• [6.10.0] VNC doesn't connect

maxwai
    • Closed Minor

So following up with this Report that is falsely marked as solved: 

clearing cookies does help but only temporarily. I did not yet find out what exactly is the condition but think I did find out which cookies are the reason for it (so deleting only these cookies already helps for a moment): rxd-init and txd-init

Here is the error message when vnc doesn't work:

May 21 20:15:15 Storinator nginx: 2022/05/21 20:15:15 [error] 29980#29980: *351315 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading upstream, client: 192.168.44.43, server: , request: "GET //wsproxy/5700/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:5700/", host: "192.168.44.12"

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Have you tried clearing your browser cache/cookies?  This seems to be needed after the upgrade to fix this issue.

There has been a suggestion that simply deleting the `rxd-init` cookie may be sufficient but I am not sure if this is enough.

8 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Have you tried clearing your browser caches?  This seems to be needed after the upgrade to fix this issue.

Yes I did, see my explanation at 

I linked this so we make 1 discussion instead of two.

This one should be closed IMO.

Clearing browser cache solve this for a period of time (I can't spot the exact period, hours to days), I did identify that the `txd-init` or `rxd-init` cookies are causing the issue, when you clear cache you also clear these cookies.

34 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Have you tried clearing your browser cache/cookies?  This seems to be needed after the upgrade to fix this issue.

There has been a suggestion that simply deleting the `rxd-init` cookie may be sufficient but I am not sure if this is enough.

I just tried it again, in Firefox I cleared everything for unraid.net and myunraid.net in about:preferences → "Cookies and Site Data" → "Manage Data". Worked, just as clearing only the rxd-init cookie did. Reopened Firefox and got the error again.

• Like 1