• [6.10.2] "This site can’t be reached" - WebGUI

SmokeyOdin
    • Urgent

I was on 6.10.0 this morning and saw that 6.10.2 is ready so updated to it, ever since then I can't access the GUI, i've tired rebooting and it still won't connect.

Any ideas how to get it back? Many Thanks!!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello,

I have the same problem with the 6.10.2 update.
    the server's IP address doesn't even show up on the network anymore. I had to restore to version 6.10.1 and Unraid started again.

thank you.

-Device "eth0" does not exist.

-cannot find device "eth0"

Edited by cbh17000
    12 minutes ago, cbh17000 said:

Hello,

I have the same problem with the 6.10.2 update.
    the server's IP address doesn't even show up on the network anymore. I had to restore to version 6.10.1 and Unraid started again.

thank you.

PS: I attach the diagnostic file

nas-tower-diagnostics-20220528-1151.zip

Thank you, i didnt think about restoring the old version, I've got the WebGUI back now!

Please check the release notes, if a NIC using the tg3 driver is found and vt-d is enabled the NIC will be blacklisted to avoid stability and even possible corruption issues, you can always enable the NIC again manually if you think you're not affected:

11 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Please check the release notes, if a NIC using the tg3 driver is found and vt-d is enabled the NIC will be blacklisted to avoid stability and even possible corruption issues, you can always enable the NIC again manually if you think you're not affected:

attaching the zip file

unraidserver-diagnostics-20220528-1128.zip

2 minutes ago, cbh17000 said:

will the VMs still work?

VMs still work, but without vt-d you won't be able to pass-through any devices, like a NIC, GPU, etc.

15 minutes ago, SmokeyOdin said:

attaching the zip file

Btrfs already found some corruption, so you're likely affected, recommend only running v6.10.x with vt-d disabled, if you really need it enabled you should go back to v6.9.2 for now.

35 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Btrfs already found some corruption, so you're likely affected, recommend only running v6.10.x with vt-d disabled, if you really need it enabled you should go back to v6.9.2 for now.

Okay, I got VT-d disabled, is there a way to fix the BTRFS corruption?

I had the same thing this morning. No more GUI access. In Cli the ip was however present. My DELL PowerEdge servers were broken. I downgraded to 6.10.1 and everything works fine. I can find absolutely nothing on my network card that mentions TG3. Will fixed be deployed? How to know that the next update will take into account its inconveniences ?

My network card 

BusNumber   10

DataBusWidth   4x or x4

Description   NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet

Device TypePCIDevice

DeviceDescription   NIC in Slot 1 Port 1

DeviceNumber   0

FQDD   NIC.Slot.1-1

FunctionNumber   0

InstanceID   NIC.Slot.1-1

LastSystemInventoryTime   2022-05-29T06:36:56

LastUpdateTime   2022-05-19T03:33:46

Manufacturer   Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries

PCIDeviceID   1639

PCISubDeviceID   1917

PCISubVendorID   14E4

PCIVendorID   14E4

SlotLength   Long Length

SlotType   PCI Express Gen 2 x8

On 5/28/2022 at 12:27 PM, JorgeB said:

Start by running a scrub, if uncorrectable errors are found look in the syslog for the affected files, if no errors are found or they are corrected reset the counters and keep monitoring, more info here:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=700582

Did a search for BTRFS in my diagnostics. Is this the corruption in question?

May 29 14:57:46 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device loop2): bdev /dev/loop2 errs: wr 1, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 259, gen 0

tower-diagnostics-20220529-1638.zip

Edited by Hitcher
    • Like 1
    13 hours ago, JorgeB said:

It can be, since vt-d is now disable delete and re-create the docker image and monitor to make sure no more corruptions are found.

Thanks, will do.

EDIT: Deleted and rebuilt the docker image but the corruption is still there.

May 29 14:57:46 Tower emhttpd: shcmd (77): /usr/local/sbin/mount_image '/mnt/cache/docker.img' /var/lib/docker 20
    May 29 14:57:46 Tower kernel: loop2: detected capacity change from 0 to 41943040
    May 29 14:57:46 Tower kernel: BTRFS: device fsid e7cdcd01-5af4-4abe-a9e1-80c5bf296181 devid 1 transid 105165 /dev/loop2 scanned by udevd (6410)
    May 29 14:57:46 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device loop2): flagging fs with big metadata feature
    May 29 14:57:46 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device loop2): using free space tree
    May 29 14:57:46 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device loop2): has skinny extents
    May 29 14:57:46 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device loop2): bdev /dev/loop2 errs: wr 1, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 259, gen 0
    May 29 14:57:46 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device loop2): enabling ssd optimizations

What should I do next?

Thanks.

Edited by Hitcher
    2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

You need to either disable vt-d or unblacklist the NIC, Dell servers appear to not have the corruption issue, so it *might* be OK to use the NIC, you can to that by doing this:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/after-i-upgraded-to-6102-my-network-interfaces-dissappeared-r1956/?do=findComment&comment=19584

Disabling vt-d loses VMs functionality.

So I just tried this solution on a Dell PowerEdge, indeed the command touch works well! version 6.10.2 operational.

I will do the other.

Thanks to @bonienl and @JorgeB for his patience with me.

Edited by Casadream_1
    On 5/30/2022 at 9:18 AM, Hitcher said:

EDIT: Deleted and rebuilt the docker image but the corruption is still there.

Missed your edit, you're showing the same log entry as before, new docker image should no longer show that, or just reboot.