• Unraid OS version 6.7.0-rc3 available

limetech

More bug fixes.  More refinements to webGUI, especially check out latest Community Apps plugin!

Other highlights:

• Parity sync/Data rebuild/Check pause/resume capability.  Main components in place.  Pause/resume not preserved across system restarts yet however.
    • Enhanced syslog capability.  Check out Settings/Nework Services/Syslog Server.

Special thanks once again to @bonienl and @Mex.

Version 6.7.0-rc3 2019-02-09

Base distro:

• jq: version 1.6
    • oniguruma: version 5.9.6_p1
    • php: version 7.2.14

Linux kernel:

• version: 4.19.20
    • md/unraid: version 2.9.6 (support sync pause/resume)
    • patch: PCI: Quirk Silicon Motion SM2262/SM2263 NVMe controller reset: device 0x126f/0x2263

Management:

• emhttp: use mkfs.btrfs defaults for metadata and SSD support
    • emhttp: properly dismiss "Restarting services" message
    • firmware:
    • added BCM20702A0-0a5c-21e8.hcd
    • added BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e8.hcd
    • vfio-pci script: bug fixes
    • webgui: telegram notification agent bug fixes
    • webgui: VM page: allow long VM names
    • webgui: Dashboard: create more space for Dokcer/VM names (3 columns)
    • webgui: Dashboard: include links to settings
    • webgui: Dashboard: fix color consistency
    • webgui: Syslinux config: replace checkbox with radio button
    • webgui: Docker page: single column for CPU/Memory load
    • webgui: Docker: usage memory usage in advanced view
    • webgui: Dashboard: fixed wrong display of memory size
    • webgui: Dashboard: fix incorrect memory type
    • webgui: Plugin manager: align icon size with rest of the GUI
    • webgui: Plugin manager: enlarge readmore height
    • webgui: Plugin manager: add .png option to Icon tag
    • webgui: Plugin manager: table style update
    • webgui: Added syslog server functionality
    • webgui: syslog icon update
    • webgui: Main: make disk identification mono-spaced font
    • webgui: Added parity pause/resume button
    • webgui: Permit configuration of parity device(s) spinup group.
    • Like 6
    • Upvote 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

13 minutes ago, limetech said:

Sorry for coming on a little strong.

No worries at all!

Maybe just something to keep in mind in the future - not everyone is instantly in love with the latest design trends. I'd assume all the old, colorful icons still exist, maybe ship them (or host them somewhere) and allow for skinning options. The icons are certainly not a show stopper, even though I don't like them.

I've got your attention, I'll consider this a seed planted, maybe this will have a small impact on the next GUI update. Maybe not...

I've never been anything but pleased with Unraid, the upgrade process and the support. The only issues I've ever had with it have been of my own doing. (It's not your fault I deleted 11TB of data before I realized I'd screwed up :/ )

7 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Is this a coming feature (6.7.0-rc4)

^^this

Edited by bonienl
    7 hours ago, dlandon said:

How do plugins handle this?

If plugins keep the original <plugin-name>.png icon file in the folder '/images' or the 'root' folder of the plugin then this icon is automatically selected in "legacy" mode.

In other words if the plugin author did not delete the original .png icon file, it should work without modifying the plugin.

E.g. your "Unassigned Devices" plugin will have the icon "unassigned.devices.png" displayed in legacy mode.

Edited by bonienl
    25 minutes ago, bonienl said:

E.g. your "Unassigned Devices" plugin will have the icon "unassigned.devices.png" displayed in legacy mode.

For the installed plugins page yes, but the .page icon will still be set to fa in this case.

Menu="Utilities"
    Title="Unassigned Devices"
    Icon="unlock-alt"
    ---

Do we need to have a different entry for the new (fa) Icon?

In "modern" mode it will select the Icon setting (unlock-alt), while in "legacy" mode it will select the associated .png file (unassigned.devices).

No need to change anything in your plugin

Edited by bonienl
    1 minute ago, bonienl said:

In "modern" mode it will select the Icon setting (unlock-alt), while in "legacy" mode it will select the associated .png file (unassigned.devices).

No need to change anything in your plugin

Ok.  That will work.

Modern mode (settings)

Legacy mode (settings)

Modern mode (plugins)

Legacy mode (plugins)

Edited by bonienl

Anyone else have issues when changing share security from read-only to read write the webui becomes unresponsive? I have to change tabs to VM or Dashboard to get response again and it never changes the access on the share.

Edited by phbigred
    9 minutes ago, phbigred said:

Anyone else have issues when changing share security from read-only to read write the webui becomes unresponsive? I have to change tabs to VM or Dashboard to get response again and it never changes the access on the share.

Not an issue here with my setup.  Please describe in greater detail what you experiencing.   What Protocol --SMB, NFS, etc.?  Are you talking about 'User access' or  'Security settings'?  ('User access' is the only one on my system that "read" vs "read-write" option.)

1268666509_Screenshot_20190213-0911032.thumb.png.46fdba8bd28ff0263b6958852444750b.png

24 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Not an issue here with my setup.  Please describe in greater detail what you experiencing.   What Protocol --SMB, NFS, etc.?  Are you talking about 'User access' or  'Security settings'?  ('User access' is the only one on my system that "read" vs "read-write" option.)

SMB user access. It's not tied to one specific share either. All shares do a similar thing in RC3 for my setup. I hit apply and it just sits there. Tested on multiple browsers IE Edge Firefox Chrome and mobile Safari

Edited by phbigred

The display in your screenshot doesn't look right. Try the following

• Start your system in safe mode (no plugins loaded)
    • When using adblocker or anti-virus then whitelist or exclude the GUI
    4 hours ago, phbigred said:

Could be the same some ppl including me are posted here, slow ui, e.g. nearly unable to change any settings inside shares. Only halve of page shows, multiple errors messages about dyin nginx threads.

They investigate that. As far as i know.

Do you also notice slowdowns if you copy files to cache and array at the same time?

Do you use xfs encrypted?

Edited by nuhll
    14 minutes ago, nuhll said:

Do you use xfs encrypted?

Look man, not everything is related to same root problem.  We have reproduced the issue writing to encrypted xfs and are still trying to find the cause.  Please quit asking everyone this question on unrelated issues.

That might be right, still its the same symptom like i see. I dont think its only on encrypted xfs, because there were reports already without encryption.

It CAN be the same root problem? I see people trying to help at least. The threads about this problem is still unanswered. Members here get told that they should start separate bug reports because this thread will be locked and posts in this thread has 50/50 chance to be answered. But the separate bug reports are not answered either. I know that my problem is being looked at but that's because following this thread and another thread created after mine that got answered. But all people is not like me.. 

Edited by Niklas
    • Upvote 1
    21 hours ago, gacpac said:

I started getting a log error. For clock not synchronized. But it has the right time. It really doesn't make sense. 

Currently I'm using time1.google.com 

Default settings 

Every time I’ve seen this in my log I notice that the time gets adjusted even if only by a few seconds.    Are you sure that is not happening?

9 hours ago, phbigred said:

And you might want to post diagnostics after reproducing that.  It sounds suspiciously like your flash drive has dropped offline.

anyone else having issue with Active Directory SMB? It was working with 6.6.6, but both RC2 and RC3 (I didn't try RC1) are prompting me from a domain-joined Windows workstation. at least one other user on the reddit thread reporting the same.

11 hours ago, bonienl said:

The display in your screenshot doesn't look right. Try the following

• Start your system in safe mode (no plugins loaded)
    • When using adblocker or anti-virus then whitelist or exclude the GUI

You were right, my system tripped a parity check after reboot. System is again responsive. Was throwing random 502 errors on the plug-in update page when this was all occuring. Snagged a diags too while occuring if you guys think it's helpful I'll post.

I do use xfs encryption but I don't think it's related. I had 100MB/S access to my write access shares with cache and 60ish with straight array targets.

Edited by phbigred

Thanks for the little tweak, @bonienl! I really appreciate you adding that option. I'm a little confused by the fact that you've deleted your post and crossed out all the follow ups.  I hope this is still in the works, but I'll live if it isn't.

10 hours ago, FreeMan said:

I hope this is still in the works, but I'll live if it isn't.

isn't

I have some sympathy with the "i don't like monochrome" camp as well as the "i don't like dark" camp. But I also think it will help keep things clearer for support purposes if we don't get too carried away with "skinning".

2 hours ago, trurl said:

isn't

I have some sympathy with the "i don't like monochrome" camp as well as the "i don't like dark" camp. But I also think it will help keep things clearer for support purposes if we don't get too carried away with "skinning".

Why was it scraped all the sudden? The monochrome is really bad imo 

This is now closed for further comments

• Status Definitions

Open = Under consideration.

Solved = The issue has been resolved.

Solved version = The issue has been resolved in the indicated release version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion. Also for reports we cannot reproduce or need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.

Retest = Please retest in latest release.

Priority Definitions

Minor = Something not working correctly.

Urgent = Server crash, data loss, or other showstopper.

Annoyance = Doesn't affect functionality but should be fixed.

Other = Announcement or other non-issue.