
    • webgui: Dashboard: include links to settings
    • webgui: Dashboard: fix color consistency
    • webgui: Syslinux config: replace checkbox with radio button
    • webgui: Docker page: single column for CPU/Memory load
    • webgui: Docker: usage memory usage in advanced view
    • webgui: Dashboard: fixed wrong display of memory size
    • webgui: Dashboard: fix incorrect memory type
    • webgui: Plugin manager: align icon size with rest of the GUI
    • webgui: Plugin manager: enlarge readmore height
    • webgui: Plugin manager: add .png option to Icon tag
    • webgui: Plugin manager: table style update
    • webgui: Added syslog server functionality
    • webgui: syslog icon update
    • webgui: Main: make disk identification mono-spaced font
    • webgui: Added parity pause/resume button
    • webgui: Permit configuration of parity device(s) spinup group.
    • Like 6
    • Upvote 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

27 minutes ago, ZataH said:

Why was it scraped all the sudden? The monochrome is really bad imo 

+1

Edited by Frank1940
    37 minutes ago, ZataH said:

Why was it scraped all the sudden? The monochrome is really bad imo 

You can blame me: I don't want to now and forever support two different icon styles for every single icon current and future.  Sorry some people don't like the new icons but some people didn't like the old icons either.  Also, since @Mex created these from scratch for us, and has given permission for us to use, there is no question about whether we have permission to use ;)

2 minutes ago, limetech said:

You can blame me: I don't want to now and forever support two different icon styles for every single icon current and future.  Sorry some people don't like the new icons but some people didn't like the old icons either.  Also, since @Mex created these from scratch for us, and has given permission for us to use, there is no question about whether we have permission to use ;)

I can understand you dont want to support several styles, but it would be nice to either include the community when such big changes are being made, or at least give people a choice. 

Seem like some really bad design choices are being made recently. First it was the way too large font that was forced, and now these (sorry) extremely annoying and boring icons. 

Colored icons is not only easier to look at, but gives much more life to the system and way easier to locate. 

26 minutes ago, ZataH said:

I can understand you dont want to support several styles, but it would be nice to either include the community when such big changes are being made, or at least give people a choice. 

Seem like some really bad design choices are being made recently. First it was the way too large font that was forced, and now these (sorry) extremely annoying and boring icons. 

Colored icons is not only easier to look at, but gives much more life to the system and way easier to locate. 

I love the new design. HATE the old win95 icons and colors.

I think what we need to do is create a thread in the requests section asking nicely for support for people to theme the system themselves.

32 minutes ago, ZataH said:

First it was the way too large font that was forced

Unless I'm missing something, you can adjust the font size for the UI in Display Settings

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Unless I'm missing something, you can adjust the font size for the UI in Display Settings

You can now, but you couldnt when it first was forced. The message was some people want larger font, deal with it. 

A choice was later introduced 

1 hour ago, limetech said:

The older color icons should have been public domain, but some may not have been.  LT is smart in developing their own and using them with granted permission.  This is a lot cleaner from a legal standpoint.  Imagine a forced redesign because of some lawyer trying to get royalties for an ownership claim on an icon, plus legal costs.

All of you complaining about the design choices need to remember this is a nas with some awesome additional features.  It is not mission critical.  You manage your storage, VMs, Dockers etc.  The color of the icons doesn’t make or break it.

If you have an idea for a better look, make the suggestion to LT and then accept their decision.

• Like 2
    On 2/11/2019 at 9:50 PM, ccsnet said:

Not sure if this is any help but a positive from my point of view is that Docker to USB hard drive transfers seem quicker now in Krusader. I've yet to test again in Duplicati which was also giving me speed issues to USB but I can not do that until all my data is re added from my external drive.

Thanks

Terran

So I logged in a couple of times last night to check on progress of a big copy using Krusader and the system felt a little sluggish - on the final log in I got the 504 gateway time out issue. 

As a result I have managed to grab my diags and attach them here for review.

powerdown did not work either so I ended up hard rebooting.

Thanks

Terran

tbmaindoma-diagnostics-20190214-1853.zip

3 minutes ago, ccsnet said:

Thanks

Terran

Unrelated to your issue, but disks3 had some media errors, you should run an extended SMART test.

2 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Unrelated to your issue, but disks3 had some media errors, you should run an extended SMART test.

Hi - I'm aware of that one and in the process of replacing - thanks

T

I also want to give some positive feedback of the new icons and dashboard. I really like it, and to me it looks far more professional. In my opinion Limetech's choice is  the right way!  

This is now closed for further comments

• Status Definitions

Open = Under consideration.

Solved = The issue has been resolved.

Solved version = The issue has been resolved in the indicated release version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion. Also for reports we cannot reproduce or need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.

Retest = Please retest in latest release.

Priority Definitions

Minor = Something not working correctly.

Urgent = Server crash, data loss, or other showstopper.

Annoyance = Doesn't affect functionality but should be fixed.

Other = Announcement or other non-issue.