• [6.12.4] Windows 11 VM becoming unresponsive

thedoc
    • Annoyance

I have a windows 11 VM that I have passed through most cores, a GTX 3060 Ti and a nvme drive.

Since the beginning I had many issues with the VM or unraid crashing that I temporarily fixed through various posts about similar issues following stuff as long as it made sense.

I didn't have crashing issues for many days even with VFIO. I had a sudden crush so I removed anything VFIO related but later that night (while the VM was practically idle) it froze. Today it froze while in use (the sound continued for 30~ seconds) and while writing this post I checked on it and it it froze again (realized from 100% CPU. not all the allocated cores were 100%)

The problem is not reproduceable since there is no specific case it happens. It happened while totally idle, while unraid was being used and while the VM was being used (with RDP or physically with passed through mouse/keyboard)

I attached the diagnostics and the log since I am not totally sure if it is included in the diagnostics.

I hope this nightmare ends.

Thank you for your time

tower-diagnostics-20231101-2338.zip syslog-192.168.1.46.log

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

As it looks like you are not using virtiofs shares remove these from the xml memorybacking section.

<source type='memfd'/>
        <access mode='shared'/>

Thanks, I did. I removed other parts and I thought I removed it. Let me know if It would help to provide the whole XML

1 minute ago, thedoc said:

Thanks, I did. I removed other parts and I thought I removed it. Let me know if It would help to provide the whole XML

xml was in the diags

• Like 1