• [6.12.6 => 6.12.8] Some settings reset after update & Docker disabled

Nedevski
    • Closed Minor

Hi, new user here. I've been using Unraid trial for a week, I've setup everything I need as in disks and docker containers, paths, everything. Everything was working good. Yesterday I bought a Basic license and updated from 6.12.6 to 6.12.8.

I noticed that all of my containers are "gone" and the docker settings are reset.

Re-enabling docker and setting the correct paths for the vDisk and appdata restored everything, but I was still nervous for a bit, because I spent a couple of days setting everything up. Is it normal for that to break on update?

Also "Flash backup" was enabled and now it's not. Also an unscheduled parity check started by itself. Not related but thought I'd share.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Also an unscheduled parity check started by itself.

This suggests there was an unclean shutdown, and the docker settings have be known to sometimes revert to defaults after an unclean shutdown.

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

This suggests there was an unclean shutdown

The power never stopped, I never unplugged the computer and I didn't use the physical buttons on the machine, that's why I thought I'd post here.

I did two reboots, so not sure when Docker broke:

- one because I was unable to provision a SSL certificate, so I did a manual restart from the Main page.

- one after upgrading the version, again from the main page.

Nothing meaningful (for me) in the logs, these are the only errors and warnings from yesterday evening.

WARN: failed to prefill DIMM database from DMI data

WARN: ACPI: Early table checksum verification disabled

ERR: unraid sshd[1112]: Received signal 15; terminating.

ERR: unraid sshd[1112]: Server listening on 192.168.1.195 port 22.

1 hour ago, Nedevski said:

The power never stopped, I never unplugged the computer and I didn't use the physical buttons on the machine, that's why I thought I'd post here.

There was still an unclean shutdown:

Feb 19 23:12:07 unraid emhttpd: unclean shutdown detected

The fact that settings are reset, and also unclean shutdown, makes me suspect flash drive corruption, since all of your settings are on flash, as well as the status that says the array was stopped.

If that status can't be written for some reason, unclean shutdown is the result.

And if any settings can't be read from flash, they go back to defaults.

What do you get from command line this?

ls -lah /boot

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

What do you get from command line this?

ls -lah /boot

Actually, I can see this from diagnostics.

You have a lot of FSCK files on flash, which are the result of repairing corruption on flash.

Do you have a current backup of your flash drive?

You should probably reformat flash, reinstall, and copy your config from your flash backup.

On 2/20/2024 at 4:27 PM, trurl said:

You should probably reformat flash, reinstall, and copy your config from your flash backup.

I'm a bit scared of doing that, I've just setup everything, including Docker containers :D But if I have to...

On another note, it's a new genuine 32GB Phillips USB2.0 flash drive used in a USB 2.0 port, so it *should* be fine?

I have cloud backup enabled, so I should be fine in the event of flash drive failure.

I will also look into reflashing and might try it out, thank you!