• [6.5.1] Share with Cache Prefer - Mover Fails [RESOLVED]

bcjenkins
    • Solved

Greetings,

I have a share called TV which is configured as attached. The share's directory does not exist in any of the physical disk mount points and when mover runs, it outputs the following error:

emhttpd: shcmd (330): /usr/local/sbin/mover |& logger &
    root: mover: started
    find: `TV': No such file or directory
    root: mover: finished

Thanks

TV.cfg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

When a share is created it creates the folder on the first disk configured for that share, did you delete it?

It would be unusual to set a share named TV to cache-prefer. Are you sure you know what that setting means?

Are you saying the TV folder does not exist on the cache disk or on any array disks? If so then you don't actually have a TV share. It may be you used to have a TV share and its cfg is causing mover to look for it. I haven't looked at the mover script recently.

Do you see a TV share on the User Shares page? If so, click Compute... on that line and see if it shows any disks used for that share.

I did not delete it. 

I am using a prefer cache on TV because Plex is recording TV shows there and I want them moved to disk afterwards. 

The TV folder exists in cache but not disk#

Thanks.

Specify whether new files and directories written on the share can be written onto the Cache disk/pool if present.

No prohibits new files and subdirectories from being written onto the Cache disk/pool.

Yes indicates that all new files and subdirectories should be written to the Cache disk/pool, provided enough free space exists on the Cache disk/pool. If there is insufficient space on the Cache disk/pool, then new files and directories are created on the array. When the mover is invoked, files and subdirectories are transferred off the Cache disk/pool and onto the array.

Only indicates that all new files and subdirectories must be writen to the Cache disk/pool. If there is insufficient free space on the Cache disk/pool, createoperations will fail with out of space status.

Prefer indicates that all new files and subdirectories should be written to the Cache disk/pool, provided enough free space exists on the Cache disk/pool. If there is insufficient space on the Cache disk/pool, then new files and directories are created on the array. When the mover is invoked, files and subdirectories are transferred off the array and onto Cache disk/pool.

I had to read that a few times to spot the difference! Seems like it could be written a little more succinctly to state that

Yes - Write to cache for new, move to array when mover runs. 

Prefer - Write to cache for new, move to cache when mover runs. 

Thanks for the pointer. 

49 minutes ago, bcjenkins said:

I had to read that a few times to spot the difference! Seems like it could be written a little more succinctly to state that

Yes - Write to cache for new, move to array when mover runs. 

Prefer - Write to cache for new, move to cache when mover runs. 

Thanks for the pointer. 

Your "more succinctly" leaves out a lot important details.?