• 6.6.2 - virsh "believes" VM's are down when they are up

cybrnook
    • Solved Urgent

In WebUI, I selected my VM and "Restart". VM restarted no issues, however, WebUI and virsh believes they are both "shutdown". This is an issue as if I was to shutdown now, there would be no graceful shutdown of my VM's.

image.thumb.png.79805a7973cc5ff3b06febbebf80a050.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Manually shutting down my seaBIOS based Ubuntu 16.04.5 VM with: "sudo shutdown -h now" does shutdown the VM, and I can then restart the VM and it registers.

It's when you "Restart" from WebUI it get's lost.

Edited by cybrnook

Same issue for me. Upgrade from 6.6.1 went fine except that a VM that autostart with Unraid first shows as started and as soon as i restart the VM no matter if inside the VM or within UnRaid it shows as "not started". 

1362006142_virsherror.JPG.d993b860bd301eb88932a66a719f8d09.JPG

Looks to just be isolated to Linux VMs.  All of my Windows VMs work as expected when doing a "Restart" from the web UI context menu.  Still looking in to why this is happening...

• Like 1
    16 minutes ago, eschultz said:

Looks to just be isolated to Linux VMs.  All of my Windows VMs work as expected when doing a "Restart" from the web UI context menu.  Still looking in to why this is happening...

It's not just the webui, os level gets confused as well. Check out the screenshots we gave above.

It does actually restart the VM, and they come back up. It just never registers it did and you get stuck.

I downgraded libvirt from 4.8.0 to 4.7.0 and I'm not seeing this issue anymore.  Unraid 6.6.1 was using libvirt 4.6.0 but there was a rare bug that affected json parsing that was fixed in 4.7.0.

So libvirt 4.7.0 it is.  At some point i'll bisect the changes between 4.7.0 and 4.8.0 to see which commit is the culprit.

• Like 1
    4 hours ago, eschultz said:

Looks to just be isolated to Linux VMs.

It's also happens when restarting a Windows 7 VM from the webui for me. 

9 hours ago, eschultz said:

I downgraded libvirt from 4.8.0 to 4.7.0 and I'm not seeing this issue anymore.  Unraid 6.6.1 was using libvirt 4.6.0 but there was a rare bug that affected json parsing that was fixed in 4.7.0.

So libvirt 4.7.0 it is.  At some point i'll bisect the changes between 4.7.0 and 4.8.0 to see which commit is the culprit.

Thanks for staying with this, and not dismissing it. Very much looking forward to getting back on the latest release of unraid.

On 10/17/2018 at 12:51 AM, eschultz said:

Will this come in 6.6.3? Or perhaps a upcoming beta?