• Unraid OS version 6.7.0-rc4 available

limetech

Mainly bug fix to address "slow transfer to xfs-encrypted array disks" issue.

Version 6.7.0-rc4 2019-02-15

Base distro:

• docker: version 18.09.2 (CVE-2019-5736)
    • qemu: version 3.1.0 (rev 2) patched pcie link speed and width support

Linux kernel:

• version: 4.19.23
    • md/unraid: version 2.9.7 (setup queue properties correctly)

Management:

• webgui: Syslog: added viewer
    • webgui: Dashboard: table right adjustment in two columns view
    • webgui: Dashboard: table adjustment in three columns view
    • webgui: Diagnostics: dynamic file name creation
    • webgui: Move "Management Access" directly under Settings
    • webgui: OS update: style correction
    • Like 7
    • Upvote 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

24 minutes ago, Shad0wWulf said:

Trying to update and getting this in the update window.

Just tried it, works for me.  Please post diagnostics.zip following failed update.

Network problems?

Feb 22 18:19:56 ShadowHP kernel: igb 0000:04:00.0 eth0: igb: eth0 NIC Link is Down
    Feb 22 18:20:52 ShadowHP kernel: igb 0000:04:00.0 eth0: igb: eth0 NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: None
    Feb 22 22:12:25 ShadowHP kernel: igb 0000:04:00.0 eth0: igb: eth0 NIC Link is Down
    Feb 22 22:12:38 ShadowHP kernel: igb 0000:04:00.0 eth0: igb: eth0 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: None
    Feb 22 23:46:00 ShadowHP kernel: igb 0000:04:00.0 eth0: igb: eth0 NIC Link is Up 10 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: RX
    Feb 22 23:46:08 ShadowHP kernel: igb 0000:04:00.0 eth0: igb: eth0 NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: RX

Also, you might want to figure out what this is all about

Feb 22 22:55:02 ShadowHP /usr/sbin/ipmiseld[5073]: could not find inband device
    Feb 22 22:55:02 ShadowHP kernel: x86/PAT: ipmiseld:5074 map pfn expected mapping type uncached-minus for [mem 0xddfa0000-0xddfa0fff], got write-back

Really annoying, and its spamming your log continually

Is there a Syslog Server log?  My router stops logging at after some time and I have stop and restart the Syslog Server on Unraid to get it working again.

13 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Is there a Syslog Server log?  My router stops logging at after some time and I have stop and restart the Syslog Server on Unraid to get it working again.

How large are your logs? I am logging from two remote sources and haven't had to restart anything

-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 14349976 Feb 22 17:12 syslog-192.168.10.1.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users   169062 Feb 22 17:13 syslog-192.168.10.188.log

Although I do need to look into logging less from my router :) 

-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users   20265 Feb 22 20:10 syslog-192.168.1.1.log
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users       1 Feb 22 06:35 syslog-192.168.1.2.log
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users  748430 Feb 22 20:15 syslog-192.168.1.3.log
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 3136546 Feb 22 19:20 syslog-192.168.1.4.log

I changed the permissions to -rw-rw-rw- to be consistent with Unraid permissions.  Nothing strange in the sizes.

I suspect an issue with the router.  I haven't had any issues with any other devices.

Edited by dlandon

Sorry, I was thinking if your files were huge maybe that could cause a problem. But they are smaller than mine so that shouldn't be it.

I think I have figured it out.  The log that I was having trouble with was from my router. It logs a lot of extraneous stuff that I was trying to remove on the Unraid side.  I set up a script to run every hour to remove the extraneous stuff.  Apparently the Syslog Server is confused by this and stops adding to the file.  I assumed the Syslog Server just appended the latest log entries, but I'm not sure it does that.  I turned off the log cleaning script and I'll see if it stops again.

15 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I think I have figured it out.  The log that I was having trouble with was from my router. It logs a lot of extraneous stuff that I was trying to remove on the Unraid side.  I set up a script to run every hour to remove the extraneous stuff.  Apparently the Syslog Server is confused by this and stops adding to the file.  I assumed the Syslog Server just appended the latest log entries, but I'm not sure it does that.  I turned off the log cleaning script and I'll see if it stops again.

if you get that figured out, I think it could be useful

1 hour ago, ljm42 said:

if you get that figured out, I think it could be useful

It appears that what I was trying to do with the cleaning out the log file is not allowed with rsyslog.  It is similar to rotating the log file.  Ryslog has to close the file and then restart after the file is rotated, or changed as in my case.  I'm just going to collect the raw output from my router and download it and clean it if necessary to review it.

This begs the question though of how does a person rotate, or trim down the size of the log file.  I could see it getting quite large if not managed.  Maybe a logrotate needs to be set up for the remote log files to keep them cut down in size.

• Like 1

This is now closed for further comments

• Status Definitions

Open = Under consideration.

Solved = The issue has been resolved.

Solved version = The issue has been resolved in the indicated release version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion. Also for reports we cannot reproduce or need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.

Retest = Please retest in latest release.

Priority Definitions

Minor = Something not working correctly.

Urgent = Server crash, data loss, or other showstopper.

Annoyance = Doesn't affect functionality but should be fixed.

Other = Announcement or other non-issue.