• Unraid OS version 6.9.0-rc1 available

limetech

As always, prior to updating, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".

Besides bug fixing, most of the work in this release is related to upgrading to the Linux 5.9 kernel where, due to kernel API changes, it has become necessary to move device spin-up/down and spin-up group handling out of the md/unraid driver and have it handled entirely in user space.  This also let us fix an issue where device spin-up of devices in user-defined pools was executed serially instead of in parallel.

We should also now be able to properly support SAS device spin-up/down (finally) and with extraordinary help from @doron we are almost there.  SAS devices are generally designed for enterprise environments where device spin-down is rare, and many devices have inconsistent behavior surrounding this functionality.  This release itself does not include SAS device spin handling built-in but @doron is providing a plugin where we continue to address some nagging details.  We expect to have this ironed out before stable release.

Along with re-work of device spin control, we have also integrated spin-up/down and temperature monitoring for unassigned devices.  We have coordinated with @dlandon to ensure proper integration with the Unassigned Devices plugin.  If you've read this far, and you are using the Unassigned Devices plugin, please remove it first before upgrading and then re-install UD via Community Apps.

Since we have not identified any data loss bugs related to the user-defined pools feature, I have removed the -beta designation and we now enter the -rc phase.  Our plan is for this to be relatively short and limited to squashing bugs.  We are in the process of writing up more thorough release notes in preparation for stable release.

A lot of exciting changes and features are coming to Unraid OS and I want to thank everyone for participating in our Pre-release program!

Version 6.9.0-rc1 2020-12-09 (vs -beta35)

Base distro:

• aaa_elflibs: version 15.0 build 27
    • hdparm: version 9.60
    • icu4c: version 68.1
    • intel-microcode: version 20201118
    • kernel-firmware: version 20201130_7455a36
    • nginx: version 1.19.5
    • openssh: version 8.4p1
    • pam: version 1.5.1
    • php: version 7.4.13
    • samba: version 4.12.10
    • xfsprogs: version 5.9.0

Linux kernel:

• version 5.9.13
    • md/unraid: version 2.9.17
      removed spinup group spinup/spdindown support (functionality moved to emhttpd)
      added configurable sync start offset
    • added iSCSI kernel support:
      CONFIG_ISCSI_TARGET: Linux-iSCSI.org iSCSI Target Mode Stack
      CONFIG_ISCSI_TARGET_CXGB4: Chelsio iSCSI target offload driver
      CONFIG_LOOPBACK_TARGET: TCM Virtual SAS target and Linux/SCSI LDD fabric loopback module
      CONFIG_NVME_TARGET: NVMe Target support
      CONFIG_NVME_TARGET_LOOP: NVMe loopback device support
      CONFIG_NVME_TARGET_PASSTHRU: NVMe Target Passthrough support
      CONFIG_TARGET_CORE: Generic Target Core Mod (TCM) and ConfigFS Infrastructure
      CONFIG_TCM_FILEIO: TCM/FILEIO Subsystem Plugin for Linux/VFS
      CONFIG_TCM_IBLOCK: TCM/IBLOCK Subsystem Plugin for Linux/BLOCK
      CONFIG_TCM_PSCSI: TCM/pSCSI Subsystem Plugin for Linux/SCSI
      CONFIG_TCM_USER2: TCM/USER Subsystem Plugin for Linux
    • added USB/IP kernel support:
      CONFIG_USBIP_CORE: USB/IP support
      CONFIG_USBIP_VHCI_HCD: VHCI hcd

Management:

• emhttpd: implement spinup group spinup/spindown; add spinup/spindown callouts
    • emhttpd: get rid of poll_attributes event
    • emhttpd: fix disk "SMART controller type" not being honored when reading temperatures
    • rsyslog: fix broken "Mirror syslog to flash"
    • webgui: Fix wrong docker run URL reference
    • webgui: Fix crash when reading very large log files (limiting output to 1000 lines).
    • webgui: Fix dismiss all notification
    • webgui: Fix Started VMs not appearing in dashboard
    • webgui: VM manager: add virtio-win-0.1.190-1
    • webgui: Notifications: Fix gap on white / black
    • webgui: Do not show CA profiles in Add Container list
    • webgui: support spin-up/down and temperature monitoring of unassigned devices
    • webgui: VM manager: Fix: Changing from VM VNC graphics to GPU passthrough
    • webgui: Change Icon for Motherboard Info from cog (settings) to info

Edited by limetech

• Like 22

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

13 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

I upgraded to this and all my vm’s and dockers disappeared and I had to recreate the xml and link them to the disks etc. Pretty irritating. 

Without diagnostics no way to know for sure but maybe corruption with your system share unless you did something to the paths these vdisks were configured to use.

12 minutes ago, Greebo said:

I had just the same problem together with the cache disks not connecting. Reverted to bet 35 fixed this.

Please post diagnostics if you have a problem. Just saying something didn't go right doesn't really help.

• Thanks 1
    15 hours ago, abhi.ko said:

So I upgraded just now, and after the reboot via the WebGUI (did not shutdown the server physically) unRaid came back up and said it detected an unclean shutdown and started a parity check. There are errors related to my nvme cache disk on the log, none of this was there prior to the upgrade, I believe.

Any idea what is going on?

I also had a similar result. Upgrade, reboot via WebGUI with no issues, and when it came back up it started a parity check.

Dec 11 09:55:36 Tower emhttpd: unclean shutdown detected

That's the only entry I can find relating to it. No errors on my cache drive.

1 minute ago, ClunkClunk said:

I also had a similar result. Upgrade, reboot via WebGUI with no issues, and when it came back up it started a parity check.

Dec 11 09:55:36 Tower emhttpd: unclean shutdown detected

That's the only entry I can find relating to it. No errors on my cache drive.

3 minutes ago, ClunkClunk said:

No errors on my cache drive.

Unclean shutdown means there was some problem writing the stopped/started status to flash as explained in the FAQ link above.

deconz docker is no more working like it should, the conbee stick is connected and found, but it cant connect or find  any of the devices, rolling back to .35 fix it

Edited by M2k
    4 minutes ago, M2k said:

deconz docker is no more working like it should, the conbee stick is connected and found, but it cant connect or find  any of the devices, rolling back to .35 fix it

Working fine here (marthoc/deconz). Recent update to the deconz software has changed how to talk to the device. Previliged mode need to be activated and check the path of the device. 

Working fine here (marthoc/deconz). Recent update to the deconz software has changed how to talk to the device. Previliged mode need to be activated and check the path of the device. 

i am using the same docker image, i deleted it completely and reinstalled it, but i wasnt able to add lamps/switches in phoscon and deconz could not see any of the endpoints. but the stick was detected...

but i did not check the privilege button, i think it was off, - i am just back on .35 and here its off and phoscon and deconz are working fine.

i will upgrade to rc1 again and see if the privilege button on enabled will fix it

Edited by M2k
    21 minutes ago, nexusmaniac said:

Seems I'm seeing a lack of spindowns too on RC1 🥴

I've attached a diagnostic with all devices spun up ... then after I've manually spun the array down and all the devices have spun back up again 'on their own' (possibly due to SMART).raptor-diagnostics-20201211-1819.zipraptor-diagnostics-20201211-1814.zip

Messages like this:

Dec 11 08:51:04 Raptor emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdj

mean that we have detected I/O on a device that has been previously spun-down.  We issue a 'smartctl -A' command to the device (which is now spun-up) to read its temperature.  Probably this would be better wording:

"I/O detected on device /dev/sdj, reading SMART"

Probably a plugin is responsible for this.

1 minute ago, limetech said:

Messages like this:

Dec 11 08:51:04 Raptor emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdj

mean that we have detected I/O on a device that has been previously spun-down.  We issue a 'smartctl -A' command to the device (which is now spun-up) to read its temperature.  Probably this would be better wording:

Probably a plugin is responsible for this.

I don't think so. I booted into safe mode and had the same issue.  

41 minutes ago, sivart said:

I don't think so. I booted into safe mode and had the same issue.  

The diags you posted earlier were not from a safe-mode boot.

2 minutes ago, limetech said:

The diags you posted earlier were not from a safe-mode boot.

Correct, but the logs I posted after that were in safe mode.  When I get home, I will post the diags in safe mode.

image.thumb.png.3419fa5660a0de3c453e5ce4c6f8efe5.pngSMART checks are the trigger here, I've narrowed it down to my Telegraf container, the disks all spin up on RC1 where they didn't on Beta35 (I've tried with & without `nocheck= "standby"` commented out)

Edit: I should also add that if I comment out `[[inputs.smart]]` the disks don't spin up while this container is active.

Edited by nexusmaniac
    1 hour ago, limetech said:

Could this be timing? As I think the spindown is spawned out and the process of sending the spindown command to the disk will create IO could this be picked up by the process checking for use? i.e. when is the last IO count saved.

Is the SMART command using -n standby as this may help as it will fail for supported disks and would spin up the disk?

31 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Could this be timing? As I think the spindown is spawned out and the process of sending the spindown command to the disk will create IO could this be picked up by the process checking for use? i.e. when is the last IO count saved.

Is the SMART command using -n standby as this may help as it will fail for supported disks and would spin up the disk?

No that's taken into account.

49 minutes ago, nexusmaniac said:

Edit: I should also add that if I comment out `[[inputs.smart]]` the disks don't spin up while this container is active.

That's the proper solution.

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Without diagnostics no way to know for sure but maybe corruption with your system share unless you did something to the paths these vdisks were configured to use.

No corruption. Everything is very clean. I had upgraded just few days before to the previous beta without any issues whatsoever. Unfortunately we dont live in an ideal world where I can spend hours getting logs, digging around wondering why all my vm's are totally blanked by unraid etc. Literally unraid has my DNS and firewall as a VM on it so no vms = no internet = lots of unhappy people in my house and no google or anything just me fixing it on my own back so when this happens I just fix it as fast as possible. Took me about 30 minutes then I went to sleep at 11:30PM. Alternative is I just dont post anything at all when i have a problem, and you dont even know what to look out for. Im just saying what happened to me, maybe you discover it happening to lots of people I dont know. Up to limetech if they want to fix it as it impacts their business, not mine. In my case it was fixable, you just remake a vm template and link the disk that is on the array to the vm template. Sorry if thats not acceptable, but I dont have the hours and hours to spend figuring out why unraid would delete all my vm xml files and dockers for no apparent reason. Adding the dockers back was easier as I just clicked add docker or whatever and chose the dockers that previously existed from the list it remembered and it auto used the docker files on the disks, I didnt have to even do anything, and its unlikey that was corrupted since that process is fairly automatic when you add a docker. I had just a minecraft server and a unifi controller that I use which both came back without any configuration changes whatsoever so no doubt the default settings were still remembered. It just decided to delete them.

P

5 minutes ago, PeteAsking said:

No corruption. Everything is very clean. I had upgraded just few days before to the previous beta without any issues whatsoever. Unfortunately we dont live in an ideal world where I can spend hours getting logs, digging around wondering why all my vm's are totally blanked by unraid etc. Literally unraid has my DNS and firewall as a VM on it so no vms = no internet = lots of unhappy people in my house and no google or anything just me fixing it on my own back so when this happens I just fix it as fast as possible. Took me about 30 minutes then I went to sleep at 11:30PM. Alternative is I just dont post anything at all when i have a problem, and you dont even know what to look out for. Im just saying what happened to me, maybe you discover it happening to lots of people I dont know. Up to limetech if they want to fix it as it impacts their business, not mine. In my case it was fixable, you just remake a vm template and link the disk that is on the array to the vm template. Sorry if thats not acceptable, but I dont have the hours and hours to spend figuring out why unraid would delete all my vm xml files and dockers for no apparent reason. Adding the dockers back was easier as I just clicked add docker or whatever and chose the dockers that previously existed from the list it remembered and it auto used the docker files on the disks, I didnt have to even do anything, and its unlikey that was corrupted since that process is fairly automatic when you add a docker. I had just a minecraft server and a unifi controller that I use which both came back without any configuration changes whatsoever so no doubt the default settings were still remembered. It just decided to delete them.

P

I sense your frustration, sorry about that.  Thank you for your report.

• Like 2
    5 hours ago, trurl said:

I understand the reasons why for an unclean shutdown. 

Just trying to figure out why this wasn't a problem before the upgrade on 6.8.3, I had even rebooted the server yesterday morning and it had gracefully shutdown and came back up without any issues. I did not change the location of the flash drive or anything else between that reboot and the upgrade reboot. Hence the thought that this might be an issue with the upgrade.

In fact I had tried to upgrade previously (beta 35 I believe) and had the same issue while stopping and starting the array, it always comes back as unclean and starts parity check. So decided to go back to the stable version, now the rc came out and decided to try again and wanted to report it. Seems like there is at least another user with the same issue, @ClunkClunk

Was there anything in the logs and what is with the error related to my nvme drive, that is also new after the upgrade.

Edited by abhi.ko
    1 hour ago, limetech said:

That's the proper solution.

I disagree 😅😅 the spinup mechanic has changed between b35 & rc1, resulting in an undesired effect - Telegraf monitoring smart temps lets me pull temperatures & smart data into Grafana - previously if disks were spun down they would not be spun up by my telegraf.conf - the only variable here was the new Unraid version 👀 now disks are spun up if a smart command grazes them 🤔 (either that or the disks are no longer reporting their standby status correctly/in the same way)

#   ## Skip checking disks in this power mode. Defaults to
    #   ## "standby" to not wake up disks that have stopped rotating.
    #   ## See --nocheck in the man pages for smartctl.
    #   ## smartctl version 5.41 and 5.42 have faulty detection of
    #   ## power mode and might require changing this value to
    #   ## "never" depending on your disks.
    #   nocheck = "standby"

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    1 hour ago, dlandon said:

If you have UD remote shares mounted, unmount them one at a time and see if the log entries go away.

Thanks @dlandon, all are unmounted already. I turned off auto-mount and rebooted to have a clean slate. It has been up for 2.5 hours, didn't mount any network shares, and still getting that winbindd cycle of messagesin the log every 60 seconds like clockwork. Other suggestions?

Dec 11 16:37:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (18436)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:37:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:37:01.301178,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:37:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (18436)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:38:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:38:01.345086,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:38:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (19667)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:38:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:38:01.345252,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:38:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (19667)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:39:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:39:01.389001,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:39:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (21105)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:39:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:39:01.389165,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:39:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (21105)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:39:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:39:01.389338,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:597(sam_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:39:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   sam_name_to_sid
    Dec 11 16:39:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:39:01.389382,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_rpc.c:281(rpc_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:39:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   name_to_sid: ROOT for domain 
    Dec 11 16:39:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:39:01.389515,  3] ../../source3/passdb/lookup_sid.c:1605(get_primary_group_sid)
    Dec 11 16:39:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   Forcing Primary Group to 'Domain Users' for root
    Dec 11 16:39:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:39:01.389704,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_rpc.c:281(rpc_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:39:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   name_to_sid: ROOT for domain 
    Dec 11 16:39:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:39:01.389789,  3] ../../source3/passdb/lookup_sid.c:1605(get_primary_group_sid)
    Dec 11 16:39:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   Forcing Primary Group to 'Domain Users' for root
    Dec 11 16:40:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:40:01.433461,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:40:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (22329)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:40:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:40:01.433601,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:40:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (22329)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:40:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:40:01.434219,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:754(sam_rids_to_names)
    Dec 11 16:40:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   sam_rids_to_names for MARVIN
    Dec 11 16:40:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:40:01.434514,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:1084(sam_sequence_number)
    Dec 11 16:40:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   samr: sequence number
    Dec 11 16:40:02 Marvin winbindd[22361]: [2020/12/11 16:40:02.063718,  2] ../../source3/lib/tallocmsg.c:87(register_msg_pool_usage)
    Dec 11 16:40:02 Marvin winbindd[22361]:   Registered MSG_REQ_POOL_USAGE
    Dec 11 16:40:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:40:02.065592,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:289(winbindd_dual_list_trusted_domains)
    Dec 11 16:40:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   winbindd_dual_list_trusted_domains: [ 8492]: list trusted domains
    Dec 11 16:40:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:40:02.065632,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:343(sam_trusted_domains)
    Dec 11 16:40:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   samr: trusted domains
    Dec 11 16:40:02 Marvin smbd[22366]: [2020/12/11 16:40:02.220215,  2] ../../source3/lib/tallocmsg.c:87(register_msg_pool_usage)
    Dec 11 16:40:02 Marvin smbd[22366]:   Registered MSG_REQ_POOL_USAGE
    Dec 11 16:40:02 Marvin smbd[8479]: [2020/12/11 16:40:02.220852,  2] ../../source3/smbd/server.c:807(remove_child_pid)
    Dec 11 16:40:02 Marvin smbd[8479]:   Could not find child 22366 -- ignoring
    Dec 11 16:41:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:41:01.478356,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:41:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (23573)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:41:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:41:01.478501,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:41:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (23573)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:42:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:42:01.522280,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:42:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (24720)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:42:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:42:01.522352,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:42:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (24720)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:43:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:43:01.565980,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:43:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (25910)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:43:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:43:01.566141,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:43:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (25910)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:44:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:44:01.610293,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:44:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (27048)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:44:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:44:01.610462,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:44:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (27048)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:44:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:44:01.610614,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:597(sam_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:44:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   sam_name_to_sid
    Dec 11 16:44:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:44:01.610646,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_rpc.c:281(rpc_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:44:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   name_to_sid: ROOT for domain 
    Dec 11 16:44:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:44:01.610764,  3] ../../source3/passdb/lookup_sid.c:1605(get_primary_group_sid)
    Dec 11 16:44:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   Forcing Primary Group to 'Domain Users' for root
    Dec 11 16:44:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:44:01.610945,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_rpc.c:281(rpc_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:44:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   name_to_sid: ROOT for domain 
    Dec 11 16:44:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:44:01.611020,  3] ../../source3/passdb/lookup_sid.c:1605(get_primary_group_sid)
    Dec 11 16:44:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   Forcing Primary Group to 'Domain Users' for root
    Dec 11 16:45:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:45:01.654864,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:45:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (28214)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:45:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:45:01.654934,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:45:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (28214)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:45:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:45:02.066957,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:289(winbindd_dual_list_trusted_domains)
    Dec 11 16:45:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   winbindd_dual_list_trusted_domains: [ 8492]: list trusted domains
    Dec 11 16:45:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:45:02.067012,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:343(sam_trusted_domains)
    Dec 11 16:45:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   samr: trusted domains
    Dec 11 16:46:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:46:01.699436,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:46:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (29389)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:46:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:46:01.699579,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:46:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (29389)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:46:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:46:01.700068,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:754(sam_rids_to_names)
    Dec 11 16:46:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   sam_rids_to_names for MARVIN
    Dec 11 16:46:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:46:01.700349,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:1084(sam_sequence_number)
    Dec 11 16:46:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   samr: sequence number
    Dec 11 16:47:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:47:01.743855,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:47:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (30526)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:47:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:47:01.743903,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:47:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (30527)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:47:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:47:01.743966,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:47:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (30527)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:47:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:47:01.744041,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:47:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (30526)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:48:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:48:01.787630,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:48:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (31689)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:48:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:48:01.787717,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:48:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (31689)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:49:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:49:01.831414,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:49:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (376)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:49:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:49:01.831555,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:49:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (376)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:49:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:49:01.831694,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:597(sam_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:49:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   sam_name_to_sid
    Dec 11 16:49:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:49:01.831726,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_rpc.c:281(rpc_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:49:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   name_to_sid: ROOT for domain 
    Dec 11 16:49:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:49:01.831856,  3] ../../source3/passdb/lookup_sid.c:1605(get_primary_group_sid)
    Dec 11 16:49:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   Forcing Primary Group to 'Domain Users' for root
    Dec 11 16:49:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:49:01.832039,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_rpc.c:281(rpc_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:49:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   name_to_sid: ROOT for domain 
    Dec 11 16:49:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:49:01.832118,  3] ../../source3/passdb/lookup_sid.c:1605(get_primary_group_sid)
    Dec 11 16:49:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   Forcing Primary Group to 'Domain Users' for root
    Dec 11 16:50:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:50:01.875716,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:50:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (1590)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:50:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:50:01.875797,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:50:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (1590)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:50:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:50:02.067257,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:289(winbindd_dual_list_trusted_domains)
    Dec 11 16:50:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   winbindd_dual_list_trusted_domains: [ 8492]: list trusted domains
    Dec 11 16:50:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:50:02.067310,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:343(sam_trusted_domains)
    Dec 11 16:50:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   samr: trusted domains
    Dec 11 16:51:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:51:01.919897,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:51:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (2748)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:51:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:51:01.920062,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:51:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (2748)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:52:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:52:01.963593,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:52:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (3897)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:52:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:52:01.963709,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:52:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (3897)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:52:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:52:01.964438,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:754(sam_rids_to_names)
    Dec 11 16:52:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   sam_rids_to_names for MARVIN
    Dec 11 16:52:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:52:01.964729,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:1084(sam_sequence_number)
    Dec 11 16:52:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   samr: sequence number
    Dec 11 16:53:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:53:01.008351,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:53:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (4887)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:53:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:53:01.008463,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:53:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (4887)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:54:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:54:01.052389,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:54:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (6030)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:54:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:54:01.052540,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:54:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (6030)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:54:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:54:01.052682,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:597(sam_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:54:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   sam_name_to_sid
    Dec 11 16:54:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:54:01.052715,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_rpc.c:281(rpc_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:54:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   name_to_sid: ROOT for domain 
    Dec 11 16:54:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:54:01.052847,  3] ../../source3/passdb/lookup_sid.c:1605(get_primary_group_sid)
    Dec 11 16:54:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   Forcing Primary Group to 'Domain Users' for root
    Dec 11 16:54:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:54:01.053032,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_rpc.c:281(rpc_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:54:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   name_to_sid: ROOT for domain 
    Dec 11 16:54:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:54:01.053110,  3] ../../source3/passdb/lookup_sid.c:1605(get_primary_group_sid)
    Dec 11 16:54:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   Forcing Primary Group to 'Domain Users' for root
    Dec 11 16:55:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:55:01.097268,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:55:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (7202)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:55:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:55:01.097420,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:55:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (7202)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:55:02 Marvin winbindd[7236]: [2020/12/11 16:55:02.065865,  2] ../../source3/lib/tallocmsg.c:87(register_msg_pool_usage)
    Dec 11 16:55:02 Marvin winbindd[7236]:   Registered MSG_REQ_POOL_USAGE
    Dec 11 16:55:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:55:02.067584,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:289(winbindd_dual_list_trusted_domains)
    Dec 11 16:55:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   winbindd_dual_list_trusted_domains: [ 8492]: list trusted domains
    Dec 11 16:55:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:55:02.067622,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:343(sam_trusted_domains)
    Dec 11 16:55:02 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   samr: trusted domains
    Dec 11 16:55:02 Marvin smbd[7240]: [2020/12/11 16:55:02.321439,  2] ../../source3/lib/tallocmsg.c:87(register_msg_pool_usage)
    Dec 11 16:55:02 Marvin smbd[7240]:   Registered MSG_REQ_POOL_USAGE
    Dec 11 16:55:02 Marvin smbd[8479]: [2020/12/11 16:55:02.322091,  2] ../../source3/smbd/server.c:807(remove_child_pid)
    Dec 11 16:55:02 Marvin smbd[8479]:   Could not find child 7240 -- ignoring
    Dec 11 16:56:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:56:01.140995,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:56:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (8452)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:56:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:56:01.141177,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:56:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (8452)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:57:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:57:01.185553,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:57:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (9750)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:57:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:57:01.185682,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:57:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (9750)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:58:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:58:01.229277,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:58:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (10954)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:58:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:58:01.229350,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:58:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (10954)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:58:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:58:01.229858,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:754(sam_rids_to_names)
    Dec 11 16:58:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   sam_rids_to_names for MARVIN
    Dec 11 16:58:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:58:01.230175,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:1084(sam_sequence_number)
    Dec 11 16:58:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   samr: sequence number
    Dec 11 16:59:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:59:01.274772,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)
    Dec 11 16:59:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_interface_version: [nss_winbind (12184)]: request interface version (version = 31)
    Dec 11 16:59:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 16:59:01.274849,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:63(winbindd_getgroups_send)
    Dec 11 16:59:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]:   winbindd_getgroups_send: [nss_winbind (12184)] getgroups root
    Dec 11 16:59:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:59:01.274955,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_samr.c:597(sam_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:59:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   sam_name_to_sid
    Dec 11 16:59:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:59:01.274985,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_rpc.c:281(rpc_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:59:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   name_to_sid: ROOT for domain 
    Dec 11 16:59:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:59:01.275120,  3] ../../source3/passdb/lookup_sid.c:1605(get_primary_group_sid)
    Dec 11 16:59:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   Forcing Primary Group to 'Domain Users' for root
    Dec 11 16:59:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:59:01.275311,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_rpc.c:281(rpc_name_to_sid)
    Dec 11 16:59:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   name_to_sid: ROOT for domain 
    Dec 11 16:59:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]: [2020/12/11 16:59:01.275397,  3] ../../source3/passdb/lookup_sid.c:1605(get_primary_group_sid)
    Dec 11 16:59:01 Marvin winbindd[8494]:   Forcing Primary Group to 'Domain Users' for root
    Dec 11 17:00:01 Marvin winbindd[8492]: [2020/12/11 17:00:01.319103,  3] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:429(winbindd_interface_version)

4 hours ago, sivart said:

Correct, but the logs I posted after that were in safe mode.  When I get home, I will post the diags in safe mode.

@limetech I apologize.  I think it was the telegraf docker image.  Even though it was reporting not running, I think it was continuously trying to restart an issuing SMART commands. Disabling telgraf allowed the drives to spin down. 

• Like 1