As always, prior to updating, create a backup of your USB flash device: "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
Hopefully spin-up/down sorted:
- External code (docker containers) using 'smartctl -n standby' should work ok with SATA drives. This will remain problematic for SAS until/unless smartmontools v7.2 is released with support for '-n standby' with SAS.
- SMART is unconditionally enabled on devices upon boot. This solves problem where some newly installed devices may not have SMART enabled.
- Unassigned devices will get spun-down according to 'Settings/Disk Settings/Default spin down delay'.
Updated to 5.10 Linux kernel (5.10.1).
Fixed bug joining AD domains.
Version 6.9.0-rc2 2020-12-18 (vs -rc1)
- bind: verison 9.16.8
- docker: version 19.03.14
- krb5: version 1.18.2
- version 5.10.1
- emhttpd: fix external 'smartctl -n standby' causing device spinup
- emhttpd: enable SMART on devices upon startup
- emhttpd: unassigned devices spin-down according to global default
- emhttpd: restore 'poll_attributes' event callout
- smb: fixed AD join issue
- webgui: do not try to display SMART info that causes spin-up for devices that are spun-down
- webgui: avoid php syntax error if autov() source file does not exist
Edited by limetech