• [6.10] Stale Configuration

Fuggin
    • Minor

This has been occurring with every RC since RC4 through the latest stable. I have to revert back to RC2 for my system to be "normal".

Process to update:

1. Stop all containers.

2. Stop array.

3. Go to Update OS and perform update.

4. Reboot.

5. System updates. (I have autostart array disabled)

6. System boots to main page. Before starting array, I update any plugins.

7. Start array.

8. Browser (Firefox) sends a request to refresh page. (This has been happening with all RCs after RC2)

9. Page refreshes with system in stale configuration.

10. Containers show running with Array must be started for docker to run banner.

11. Chrome browser shows the same thing.

golem-diagnostics-20220521-0541.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• For all intents and purposes, the system is "working".
    • All my containers are working in this configuration when accessing their web page addresses.
    • Dashboard tab shows everything is working.
    • I made sure to update Firefox and clear cache. Still shows stale configuration in Main tab.
    • Container page still shows array must be started banner over running containers.
    • Shares tab has array must be started banner but shares appear and are accessible on my windows network.

As a test, please boot in 'safe mode' and see if issue still occurs.  If so, there is a misbehaving plugin.

Update:

Tried again...since RC4, this popup in my browser occurs when the array starts.

If I hit resend, it borks the main page. If I hit cancel, everything is normal.

No idea what the reason for the popup is.

image.png.18741c43ee5f5cbb6eb5f09cb78a4835.png

Just upgraded to 6.10.1 and had the same thing happen. Reverted to 6.9.2 and all is well.

All plugins and dockers are fully up to date. No VMs running. Array is set to not autostart, and the exact behaviour detailed by the OP is replicated. Will be staying on 6.9.2 for now.

• Upvote 1
    23 hours ago, Fuggin said:

Updated to 6.10.1 and I didn't get the browser popup...everything seems to be working for now.

Popup returned so issue still happening. Anytime the popup occurs, I hit cancel. Seems to keep everything normal.

I am seeing the same behavior it seems to occur if I use Firefox to do the initial access of the unRAID dashboard after a server restart.  I was able to avoid the popup by using Microsoft Edge Version 101.0.1210.53 (Official build) (64-bit) to initially access the dashboard after a reboot.  Now no popup on Firefox or Edge and all appears to be normal.

No popup all is normalimage.png.edaa516752eea6f775fe133ee1ce8bf4.png

5 hours ago, HtownJay said:

I am seeing the same behavior it seems to occur if I use Firefox to do the initial access of the unRAID dashboard after a server restart.  I was able to avoid the popup by using Microsoft Edge Version 101.0.1210.53 (Official build) (64-bit) to initially access the dashboard after a reboot.  Now no popup on Firefox or Edge and all appears to be normal.

Agreed - same here. Upgraded and accessed via Edge and it's working as advertised. Seems to be a Firefox bug that slipped through? Presumably (and not unreasonably) everyone used Chromium-based browsers to test :)

I'm also using Firefox and occasionally seeing the Resend requestor in the browser when starting the array on both of my servers. Both are updated to 6.10.3 stable. It starts fine but when the page reloads at the end of the startup procedure, I get the requestor in the attached pic. If I click Resend, it tries to start the array again. Sometimes it locks up the webgui, some times it continues normally. If I click Cancel it's always started fine. I've cleared browser cache and cookies and tried a private tab in Firefox, but it doesn't always happen so it's been hard to validate. Any thoughts on other ways to diagnose the cause and apply a fix? I've been reminded to take a look at the browser console next time it occurs.

ArrayStartRequestor.thumb.jpg.d38acae29d543ca7ebdeff32a0294f2a.jpg

I just updated from 6.9.2 to 6.10.3 directly, and using Firefox, I noticed the same issue mentioned by others above. I get that popup to resend every time, and not knowing about this issue (I just found this thread), I would simply press Resend, which would result in the stale config issue. As others mentioned, everything seems to work (dockers start, etc.), except that my main page shows unmounted disks. 🤔

I got the same problem using Firefox after updating to 6.10.3. Everything is working fine, but all browser show "stale configuration" and a messed up "main" tab.

I would like to shut down the array and restart it via Chrome. However the messed up "main" tab doesnt give me the option to shut down the array. Any tips on how to proceed? Google search on "how to stop the array via CLI" gave me outdated results and Im hesitant using them.

2 hours ago, Helmut said:

I got the same problem using Firefox after updating to 6.10.3. Everything is working fine, but all browser show "stale configuration" and a messed up "main" tab.

I would like to shut down the array and restart it via Chrome. However the messed up "main" tab doesnt give me the option to shut down the array. Any tips on how to proceed? Google search on "how to stop the array via CLI" gave me outdated results and Im hesitant using them.

'restart' at a cli.

For now, what I do on my side is whenever getting the popup, I press Cancel instead of Ok, and I do not get any stale configuration. It can be a bit annoying though, because if I do it quick without thinking, I will end up with the stale config.

1 hour ago, alexricher said:

For now, what I do on my side is whenever getting the popup, I press Cancel instead of Ok, and I do not get any stale configuration. It can be a bit annoying though, because if I do it quick without thinking, I will end up with the stale config.

I only clicked ok to see if 6.11 fixed it. But yes, I will continue to cancel the popup. I'll have to try the 'restart' at cli method to see if it fixes the stale configuration.

1 minute ago, Fuggin said:

I only clicked ok to see if 6.11 fixed it. But yes, I will continue to cancel the popup. I'll have to try the 'restart' at cli method to see if it fixes the stale configuration.

Last time the stale config happened to me (it's been a while so my memory might play tricks on me), I remember just rebooting with from command line using this command:

powerdown -r

and as far as I remember, it came back normally. Don't hesitate to correct me in the event I'm saying nonsense. 🙂

Best of luck. 🤞

Is this still an issue? I am in 6.11.1 and I got this stale issue twice, with Safari and Firefox. What's going one here?  Reboot fixed the problem.  I got it when I stopped the array to make some changes and had to restart the array.

I just had this issue too. Upgraded from 6.9.2 to 6.11.1 (long overdue, i know). I rebooted the NAS and used a clean browser (in my case freshly installed Brave) and that worked. Thanks to this thread, i got a bit stressed for a bit :)

I've never seen this before until 6.11.4 and now 6.11.5 and have the same plugins for a bit now. The newest plugin I installed was the "CA Mover Tuning" one, which per my logs I've had installed since 6.11.0-rc3 (August).

I do not have array auto start. When array comes up after upgrade, says config is good. I go to start array, and in firefox 107 it shows the resend prompt.

If you hit cancel, it works fine. If you hit resend, it puts the array in a 'stale configuration' state. Where you can only reboot/shutdown server.

plugins:

CA Auto Update Applications
    CA Backup / Restore Appdata
    CA Cleanup Appdata
    CA Mover Tuning
    Community Applications
    Dynamix Active Streams
    Dynamix System Information
    Dynamix System Statistics
    Dynamix System Temperature
    Fix Common Problems
    Tips and Tweaks
    Unassigned Devices
    Unassigned Devices Plus
    Unassigned Devices Preclear
    unBALANCE

firefox_2022-11-21_10-37-46[1].png

9 hours ago, Fuggin said:

Interestingly enough, I updated to .5 and didn't get the resend prompt...

Didn't get it when updated to .4 and was hopeful ; then updated to .5 and had it again. 🤷‍♂️