• 6.12.5 Share not mounting Workaround RESOLVED

Kena
    • Minor

After upgrade from 6.12.4  noticed  my backup NAS  NFS connect not working  getting following error

NFS: nfs4_discover_server_trunking unhandled error -22. Exiting with error EIO

Diagnostics attached

nas-diagnostics-20231201-1951.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is a UD issue, not Unraid.  What is the remote server?

The error code -22 corresponds to EINVAL, which means invalid argument. Here are a few things to check:

• Network Connectivity: Ensure that there is proper network connectivity between your NAS and the NFS server at 192.168.1.8.
    • NFS Server Configuration: Check the NFS server configuration on 192.168.1.8 to ensure that the export at /c/backup is properly configured and accessible.
    • Permissions: Verify that the NAS has the necessary permissions to access the NFS share. Ensure that the user or the client machine's IP is allowed in the NFS server's export configuration.
    • Firewall Settings: Check if there are any firewall settings on either the NAS or the NFS server that might be blocking the NFS traffic.

Hi , Thanks for  prompt reply,  remote server is just an old Netgear NAS duo  which was connecting fine until upgrade  to 6.12..5 , wont be able to  check your suggestions  for a couple of days as i'm away but will do as soon as I return.

Will post again when I have update , Thanks again

Ken

couldn't see any issues regarding permissions etc.  deleted share and redefined it as SMB  and it's connected , so happy with that since its a backup and only powered on once a week to  RSYNC from my NAS.

Thanks again