• Unraid OS version 6.7.0-rc5 available

limetech

As explained here there was a pretty significant flaw introduced way back during Linux kernel 4.19 development having to do with page caching.  The most obvious effect with Unraid was to cause spin-up of drives not involved in large transfers due to cached device top-level directory i-nodes getting reallocated prematurely.  The latest kernel patch release (4.19.24) fixes this issue.

More webGUI refinements are also included.

Version 6.7.0-rc5 2019-02-22

Linux kernel:

• version: 4.19.24

Management:

• update smartmontools drivedb and hwdata/{pci.ids,usb.ids,oui.txt,manuf.txt}
    • webgui: Syslog: sort logs
    • webgui: Dashboard: replace inline style statements for style section
    • webgui: Dashboard: added control buttons
    • webgui: Updated icons and cases
    • webgui: Suppress PHP warnings from corrupted XML files
    • Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

When I replaced the cache pool, I shrunk it from 5 small disks to 2 larger ones, but couldn't change the number of cache pool devices (it was grayed out), so it remained at 5 devices, with 3 empty slots.

When I stopped the array now, I noticed that again, changed the number of slots to 2, started the array, and the docker started fine and created a docker image, obviously empty from containers.

I disabled the Docker, copied the previous image, started the Docker, and it started with the containers and the following message, so I'll recreate the image and add the containers.

Thanks for the help.

Your existing Docker image file needs to be recreated due to an issue from an earlier beta of Unraid 6. Failure to do so may result in your docker image suffering corruption at a later time. Please do this NOW!

4 hours ago, Gico said:

When I stopped the array now, I noticed that again, changed the number of slots to 2, started the array, and the docker started fine and created a docker image, obviously empty from containers.

Changing number of slots wouldn't make any difference for this, so most likely unrelated.

4 hours ago, Gico said:

Your existing Docker image file needs to be recreated due to an issue from an earlier beta of Unraid 6.

You should recreate it, it's easy.

Any chance we can have CONFIG_X86_MCELOG_LEGACY enabled in the kernel config? mcelog won't work without it and rasdaemon (its spiritual successor) requires systemd.

On another note, is /usr/share/terminfo/x/xterm-256color provided with the Unraid base install or something in nerd pack? There seems to be an issue with it, I had to replace it with a copy dumped from my mojave install (source here if other people run into the issue)

Edited by logic
    6 hours ago, logic said:

Any chance we can have CONFIG_X86_MCELOG_LEGACY enabled in the kernel config? mcelog won't work without it and rasdaemon (its spiritual successor) requires systemd.

On another note, is /usr/share/terminfo/x/xterm-256color provided with the Unraid base install or something in nerd pack? There seems to be an issue with it, I had to replace it with a copy dumped from my mojave install (source here if other people run into the issue)

Doing this from my Mac fixed my agnoster zsh theme problem. There does appear to be a problem with the xterm-256color terminfo on Unraid.

8 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

Doing this from my Mac fixed my agnoster zsh theme problem. There does appear to be a problem with the xterm-256color terminfo on Unraid.

Awesome, glad it helped; hopefully we can get it fixed correctly in the distribution.

6 hours ago, logic said:

On another note, is /usr/share/terminfo/x/xterm-256color provided with the Unraid base install or something in nerd pack?

I verified that it's not in Nerd Pack and definitely in the base Unraid image. The screen package adds its own terminfo but doesn't touch anything else.

This is now closed for further comments

• Status Definitions

Open = Under consideration.

Solved = The issue has been resolved.

Solved version = The issue has been resolved in the indicated release version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion. Also for reports we cannot reproduce or need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.

Retest = Please retest in latest release.

Priority Definitions

Minor = Something not working correctly.

Urgent = Server crash, data loss, or other showstopper.

Annoyance = Doesn't affect functionality but should be fixed.

Other = Announcement or other non-issue.