• [6.11.4] Upgrading to 6.11.4 changes docker custom network type on existing servers

weirdcrap
    • Solved Minor

From the release notes:

Set IPVLAN as default for new installations

This is not just applying to new installations. I upgraded my secondary server and my docker custom network type was changed from macvlan to ipvlan.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same here, setting was changed on its own. Note that br0 wasn't in use at the time (I need a custom macvlan to persist reboots) and none appeared after the change.

Edited by Kilrah

Same on my Server,updating from 6.11.1 to 6.11.4 it was changed from macvlan to ipvlan. Customer Br0 was/is in use.

Same here - 6.11.1 to 6.11.4.

Custom/BR0 was in use.

Worse, when I attempt to switch it back to macvlan and apply, it resets to ipvlan.

Edited by Talonius
    Added note that Custom/BR0 was in use.

Thanks.  I've tried that and every time you change it to macvlan it will automatically change it back to ipvlan.

I've raised an internal bug report, and a fix will be forth-coming

I've issued a fix for this, but in the meantime when you make a selection - either 'ipvlan' or 'macvlan' it is applied correctly when you click 'Apply'.  The issue is the Gui is not displaying the current setting correctly.

8 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I've issued a fix for this, but in the meantime when you make a selection - either 'ipvlan' or 'macvlan' it is applied correctly when you click 'Apply'.  The issue is the Gui is not displaying the current setting correctly.

So is the issue that the GUI just isn't displaying the correct setting? The setting hasn't actually been changed?

Correct.  The setting is only applied when the 'Apply' button is clicked.  The saved setting is in the docker.cfg file and is what the Gui is incorrectly displaying, not the actual network setting that's been applied.  It will also survive a reboot and will not revert.

• Like 2