• 6.10 update, Firefox browser is not displaying dynamix non tabbed view correctly

2Rock
    • Minor

After updating to 6.10 today I noticed the left side of my UI now has a scroll bar that is pushing the UI elements to the right, which results in messed up menu buttons.

After talking to people on the discord it was established that this only happens on Firefox (100.0.1 ) with the untabbed Grey UI style.

Please resolve this issue. Thanks a lot

unraid dynamix.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I believe you, I'm just hoping someone can help me resolve this. So far I have:

1. Made sure Firefox is on latest version

2. Deleted all Unraid cookies and cache

3. Disabled all browser extensions

4. Restarted server and client machine

5. Run a deep scan with "fix common problems" plugin

I wonder if one of the plugins or dockers I have installed is causing this:

Plugins:

- Community Applications

- Fix Common Problems

- My Servers

- Unassigned Devices

- Unassigned Devices Plus

- Unassigned Devices Preclear

Dockers:

- DiskSpeed

I've had these installed on 6.9 and then upgraded to 6.10 yesterday. Anyone know if one of these plugins is incompatible with the new version and could be causing this?

Or any other ideas?

Thanks

Those plugins shouldn't be a problem if they are all up to date but you can test by booting into safe mode, which ensures that no plugins are loaded.

• Like 1

Just to add that I'm facing the same problem.

FF 100.0.1 (64-bit)

Cleared web content, to force the browser to reload everything visually.

image.png.bb522a47faf5ba7b323a5920ea94b3cf.png

Not sure if this helps, but I did notice that the previous RC had the same issue. Also, I've updated from the RC to 6.10, maybe that could be related?

Another point, if I inspect the page, and disable direction from the default-azure.css, something interesting happens:

image.png.aa7f439342d62514c33e8fa4dcb36957.png

A scroll bar shows up, but the issue disappears. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some issue with FF and rendering

The Black and White themes look fine though. Also, if there are any logs or tests that would be necessary, I'd be glad to help.

When you remove cache/cookies, you'll need to make sure you do it for any unraid URLS, including the IP address(es) of your server(s). I found that some settings were cached under the IP address of my server, with others under unraid.net. Clearing both reset any oddities I was seeing, but that was done before I upgraded to 6.10 stable.

And like @bonienl, my Firefox v100.0.2 is working fine with no page irregularities.

Edited by AgentXXL

image.png.7e894d9c8ecb8dc4bb4d601864e93082.png

Is the clear from this menu enough? Because I've nuked it, and it persists. Not sure what could be causing it still. If you know of a different way, I'd like to try it.

18 minutes ago, MiguelBazil said:

image.png.7e894d9c8ecb8dc4bb4d601864e93082.png

Is the clear from this menu enough? Because I've nuked it, and it persists. Not sure what could be causing it still. If you know of a different way, I'd like to try it.

That will clear everything for EVERY site that's been visited. Under Firefox Settings, I go to Privacy & Security, then under Cookies and Site data, choose Manage Data. Then you can search for 'unraid.net' and your server IP address and just clear the cache and cookies for those URLs/address.

CacheCookiesunRAID.thumb.jpg.d69d0b3df435e5d6d5a7854ea695e21a.jpg

Edited by AgentXXL

Oh, I know what it does. I nuked everything, because I wanted to make sure there was no possible way I missed something, and that that should be enough. Issue remains. If anyone has any ideas, wants any logs, or wants me to try something, feel free to ask.

Edited by MiguelBazil