• Unraid OS version 6.7.0-rc5 available


    limetech

    As explained here there was a pretty significant flaw introduced way back during Linux kernel 4.19 development having to do with page caching.  The most obvious effect with Unraid was to cause spin-up of drives not involved in large transfers due to cached device top-level directory i-nodes getting reallocated prematurely.  The latest kernel patch release (4.19.24) fixes this issue.

     

    More webGUI refinements are also included.

     

    Version 6.7.0-rc5 2019-02-22

    Linux kernel:

    • version: 4.19.24

    Management:

    • update smartmontools drivedb and hwdata/{pci.ids,usb.ids,oui.txt,manuf.txt}
    • webgui: Syslog: sort logs
    • webgui: Dashboard: replace inline style statements for style section
    • webgui: Dashboard: added control buttons
    • webgui: Updated icons and cases
    • webgui: Suppress PHP warnings from corrupted XML files
    • Like 3


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    Updated no issues so far, but looks like syslog feature is trying to use network before it is available.

     

    Feb 23 06:50:24 unraid rsyslogd: omfwd: socket 5: error 101 sending via udp: Network is unreachable [v8.40.0 try https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2354 ]

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Just updated. Thanks.   It looks like your popup windows need 'overscroll-behavior' set on them so that if you try to scroll whilst one is active, the background site doesn't scroll. Just makes for a nicer UX.

     

    Also, any ETA on custom case icons? I'm desperate to get my Dalek icon in there.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 hours ago, SimonF said:

    Updated no issues so far, but looks like syslog feature is trying to use network before it is available.

     

    Feb 23 06:50:24 unraid rsyslogd: omfwd: socket 5: error 101 sending via udp: Network is unreachable [v8.40.0 try https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2354 ]

    This is expected behavior when you set Unraid as local syslog server and also as remote syslog destination.

    Syslog starts before the network is started, hence the warnings which are harmless.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    17 minutes ago, bonienl said:

    This is expected behavior when you set Unraid as local syslog server and also as remote syslog destination.

    Syslog starts before the network is started, hence the warnings which are harmless.

    Thanks thought that may be the case but just wanted to check, thanks for the refresh button also on syslog page

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    20 hours ago, rctneil said:

    Just updated. Thanks.   It looks like your popup windows need 'overscroll-behavior' set on them so that if you try to scroll whilst one is active, the background site doesn't scroll. Just makes for a nicer UX.

     

    Also, any ETA on custom case icons? I'm desperate to get my Dalek icon in there.

    It always amuses me when people start complaining about all the things not included in a new release, but take for granted all the new things which have been added.

    Edited by bonienl
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, bonienl said:

    It always amuses me when people start complaining about all the things not included in a new release, but take for granted all the new things which have been added.

     

    Hey,

     

    I want to apologise for being that person.  I'm a developer myself and do understand that features take time and effort to implement. Once again sorry.

     

    The first part of my post was sincerely aimed at try to improve the UX of one very small part of the Unraid UI that I have noticed.

     

    Many thanks to everyone working on Unraid for their work.

     

    Neil

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, bonienl said:

    No worries, I do hope you like the new control buttons on the dashboard.

    Where's the button to enable multiple cache drives?!?!?

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, 1812 said:

    Where's the button to enable multiple cache drives?!?!?

    You need to upgrade to tier 4 "ULTRA" -- unlimited cache pools. Price $499

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, bonienl said:

    No worries, I do hope you like the new control buttons on the dashboard.

    Just posted in the feature request topic about those!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, bonienl said:

    You need to upgrade to tier 4 "ULTRA" -- unlimited cache pools. Price $499

    tenor-3.gif.894d6eaef0ee2cf2a0de2e3ec4fed68b.gif

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I know you're joking but for an price increase inline with current pricing I'm happy to upgrade my Pro licence to Ultra with added support for multiple cache pools ;) 

    6 hours ago, bonienl said:

    You need to upgrade to tier 4 "ULTRA" -- unlimited cache pools. Price $499

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I would possibly pay for this feature as well. In fact, it's something I requested a while back!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Just updated 6.6.6 to 6.6.7, stable with no issues.
    I then updated to 6.7 rc5, and suffered the same problem as when I tried to update from 6.6.6 to 6.7 rc2 (although I didn't post at the time for various reasons)
     

    When I reboot, Multiple drives show as failed/unassigned. I reverted back to 6.6.7, now my second parity, and one of my data drives (drive 2), show as disabled. (in the previously unreported instance this was parity 2 and Drive 6).

    I have attached the diagnostic log in case it is of use.

     

    cheers  

     

    Duggie

    thenewdalebeast-diagnostics-20190225-2307.zip - failed 6.7rc5 install - FS not present, array in tatters

     

     

    thenewdalebeast-diagnostics-20190225-2329.zip - restore to 6.6.7 - 1 parity and 1 array drive borked

    Edited by Duggie264
    add detail and diags
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    25 minutes ago, Duggie264 said:

    When I reboot, Multiple drives show as failed/unassigned.

    It's a problem with both HP RAID controllers:

    Feb 25 23:04:33 TheNewdaleBeast kernel: hpsa 0000:81:00.0: Controller lockup detected: 0x00130000 after 30
    Feb 25 23:04:33 TheNewdaleBeast kernel: hpsa 0000:81:00.0: controller lockup detected: LUN:0000000000800601 CDB:01030000000000000000000000000000
    Feb 25 23:04:33 TheNewdaleBeast kernel: hpsa 0000:81:00.0: Controller lockup detected during reset wait
    Feb 25 23:06:03 TheNewdaleBeast kernel: hpsa 0000:03:00.0: Controller lockup detected: 0x00130001 after 30
    Feb 25 23:06:03 TheNewdaleBeast kernel: hpsa 0000:03:00.0: controller lockup detected: LUN:0000000000800401 CDB:01030000000000000000000000000000
    Feb 25 23:06:03 TheNewdaleBeast kernel: hpsa 0000:03:00.0: Controller lockup detected during reset wait

    Maybe a driver/kernel issue?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    While it's up on the bench, can I make a small UI request please?

     

    Can the link to the Unraid site from the header logo open in a new tab/window?  And/or could a link to the forum be made available from the interface again (unless I've lost it)?

     

    It's how I usually get here.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Sorry if this has been reported already. It started last week but then I was out of town since. The Azure and Gray themes don't properly display the dashboard for me. The parity/drive info is pushed down. I tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. Cleared cache. It was working fine in the early 6.7.rc releases.

     

    234978048_ScreenShot2019-02-27at1_22_21PM.png.557513bd11ff3e1b02a325f869297646.png

    Edited by mgworek
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    33 minutes ago, mgworek said:

    Sorry if this has been reported already. It started last week but then I was out of town since. The Azure and Gray themes don't properly display the dashboard for me. The parity/drive info is pushed down. I tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. Cleared cache. It was working fine in the early 6.7.rc releases.

     

    234978048_ScreenShot2019-02-27at1_22_21PM.png.557513bd11ff3e1b02a325f869297646.png

    Easily reproduceable if you take a browser at 1920px and slowly resize it down.  At the point where the 3rd column disappears due to space, it actually appears below exactly like the picture.  (Reproduced on Black)

    Edited by Squid
    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 minutes ago, Squid said:

    Easily reproduceable if you take a browser at 1920px and slowly resize it down.  At the point where the 3rd column disappears due to space, it actually appears below exactly like the picture.  (Reproduced on Black)

    I forgot to add my display settings. my iMac display is 1920‑by‑1080. I tried full screen and full window. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, mgworek said:

    I forgot to add my display settings. my iMac display is 1920‑by‑1080. I tried full screen and full window. 

    This positioning happens when the screen size is less than 1920px and due to space constraints the third column is pushed "below" the second column.

     

    Below a 1920x1080 picture

    image.thumb.png.b2643a47995cae04adcbed8c51bdead4.png

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, mgworek said:

    I forgot to add my display settings. my iMac display is 1920‑by‑1080. I tried full screen and full window. 

    Also the "Zoom" of your browser can play tricks on you too.

    Edited by cybrnook
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Here is a screenshot of it on a smaller screen for me. Looks like the boxes are not all the same size and that could be throwing it off? The parity/array box is a little bit bigger and screwing with he alignment.

     

     

    Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 5.41.01 PM.png

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Guest
    This is now closed for further comments

  • Status Definitions

     

    Open = Under consideration.

     

    Solved = The issue has been resolved.

     

    Solved version = The issue has been resolved in the indicated release version.

     

    Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion. Also for reports we cannot reproduce or need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.

     

    Retest = Please retest in latest release.


    Priority Definitions

     

    Minor = Something not working correctly.

     

    Urgent = Server crash, data loss, or other showstopper.

     

    Annoyance = Doesn't affect functionality but should be fixed.

     

    Other = Announcement or other non-issue.