• Unraid OS version 6.7.0-rc4 available

limetech

Mainly bug fix to address "slow transfer to xfs-encrypted array disks" issue.

Version 6.7.0-rc4 2019-02-15

Base distro:

• docker: version 18.09.2 (CVE-2019-5736)
    • qemu: version 3.1.0 (rev 2) patched pcie link speed and width support

Linux kernel:

• version: 4.19.23
    • md/unraid: version 2.9.7 (setup queue properties correctly)

Management:

• webgui: Syslog: added viewer
    • webgui: Dashboard: table right adjustment in two columns view
    • webgui: Dashboard: table adjustment in three columns view
    • webgui: Diagnostics: dynamic file name creation
    • webgui: Move "Management Access" directly under Settings
    • webgui: OS update: style correction
    • Like 7
    • Upvote 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi all.

I think I've hit the same bug as reported by @phanb and at 

Just upgraded from a fully functioning 6.6.6 to RC4 to discover my array doesn't start.

Everything worked great at 6.6.6.

Disabling VT-d did the trick, but I'd like it back if possible.

Any chance a patch/fix was missed in this build?

Attached the diagnostics...

Thanks 🙂

small-diagnostics-20190217-2117.zip

Before I dive into finding out why later, has anybody had any issues with drives not spinning down?  I went from 6.6.6 to RC4 yesterday, and all but parity has been up since (from what I can tell).  I did also go via the Nvidia plugin (I know, I know - change one thing at a time!), but hopefully that shouldn't affect it.

It *looks* like every drive is being read every 20 seconds or so - not sure whether a plugin/docker isn't happy.

Haven't seen anybody mention it here, but thought I'd ask before attacking it seriously.

I noticed in all 6.7 RC1, RC2, & RC4 didn't try RC3, on both my servers the transfer rates are extremely slow around 15MB/s both servers have encrypted Arrays.

both servers are running multiple intel cards to a single managed switch (Vlans) & managed by a pfsense with a quad port intel i350 card.

I had to revert to 6.6.6

3 hours ago, Cessquill said:

I did also go via the Nvidia plugin

Since that plugin installs a custom build of Unraid your report doesn't belong here. Try to reproduce on the actual Unraid release this report thread is about.

56 minutes ago, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

I noticed in all 6.7 RC1, RC2, & RC4 didn't try RC3, on both my servers the transfer rates are extremely slow around 15MB/s both servers have encrypted Arrays.

This issue is believed to be fixed in this rc (see Tom's first sentence at the top of the page and confirmation from other users). Maybe you have something else amiss that your diagnostics would show.

Edited by John_M
    11 minutes ago, trurl said:

Since that plugin installs a custom build of Unraid your report doesn't belong here. Try to reproduce on the actual Unraid release this report thread is about.

Will do.  More accurately, will be testing on stock Unraid.  Apologies, bit of a stupid morning.

On 2/17/2019 at 3:16 PM, ccsnet said:

Well mine didnt stay up long... very odd.

Only update I did today was the CA Community Apps Plugin as I have been trying to keep it simple.

Tried GUI safe mode but no web interface or shares came up.

Diags taken about 20 mins before I found it hung plus some other logs from today.

NB I'm going to try booting it in to Unraid no GUI mode to see if that makes a difference. 

Thanks

Terran

tbmaindoma-diagnostics-20190217-1421.zip

Hi all. 

Since I took the usb 3 card out I sent to have had a lot more stable machine although backups are still taking an age and Plex is not very responsive (network error when playing).

As a result I have been looking at CA Advisor and mono-sgen seems to be holding on to the CPU about 28% of the time (or it may be using 28% not had chance to look then graph up).

I did a quick search on the forum and found it had been an issue a few versions back.

What does mono-sgen do and what should be the right stats so I can feed back if it's an issue with the RC ?

Thanks

Terran

Thanks for the suggestion... I did and know it relates to a garbage collector frame work however specific info as to how it relates to unraid except parts I found around emby seem hard to find. Unfortunately I do not run emby hence the question.

Thanks

T

Edited by ccsnet

Hello @limetech

I have been having a very specific issue since RC1

i use two unraid servers to talk to each other the first is running a Fedora VM for reverse proxy for sonarr, Radarr, deluge and sabnzbd the seconds is where all the downloads actually go, Sab for some reason does not like the NFS mounts Fedora is getting on the on second machine and sab will spit out errors galore then just pause itself refusing to download anymore

if both servers are running 6.7.x it does this but if i downgrade one the files are downloaded to (second server) to  6.6.6 everything runs fine its only once i upgrade to 6.7.x the logs in unraid are not helping to show anything at all and i keep trying the new RC when it comes out but issues persist

to kind of straighten out how it all set up

Sif is the server with Fedora 27 and the dockers sonarr/radarr deluge and sabnzbd
    Fedora via NFS has the Media folder on Thor (other server) mapped so the dockers can write and move files

some of the errors Sab spits out appear to show as permission issues but appear to go away for a short time if i reboot Fedora or stop and start sabnzbd itself. the problems persist though until i downgrade thor to 6.6.6

the problems stop

mounting in Fedora via Samba is not really an option as a friend who is no longer with us help me set this up using NFS.

i can try an upgrade again and provide any logs your need just let me know which ones.

22 hours ago, ccsnet said:

Hi all. 

Since I took the usb 3 card out I sent to have had a lot more stable machine although backups are still taking an age and Plex is not very responsive (network error when playing).

As a result I have been looking at CA Advisor and mono-sgen seems to be holding on to the CPU about 28% of the time (or it may be using 28% not had chance to look then graph up).

I did a quick search on the forum and found it had been an issue a few versions back.

What does mono-sgen do and what should be the right stats so I can feed back if it's an issue with the RC ?

Thanks

Terran

For any one following - I THINK the above relates to Duplicati (Emby unobody    2645  2642  0 16:35 ?        00:00:00 mono Duplicati.Server.exe --webservice-interface=any --server-datafolder=/configses it too)...

nobody 2645 2642 0 16:35 ? 00:00:00 mono Duplicati.Server.exe --webservice-interface=any --server-datafolder=/config

I hope that helps any one else following with the same question in relation to Unraid specifically.

Terran

Edited by ccsnet
    On 2/18/2019 at 4:04 PM, John_M said:

This issue is believed to be fixed in this rc (see Tom's first sentence at the top of the page and confirmation from other users). Maybe you have something else amiss that your diagnostics would show.

I confirm the issue has been resolved in RC4, thanks for the tip.

On 2/17/2019 at 12:46 PM, bonienl said:

image.thumb.png.79a3d072172bbb28446082dc44b4e489.png

Hi

I am I missing a setting somewhere? Along with RC4 came the explanation of each setting!!

This in my instance is in blue I use the dark theme in Unraid. While I am new to unraid I wish to turn off these settings(explanations) only have them visible when I require them.

I have quoted a screen shot which shows this tool-tip help in light blue. Its these that I am objecting to. They appear under each list in main(and other screens) spoiling the nice clean interface. A setting must exist to switch them off(Globally), yes one can do it manually each time but that is a pain to do. 

--

oOSGearOo aka Steve

2 minutes ago, oOSGearOo said:

Hi

I am I missing a setting somewhere? Along with RC4 came the explanation of each setting!!

This in my instance is in blue I use the dark theme in Unraid. While I am new to unraid I wish to turn off these settings(explanations) only have them visible when I require them.

I have quoted a screen shot which shows this tool-tip help in light blue. Its these that I am objecting to. They appear under each list in main(and other screens) spoiling the nice clean interface. A setting must exist to switch them off(Globally), yes one can do it manually each time but that is a pain to do. 

--

oOSGearOo aka Steve

Turn off the help.

9 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Turn off the help.

Doesn't look like he has global help on since it isn't toggled on at the top, and he isn't getting help for the other settings on that page.

But he can click on the text label for that setting and the help goes away, of course. And if you go to another page and come back to that one the global help determines whether or not any help is displayed, unless you click on one of the text labels.

I just tried all this for myself and it works as intended and as it has been working for a long time.

21 minutes ago, oOSGearOo said:

I use the dark theme in Unraid

Not sure what this means. It looks like the white theme with a header custom background color. "Dark" isn't one of the choices.

@oOSGearOo

The only thing that seems different to me from your screenshot is you have some extra buttons in the header. I am guessing that is from the System Buttons plugin, which I haven't used for a while.

If it really is acting the way you think with the help, what happens in SAFE mode?

@oOSGearOo, what happens when you pointed to 'Mirror syslog to flash:'  (A  question mark--  --should appear as the mouse cursor hovers over the phase) and left click with your mouse.  (That should remove and re-display the blue text box with each mouse click.)

47 minutes ago, oOSGearOo said:

Along with RC4 came the explanation of each setting!!

And even your screenshot isn't showing the explanation of each setting. It is just showing the explanation of one of the settings on that page.

Hi

@dlandon If I new how to turn off the HELP I would.

Listen I apologize the screenshot was/is not mine its a quote of one from one further up in page 2 I think of this thread. Here's mine or at least part of it.unraid.thumb.PNG.6b0ca503aa319c8f457fae81a098f7de.PNG

I have briefly gone through the settings and can't see one that said "help" on or off. I am new to unraid.

4 minutes ago, oOSGearOo said:

I have briefly gone through the settings and can't see one that said "help" on or off. I am new to unraid.

unraid.thumb.PNG.6b0ca503aa319c8f457fae81a098f7de.PNG.5e7ab30f6c8f93e0bf1d5659faf546cb.PNG

Click on the circled Question Mark  in the screen capture above.  The underline of the question mark means that the "Help" system is turned on.

Trying to update and getting this in the update window.

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg
    plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/next/unRAIDServer-6.7.0-rc4-x86_64.zip ... done
    plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/next/unRAIDServer-6.7.0-rc4-x86_64.md5 ... done
    wrong md5
    plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

This is now closed for further comments

• Status Definitions

Open = Under consideration.

Solved = The issue has been resolved.

Solved version = The issue has been resolved in the indicated release version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion. Also for reports we cannot reproduce or need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.

Retest = Please retest in latest release.

Priority Definitions

Minor = Something not working correctly.

Urgent = Server crash, data loss, or other showstopper.

Annoyance = Doesn't affect functionality but should be fixed.

Other = Announcement or other non-issue.