• Unraid OS version 6.9.0-beta25 available

limetech

6.9.0-beta25 vs. -beta24 Summary:

• fixed emhttpd crash resulting from having NFS exported disk shares
    • fixed issue where specifying 1 MiB partition alignment was being ignored (see 1 MiB Partition Alignment below)
    • fixed spin-up/down issues
    • ssh improvements (see SSH Improvements below)
    • kernel updated from 5.7.7 to 5.7.8
    • added UI changes to support new docker image file handling - thank you @bonienl.  Refer also to additional information re: docker image folder, provided by @Squid under Docker below.
    • known issue: "Device/SMART Settings/SMART controller type" is ignored, will be fixed in next release

Important: Beta code is not fully tested and not feature-complete.  We recommend running on test servers only!

Multiple Pools

This features permits you to define up to 35 named pools, of up to 30 storage devices/pool.  The current "cache pool" is now simply a pool named "cache".  Pools are created and managed via the Main page.

Note: When you upgrade a server which has a cache pool defined, a backup of config/disk.cfg will be saved to config/disk.cfg.bak, and then cache device assignment settings are moved out of disk.cfg and into a new file, config/pools/cache.cfg.  If later you revert back to a pre-6.9 Unraid OS release you will lose your cache device assignments and you will have to manually re-assign devices to cache.  As long as you reassign the correct devices, data should remain intact.

When you create a user share, or edit an existing user share, you can specify which pool should be associated with that share.  The assigned pool functions identically to current cache pool operation.

Something to be aware of: when a directory listing is obtained for a share, the unRAID array disk volumes and all pools which contain that share are merged in this order:

pool assigned to share

disk1

:

disk28

all the other pools in strverscmp() order.

As with the current "cache pool", a single-device pool may be formatted with either xfs, btrfs, or reiserfs.  A multiple-device pool may only be formatted with btrfs.  A future release will include support for multiple "unRAID array" pools.  We are also considering zfs support.

Something else to be aware of: Suppose you have a 2-device btrfs pool. This will be what btrfs calls "raid1" and what most people would understand to be "mirrored disks". Well this is mostly true in that the same data exists on both disks but not necessarily at the block-level.  Now suppose you create another pool, and what you do is unassign one of the devices from the existing 2-device btrfs pool and assign it to this new pool - now you have x2 single-device btrfs pools.  Upon array Start you might understandably assume there are now x2 pools with exactly the same data.  However this is not the case. Instead, when Unraid OS sees that a btrfs device has been removed from an existing multi-device pool, upon array Start it will do a 'wipefs' on that device so that upon mount it will not be included in the old pool.  This of course effectively deletes all the data on the moved device.

1 MiB Partition Alignment

We have added another partition layout where the start of partition 1 is aligned on 1 MiB boundary. That is, for devices which present 512-byte sectors, partition 1 will start in sector 2048; for devices with 4096-byte sectors, in sector 256.  This partition type is now used for all non-rotational storage (only).

It is not clear what benefit 1 MiB alignment offers.  For some SSD devices, you won't see any difference; others, perhaps big performance difference.  LimeTech does not recommend re-partitioning an existing SSD device unless you have a compelling reason to do so (or your OCD just won't let it be).

To re-partition a SSD it is necessary to first wipe out any existing partition structure on the device.  Of course this will erase all data on the device.  Probably the easiest way to accomplish this is, with array Stopped, identify the device to be erased and use the 'blkdiscard' command:

blkdiscard /dev/xxx  # for exmaple /dev/sdb or /dev/nvme0n1 etc)

WARNING: be sure you type the correct device identifier because all data will be lost on that device!

Upon next array Start the device will appear Unformatted, and since there is now no partition structure, Unraid OS will create it.

Language Translation

A huge amount of work and effort has been implemented by @bonienl to provide multiple-language support in the Unraid OS Management Utility, aka, webGUI.  There are several language packs now available, and several more in the works.  Thanks to @Squid, language packs are installed via the Community Applications plugin - look for a new category entitled Language.

Note: Community Applications must be up to date to install languages.  See also here.

Each language pack exists in public Unraid organization github repos.  Interested users are encouraged to clone and issue Pull Requests to correct translations errors.  Language translations and PR merging is managed by @SpencerJ.

Linux Kernel

Upgraded to 5.7.

These out-of-tree drivers are currently included:

• QLogic QLGE 10Gb Ethernet Driver Support (from staging)
    • RealTek r8125: version 9.003.05 (included for newer r8125)
    • HighPoint rr272x_1x: version v1.10.6-19_12_05 (per user request)

Note that as we update the Linux kernel, if an out-of-tree driver no longer builds, it will be omitted.

These drivers are currently omitted:

• Highpoint RocketRaid r750 (does not build)
    • Highpoint RocketRaid rr3740a (does not build)
    • Tehuti Networks tn40xx (does not build)

If you require one of these drivers, please create a Bug Report and we'll spend some time looking for alternatives.  Better yet, pester the manufacturer of the controller and get them to update their drivers.

Base Packages

All updated to latest versions.  In addition, Linux PAM has been integrated.  This will permit us to implement 2-factor authentication in a future release.

Docker

Updated to version 19.03.11

It's now possible to select different icons for multiple containers of the same type.  This change necessitates a re-download of the icons for all your installed docker applications.  A delay when initially loading either the dashboard or the docker tab while this happens is to be expected prior to the containers showing up.

We also made some changes to add flexibility in assigning storage for the Docker engine.  First, 'rc.docker' will detect the filesystem type of /var/lib/docker.  We now support either btrfs or xfs and the docker storage driver is set appropriately.

Next, 'mount_image' is modifed to support loopback formatted either with btrfs or xfs depending on the suffix of the loopback file name.  For example, the file name ends with ".img", as in "docker.img" then we use mkfs.btrfs.  If file name ends with "-xfs.img", as in "docker-xfs.img" then we use mkfs.xfs.

We also added the ability to bind-mount a directory instead of using a loopback.  If file name does not end with ".img" then code assumes this is the name of directory (presumably on a share) which is bind-mounted onto /var/lib/docker.

For example, if "/mnt/user/system/docker/docker" then we first create, if necessary the directory "/mnt/user/system/docker/docker".  If this path is on a user share we then "dereference" the path to get the disk path which is then bind-mounted onto /var/lib/docker.  For exmaple, if "/mnt/user/system/docker/docker" is on "disk1", then we would bind-mount "/mnt/disk1/system/docker/docker".  Caution: the share should be cache-only or cache-no so that 'mover' will not attempt to move the directory, but the script does not check this.

Additional information from user @Squid:

Just a few comments on the ability to use a folder / share for docker

If you're one of those users who continually has a problem with the docker image filling up, this is the solution, as the "image" will be able to expand (and shrink) to the size of the asigned share.  Just be aware though that this new feature is technically experimental.  (I have however been running this on an XFS formatted cache drive for a while now, and don't see any problems at all)

I would recommend that you use a share that is dedicated to the docker files, and not a folder from another existing share (like system as show in the OP).  

My reasoning for this is that:

1. If you ever have a need to run the New Permissions tool against the share that you've placed the docker folder into, then that tool will cause the entire docker system to not run.  The folder will have to be removed (via the command line), and then recreated.

2. All of the folders contained within the docker folder are not compatible with being exported over SMB, and you cannot gain access to them that way.  Using a separate share will also allow you to not export it without impacting the other shares' exporting.  (And there are no "user-modifiable" files in there anyways.  If you do need to modify a file within that folder, (ie: a config file for a container and that config isn't available within appdata), you should be doing it via going to the container's shell)

You definitely want the share to be cache-only or cache-no (although cache-prefer should probably be ok).  Setting it to cache:yes will undoubtedly cause you problems if mover winds up relocating files to the array for you.

I did have some "weirdness" with using a Unassigned Device as the drive for the docker folder.  This may however been a glitch in my system.

Fix Common Problems (and the Docker Safe New Permissions Tool) will wind up getting updated to let you know of any problems that it detects with how you've configured the folder.

Virtualization

libvirt updated to version 6.4.0

qemu updated to version 5.0.0

In addition, integrated changes to System Devices page by user @Skitals with modifications by user @ljm42.  You can now select PCI devices to isolate from Linux upon boot simply by checking some boxes.  This makes it easier to reserve those devices for assignment to VM's.

Note: If you had the VFIO-PCI Config plugin installed, you should remove it as that functionality is now built-in to Unraid OS 6.9.  Refer also @ljm42's excellent guide.

In a future release we will include the NVIDIA and AMD GPU drivers natively into Unraid OS.  The primary use case is to facilitate accelerated transcoding in docker containers.  For this we require Linux to detect and auto-install the appropriate driver.  However, in order to reliably pass through an NVIDIA or AMD GPU to a VM, it's necessary to prevent Linux from auto-installing a GPU driver for those devices upon boot, which can be easily done now through System Devices page.  Users passing GPU's to VM's are encouraged to set this up now.

"unexpected GSO errors"

If your system log is being flooded with errors such as:

Jun 20 09:09:21 Tower kernel: tun: unexpected GSO type: 0x0, gso_size 31, hdr_len 66

You need to edit each VM and change the model type for the Ethernet bridge from "virtio" to "virtio-net".  In most cases this can be accomplished simply by clicking Update in "Form View" on the VM Edit page.  For other network configs it may be necessary to directly edit the xml.  Example:

<interface type='bridge'>
          <mac address='xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'/>
          <source bridge='br0'/>
          <model type='virtio-net'/>
          <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>

SSH Improvements

There are changes in /etc/ssh/sshd_conf to improve security (thanks to @Mihai and @ljm42 for suggestions):

• only root user is permitted to login via ssh (remember: no traditional users in Unraid OS - just 'root')
    • non-null password is now required
    • non-root tunneling is disabled

In addition, upon upgrade we ensure the 'config/ssh/root' directory exists on the USB flash boot device; and, we have set up a symlink: /root/.ssh to this directory.  This means any files you might put into /root/.ssh will be persistent across reboots.

Note: if you examine the sshd startup script (/etc/rc.d/rc.sshd), upon boot all files from the 'config/ssh' directory are copied to /etc/ssh (but not subdirs).  The purpose is to restore the host ssh keys; however, this mechanism can be used to define custom ssh_conf and sshd_conf files (not recommended).

Other

• AFP support has been removed.
    • Numerous other Unraid OS and webGUI bug fixes and improvements.

Version 6.9.0-beta25 2020-07-12

Linux kernel:

• version 5.7.8

Management:

• fix emhttpd crash resulting from exporting NFS disk share(s)
    • fix non-rotational device partitions were not actually being 1MiB aligned
    • dhcpcd: ipv6: use slaac hwaddr instead of slaac private
    • docker: correct storage-driver assignemnt logic
    • ssh: allow only root user, require passwords, disable non-root tunneling
    • ssh: add /root/.ssh symlink to /boot/config/ssh/root directory
    • syslog: configure to also listen on localhost udp port 514
    • webgui: Added btrfs info for all pools in diagnostics
    • webgui: Docker: allow BTRFS or XFS vdisk, or folder location
    • webgui: Multi-language: Fixed regression error: missing indicator for required fields
    • webgui: Dashboard: fix stats of missing interface
    • Like 2
    • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

8 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

There's no option AFAIK, any unpartitioned non rotational device will be partitioned starting on the 1MbB boundary, and I see the default partition format setting was removed, which is understandable since no one should be currently formatting disk with unaligned partitions.

Exactly right.

7 hours ago, bonienl said:

Time is determined by the value of the poll_attributes setting.

This is Settings/Disk Settings/Tunable (poll_attributes)

This determines how often to issue 'smartctl' commands to the storage devices in order to read the temperatures.  The 'smartctl' program issues a couple special commands to a storage device to read the SMART data.  Typically with HDD's not only will this spin them up (if spun down) but will also flush and pause the I/O queue and send the r/w heads to the inner cylinder of the drive.  This is a pretty large disruption in I/O flow and if it happens too often can result in 'glitching' when reading a video stream for example.

The default value of '1800' means 30 min between polls.  Probably you want to ask, "If a fan fails, how long before a drive burns up?" and set the poll_interval lower than that ;)

You can set it really low, like to 10 sec, and watch your HDD activity LED's burst with activity every 10 sec as 'smartctl' does it's thing.

Other notes:

• If a drive is already spun-down when it's time to read it's temperature, we skip issuing 'smartctl' so as not to spin the drive up.
    • Whenever a HDD is spun-up, either via command or new I/O to the device, after the spin-up has completed, we'll use 'smartctl' to read the temperature.
    • Clicking on a device from the Main page will issue 'smartctl' in order to obtain and report the current SMART data for that device.  This will result in spinning up a spun-down HDD.
    • Even though 'smartctl' itself generates I/O to a drive, that I/O is not counted toward "activity" for purposes of spinning down the drive as a result of inactivity.
    • Like 2
    • Thanks 1

On my test server, creating a new VM won't allow me to change vnc settings (doesn't stick), and vnc doesn't appear in any context menus.

1 minute ago, tjb_altf4 said:

won't allow me to change vnc settings

You need to change VNC settings in XML view and save it

1 minute ago, bonienl said:

You need to change VNC settings in XML view and save it

Even to change from QXL to cirrus?

I was talking about the VNC port assignment.

VNC video driver can be changed from the GUI. Just tested; works fine.

Ok must have been something on my test server, I rolled back to 6.8.3 and vnc mode was assignable again.

I don't know what went wrong for you, but testing this on 6..9.0-b25 I didn't encounter any problem both for existing and new VMs.

• Like 1

Hi, seems i have a issue now when trying to move my VM's from UAD to a 2nd cache pool.

my libvrt service fails to start after shutting down the VM system and trying to restart it.

made a reboot now with the same result.

any chance to "repair" or only solution, wipe the img file and redo VM's with existing vdisks and hope i match the settings ;)

### EDIT, sorry, my fault, just saw i made a wrong path for default VM's ...

logs and diags attached

Edited by alturismo
    16 hours ago, limetech said:

This is Settings/Disk Settings/Tunable (poll_attributes)

This determines how often to issue 'smartctl' commands to the storage devices in order to read the temperatures.  The 'smartctl' program issues a couple special commands to a storage device to read the SMART data.  Typically with HDD's not only will this spin them up (if spun down) but will also flush and pause the I/O queue and send the r/w heads to the inner cylinder of the drive.  This is a pretty large disruption in I/O flow and if it happens too often can result in 'glitching' when reading a video stream for example.

The default value of '1800' means 30 min between polls.  Probably you want to ask, "If a fan fails, how long before a drive burns up?" and set the poll_interval lower than that ;)

You can set it really low, like to 10 sec, and watch your HDD activity LED's burst with activity every 10 sec as 'smartctl' does it's thing.

Other notes:

• If a drive is already spun-down when it's time to read it's temperature, we skip issuing 'smartctl' so as not to spin the drive up.
    • Whenever a HDD is spun-up, either via command or new I/O to the device, after the spin-up has completed, we'll use 'smartctl' to read the temperature.
    • Clicking on a device from the Main page will issue 'smartctl' in order to obtain and report the current SMART data for that device.  This will result in spinning up a spun-down HDD.
    • Even though 'smartctl' itself generates I/O to a drive, that I/O is not counted toward "activity" for purposes of spinning down the drive as a result of inactivity.

please add this to the help notes in Unraid, when I started with Unraid I googled around for this info and having it in the help text will help a lot of new users :)

• Like 1
    On 7/13/2020 at 1:25 PM, Squid said:

False.  BTRFS is the default file system for the cache drive because the system allows you to easily expand from a single cache drive to be a multiple device pool.  If you're only running a single cache drive (and have no immediate plans to upgrade to a multi-device pool), XFS is the "recommended" filesystem by many users (including myself)

The docker image required CoW because docker required it.  Think of the image akin to mounting an ISO image on your Windows box.  The image was always formatted as BTRFS, regardless of the underlying filesystem.  IE: You can store that image file on XFS, BTRFS, ReiserFS, or via UD ZFS, NTFS etc.

More or less true.  As said, you've always been able to have an XFS cache drive and the image stored on it.

The reason for the slightly different mounting options for an image is to reduce the unnecessary amount of writes to the docker.img file.  There won't be a big difference (AFAIK) if you choose a docker image formatted as btrfs or XFS.

But, as I understand it any write to a loopback (ie: image file) is always going to incur extra IO to the underlying filesystem by its very nature.  Using a folder instead of an image completely removes those excess writes.

You can choose to store the folder on either a BTRFS device or an XFS device.  The system will consume the same amount of space on either, because docker via overlay2 will properly handle duplicated layers etc between containers when it's on an XFS device.

BTRFS as the docker.img file does have some problems.  If it fills up to 100%, the it doesn't recover very gracefully, and usually requires a delete of the image and then recreating it and reinstalling your containers (a quick and painless procedure)

IMO, choosing a folder for the storage lowers my aggravation level in the forum because by it's nature, there is no real limit to the size that it takes (up to the size of the cache drive), so the recurring issues of "image filling up" for some users will disappear.   (And as a side note, this is how the system was originally designed in the very early 6.0 betas)

There are just a couple of caveats with the folder method which is detailed in the OP (my quoted text).  

1. Cache only share.  Simply referencing /mnt/cache/someShare/someFolder/ within the GUI isn't good enough.
    2. Ideally within its own separate share (not necessary, but decreases the possibility of ever running new perms against the share)
    3. The limitations on this first revision of the GUI supporting folders, that doesn't make how you do it exactly intuitive.  Will get improved by the next rev though.
    4. Get over the fact that you can't view or modify any of the files (not that you ever need to) within the folder via SMB.  Just don't export it so that it doesn't drive your OCD nuts.

There is also still some glitches in the GUI when you use the folder method.  Notably, while you can stop the docker service, you cannot re-enable it via the GUI (Settings - docker).  (You have to edit the docker.cfg file and reenable the service there, and then stop / start the array)

This is great!!

I have been running docker on its own (non-exported) share on a btrfs partition from December last year on, very happy with it.

I thought that when the docker/btrfs write issue was going to be solved I would have to revert to a docker image again, but being able to keep using my share in a supported way from the GUI is just perfect. I would the folder approach over a loop device any day!

I'll keep an eye on this when it makes it out of beta, for now, keep up the good work, very much appreciated 😄

12 minutes ago, S1dney said:

This is great!!

I have been running docker on its own (non-exported) share on a btrfs partition from December last year on, very happy with it.

I thought that when the docker/btrfs write issue was going to be solved I would have to revert to a docker image again, but being able to keep using my share in a supported way from the GUI is just perfect. I would the folder approach over a loop device any day!

I'll keep an eye on this when it makes it out of beta, for now, keep up the good work, very much appreciated 😄

Since you cross posted this in two places, I'll cross post my reply:

The loopback approach is much better from the standpoint of data management.  Once you have a directory dedicated to Docker engine, it's almost impossible to move it to a different volume, especially for the casual user.

9 minutes ago, limetech said:

Since you cross posted this in two places, I'll cross post my reply:

The loopback approach is much better from the standpoint of data management.  Once you have a directory dedicated to Docker engine, it's almost impossible to move it to a different volume, especially for the casual user.

You're right, sorry about that, went through here before I went through my bug report.

I do think that the casual user will benefit more from the loopback approach indeed since it's less complex and requires less maintenance.

Have a great day 👍

I have an issue when joining SMB onto my AD with this version, last version I tried was beta 1 which works fine and has been quite stable (having some hw issues at the moment)

Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage smbd[3950]: [2020/07/14 13:32:50.110989,  0] ../../source3/auth/auth_util.c:1397(make_new_session_info_guest)
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage smbd[3950]:   create_local_token failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER_MIX
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage smbd[3950]: [2020/07/14 13:32:50.111027,  0] ../../source3/smbd/server.c:2042(main)
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage smbd[3950]:   ERROR: failed to setup guest info.
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage nmbd[3955]: [2020/07/14 13:32:50.122663,  0] ../../lib/util/become_daemon.c:135(daemon_ready)
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage nmbd[3955]:   daemon_ready: daemon 'nmbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connections
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage winbindd[3965]: [2020/07/14 13:32:50.164334,  0] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_cache.c:3203(initialize_winbindd_cache)
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage winbindd[3965]:   initialize_winbindd_cache: clearing cache and re-creating with version number 2
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage winbindd[3965]: [2020/07/14 13:32:50.164569,  0] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_util.c:1289(init_domain_list)
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage winbindd[3965]:   Could not fetch our SID - did we join?
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage winbindd[3965]: [2020/07/14 13:32:50.164580,  0] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd.c:1466(winbindd_register_handlers)
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage winbindd[3965]:   unable to initialize domain list

SMB never joins because of this.

Edited by razor950
    1 hour ago, razor950 said:

I have an issue when joining SMB onto my AD with this version, last version I tried was beta 1 which works fine and has been quite stable (having some hw issues at the moment)

Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage smbd[3950]: [2020/07/14 13:32:50.110989,  0] ../../source3/auth/auth_util.c:1397(make_new_session_info_guest)
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage smbd[3950]:   create_local_token failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER_MIX
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage smbd[3950]: [2020/07/14 13:32:50.111027,  0] ../../source3/smbd/server.c:2042(main)
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage smbd[3950]:   ERROR: failed to setup guest info.
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage nmbd[3955]: [2020/07/14 13:32:50.122663,  0] ../../lib/util/become_daemon.c:135(daemon_ready)
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage nmbd[3955]:   daemon_ready: daemon 'nmbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connections
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage winbindd[3965]: [2020/07/14 13:32:50.164334,  0] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_cache.c:3203(initialize_winbindd_cache)
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage winbindd[3965]:   initialize_winbindd_cache: clearing cache and re-creating with version number 2
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage winbindd[3965]: [2020/07/14 13:32:50.164569,  0] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_util.c:1289(init_domain_list)
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage winbindd[3965]:   Could not fetch our SID - did we join?
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage winbindd[3965]: [2020/07/14 13:32:50.164580,  0] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd.c:1466(winbindd_register_handlers)
    Jul 14 13:32:50 Storage winbindd[3965]:   unable to initialize domain list

SMB never joins because of this.

Please open a separate bug report for this.

I had a question about the cache pools in 6.9 that I was not able to test when I was still using it.

I know that only a single cache pool can be selected for a share, is this a limit of mover or the file system?

AKA, if I manually created the same share on another cache pool then the one selected, would it be combined with the rest of the share and function like a normal cache pool minus mover functionality?

Are unassigned devices (USB Drive) able to be spun down yet? Mine is always on and consistently over heats (it's a raid -0 unit). As it's hardly used, it would be nice if it went to sleep at some point.

1 hour ago, TexasUnraid said:

AKA, if I manually created the same share on another cache pool then the one selected, would it be combined with the rest of the share and function like a normal cache pool minus mover functionality?

Yes

42 minutes ago, tech960 said:

Are unassigned devices (USB Drive) able to be spun down yet?

This will probably never be possible.

57 minutes ago, tech960 said:

Are unassigned devices (USB Drive) able to be spun down yet? Mine is always on and consistently over heats (it's a raid -0 unit). As it's hardly used, it would be nice if it went to sleep at some point.

Are you using the UD plugin?

Tested beta 25 on a spare laptop today, very nice, One thing i noticed, i chose encrypted btfrs as file system in disk settings, formatted my disk, but it shows up as xfs anyway? Is this an issue or did i do something wrong? Also I did had to enter a passphrase to start the array, i guess this is related to the encrypted disk? But... if i stop and restart the array, it asks for a passphrase again and i can enter anything i want, i doesn’t have to be the same as i entered before? What’s the use of that?

2 hours ago, jowi said:

i chose encrypted btfrs as file system in disk settings, formatted my disk, but it shows up as xfs anyway?

This will happen if that disk had the fs set to "xfs" instead of "auto", only disks set to "auto" will use the default filesystem on the disk settings, you can check by going to main and clicking on the disk .

This is now closed for further comments

• Status Definitions

Open = Under consideration.

Solved = The issue has been resolved.

Solved version = The issue has been resolved in the indicated release version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion. Also for reports we cannot reproduce or need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.

Retest = Please retest in latest release.

Priority Definitions

Minor = Something not working correctly.

Urgent = Server crash, data loss, or other showstopper.

Annoyance = Doesn't affect functionality but should be fixed.

Other = Announcement or other non-issue.