• VM settings issue

killeriq
    • Minor

Hello,

I have setup some time ago Windows 10 VM - with Pass-through 1080ti cards, but when i dont need them and VM is OFF, they are in other VM - Linux and do some mining.

So i cloned the Windows 10 VM and used the same disk, instead 108ti im using VNC so this way i can run without any "real card".

Problems are with those parts:

image.png.f8017c79793232426ce6bfd9d946a4c3.png

In 1080ti VM is the IMG in "/mnt/user/domains/Windows 10-GPU/vdisk2.img" even i set location as "Manual" and save, next time i open setting its again on "Auto" with  "/mnt/user/domains/Windows 10-VNC/vdisk2.img" which doest exist.

EDIT: After i run Win10 VNC VM im able to see the 2nd disk in System as D drive (same as in VM-GPU)

When i want to change CPU cores or RAM amount and i hit save it get stuck in this stage for ages, when i open VMS again , values are the same

image.thumb.png.b6f4f6e60448dcc050a8dbd357343926.png

Im think i was able to change it before, but now not anymore :(

Changes are working in "original" Windows 10 GPU VM, but not in Windows VNC VM - so not sure which part is causing it...

Thanks

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Adding one more note - seems like i was manually editing/comparing the XML , also able to "update" so done it this way again.

Anyway would be nice feature to have - Cloning VMs with same Disk/OS but different CPU/RAM/GPU settings via UI

Thanks