• Unraid OS version 6.7.0-rc4 available

limetech

Mainly bug fix to address "slow transfer to xfs-encrypted array disks" issue.

Version 6.7.0-rc4 2019-02-15

Base distro:

• docker: version 18.09.2 (CVE-2019-5736)
    • qemu: version 3.1.0 (rev 2) patched pcie link speed and width support

Linux kernel:

• version: 4.19.23
    • md/unraid: version 2.9.7 (setup queue properties correctly)

Management:

• webgui: Syslog: added viewer
    • webgui: Dashboard: table right adjustment in two columns view
    • webgui: Dashboard: table adjustment in three columns view
    • webgui: Diagnostics: dynamic file name creation
    • webgui: Move "Management Access" directly under Settings
    • webgui: OS update: style correction
    • Like 7
    • Upvote 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just noticed an extraneous file that got into the release - it's a file that shows the complete commit history of the webGUI on github(!)

It's harmless but taking up half a meg.  You can add this to your 'go' file to get rid of it:

rm "/usr/local/emhttp/tics: dynamic file name creation"

Not sure how this even got created, but of course will be removed in next release 🙄

Updated from 6.6.5 (just shy of 90 days uptime...)

All seems to have gone OK. Updated all my plugins and dockers before hand and again afterwards for those plugins that required 6.7.0.

I'll be staying at this version for another 90 days 😂

13 minutes ago, Niklas said:

Slow writing to encrypted xfs seem to be solved. Great work! Thanks!

We could reproduce this specific issue and verify fixed, but the change made might solve some other performance issues as well.

• Like 3
    • Upvote 1

Mainly bug fix to address "slow transfer to xfs-encrypted array disks" issue.

I will test this on both my servers this weekend.

CVE's oustanding as of RC4:

Curl has a few CVE's again. Latest is at 7.64.

Oniguruma is at version 6.9.1

(5.9.6_p1) has multiple CVE's

4 hours ago, dlandon said:

Really liking the Syslog server feature.  Could you sort the list of logs in the Syslog viewer?

Sure. Included in next release.

One of the really cool things about the Syslog server is that you can enable it on the server, put the server IP address in the 'Remote syslog server' field and logs will be continuously captured and potentially help with a lockup or unresponsive server situation.

I've updated Tips and Tweaks and added this as a Tip.

All of you that have servers becoming unresponsive should set this up so you can capture the logs and see if it doesn't help with finding problems.

• Like 1
    4 hours ago, bonienl said:

Sure. Included in next release.

Hi bonienl, would it be possible to include a refresh button on the syslog page to refresh the current selected on. at present if you refresh the page in the brower its reverts to the default syslog page/

Thanks for the addition functions regarding syslog.

I'm finding the WebUI much more responsive now after not visiting it for a few hours previously it would take a few seconds to respond. The check for docker updates also seems to be much quicker in this release.

11 minutes ago, nighttraitor said:

My docker service failed to start sometime in 6.7.0-rc3 and still in 6.7.0-rc4 I've attached logs so hopefully it's helpful.

The cache SSD got disabled, there's an issue with Marvell controlleres and v6.7, it might work if you disable vt-d.

anyone else having issue with Active Directory SMB? It was working with 6.6.6, but RC2, RC3 and now RC4 (I didn't try RC1) are prompting me from a domain-joined Windows workstation. At least one other user on the RC3 reddit thread reporting the same. I cannot access my array via Active Directory SMB at all.

EDIT: I attached the diagnostics logs, but I am not sure there is anything in them related to the SMB access failures.

unraid-diagnostics-20190216-1744.zip

Edited by nthlevel
    16 minutes ago, nthlevel said:

anyone else having issue with Active Directory SMB? It was working with 6.6.6, but RC2, RC3 and now RC4 (I didn't try RC1) are prompting me from a domain-joined Windows workstation. At least one other user on the RC3 reddit thread reporting the same. I cannot access my array via Active Directory SMB at all.

EDIT: I attached the diagnostics logs, but I am not sure there is anything in them related to the SMB access failures.

unraid-diagnostics-20190216-1744.zip

Please open separate Bug Report for this.  thx!

I've been forgetting to ask as I've been out of the loop for a good week or so and with a server needing replacement;

In regards to the lovely new dashboard:

I make use of the nut plugin for ups support;

Is it possible for the new dashboard to pull data from there or will it only pull data from the built-in UPS?

And, is it possible to disable this field entirely?

2 minutes ago, avluis said:

I've been forgetting to ask as I've been out of the loop for a good week or so and with a server needing replacement;

In regards to the lovely new dashboard:

I make use of the nut plugin for ups support;

Is it possible for the new dashboard to pull data from there or will it only pull data from the built-in UPS?

And, is it possible to disable this field entirely?

I use the NUT plugin and I get the dashboard display for my UPS. Works great.

• Like 1
    Just now, MisterWolfe said:

I use the NUT plugin and I get the dashboard display for my UPS. Works great.

Just what I wanted to hear -- thank you very much for confirming!!

This is now closed for further comments

• Status Definitions

Open = Under consideration.

Solved = The issue has been resolved.

Solved version = The issue has been resolved in the indicated release version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion. Also for reports we cannot reproduce or need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.

Retest = Please retest in latest release.

Priority Definitions

Minor = Something not working correctly.

Urgent = Server crash, data loss, or other showstopper.

Annoyance = Doesn't affect functionality but should be fixed.

Other = Announcement or other non-issue.