• [6.12.8] New Unraid version hangs on boot screen

Cylor0
    • Solved Urgent

Hi everyone,

I´m new here and tried to install and configure my first Unraid Server. Unfortunately the boot process always stops at the same point, while starting in the newest version 6.12.8 from the Unraid webiste:
    "amdgpu 0000:0e:00.0: [drm:jpeg_v4_0_early_init [amdgpu]] JPEG decode is enable in VM mode"

My Configuration:

ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2

AMD Ryzen 5 8500G

32GB  G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5-7600

and for the start:

2TB Lexar NM790 M.2 

I have tried several different USB devices and every USB Port on my MB, but the behavior was always the same.

The memory test also passed and I tried to boot with the other options in the boot menu, but the same result came everywhere.

The boot process doesn't look like it's getting an error to me, but I may be missing something (see attached picture).

The only solution that has worked so far is to boot in the Older / Non-Recommended Releases 6.11.5.

It looks like it doesn't complete the boot process completely, but the Unraid server is still accessible and can be used. 

On the screen it stops at:
    "amdgpu: Topology: Add CPU Node"

I also tried to update unraid to the latest version after starting it to version 6.11.5. However, when rebooting it stays in the same place.

Does anyone have an idea what it could be, or what I can do to get Unraid to start in a newer version

Thanks and kindly regards

468A2666-B.jpeg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you very much for your quick Help.
    Your solution solved the problem immediately.

• Like 1

Hardware is probably too new for the kernel, it may work with the driver once v6.13 is out.

• Thanks 1