• [6.6.6] GUI lockup when zoomed on phone

jj_uk
    • Annoyance

When using a phone or tablet, as soon as you zoom in to click on something, the gui locks up and nothing can be pressed.

Dockers page is a classic example. 

Refreshing the page fixes this but the refresh takes about 20 secs. 

Without being able to zoom in/out the gui is too small to be of any use from a phone screen.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I was using Google Chrome on the phone.

Same issues on another tablet. (7" screen) with Chrome.

Go to docker -> Zoom in on the docker images. Sometimes this is enough for the GUI to lock. If not, click on an image to show the docker's menu.

Zoom in and move the view to centre the displayed options, then attempt to click on WebUI, or anything. The GUI at this point locks up for me.

This is repeatable on both of my 6.6.6 server installs here.

Edited by jj_uk
    15 minutes ago, jj_uk said:

Go to docker -> Zoom in on the docker images. Sometimes this is enough for the GUI to lock. If not, click on an image to show the docker's menu.

Zoom in and move the view to centre the displayed options, then attempt to click on WebUI, or anything. The GUI at this point locks up for me.

Followed your steps on my iPad pro, but don't have this problem. I can open the webGui (or console) after the menu was zoomed and moved. Initial zoom also works.

Don't have my phone at hand at the moment, but will test this later.

Edited by bonienl
    7 minutes ago, jj_uk said:

Are you able to try with an Android device and google chrome? 

Just tested your steps on my Huawei phone (Android 8.0.0 and Chrome 71.0.3578.99), works without problems.

Ps. Zooming is a local function, the GUI itself is unaware of it.

I've just tried this with a Galexy S9 mobile phone, google chrome. Same issues.

My GUI is running on port 443, e.g. <random>.unraid.net/Docker

Edit: The gui does appear to have some awareness of zooming, as the APPS tab search results are paginated, and the page auto-increments / decrements when zooming and paning left to right making it almost unusable when zooming in to read the search results text as the "page" number automaticly changes (next/prev page) when the edge of the screen is reached. But that's a separate bug.

Edited by jj_uk
    47 minutes ago, jj_uk said:

APPS tab search results are paginated, and the page auto-increments / decrements when zooming and paning left to right making it almost unusable when zooming in to read the search results text as the "page" number automaticly changes (next/prev page) when the edge of the screen is reached. But that's a separate bug.

unRaid's GUI has no code what-so-ever of what goes on with a mobile device.

Apps Tab however does (it's the trail blazer ;) ).  The standard swipe gesture used on phones / tablets to change pages CA recognizes and acts upon.  On all of my devices though, when zooming in when I scroll to move the display, I cannot get the page to automatically change unless I lift my finger from the screen and swipe again (which is the proper operation) - Tested on multiple Android devices, and an iPhone (ugh) and an iPad (more ugh)

And I also tried your steps on my devices and it all worked for me.

Interesting. I have the zooming issues on multiple Android devices, and multiple unraid servers.

I can't (and will never be able to) test with an iPhone (bliss) or an iPad (more bliss) as I don't allow them in the house :D

The swipe thing, this should be posted in the CA thread. I can't use search results at all on a touch screen device because of the auto-page changing when zooming. Again, multiple devices and 2 unraid servers.

Edited by jj_uk
    2 hours ago, jj_uk said:

My GUI is running on port 443, e.g. <random>.unraid.net/Docker

Probably not related, but you may want to test using HTTP (port 80).

Ive been playing about with this and it only happens on the docker tab, and it only happens when there are lots of dockers installed.

20 minutes ago, JohanSF said:

Is there a solution in sight for this issue?

Is this still an issue on 6.8.3 or 6.9.1 ?

Yes. I am on 6.9.1. It has always been an issue. I am considering buying an android tablet but this issue is holding me back, so that's why I'm asking. 

I'm on a Pixel 3XL with chrome, all software up to date.

Can someone with a newer android phone running chrome in 64 bit please test? 

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-check-if-youre-running-androids-speedier-64-bit-1846480098

Would also love to hear from someone with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+. 

Edited by JohanSF

Docker page is also unusable for me on both Pixel 3A XL and LG Velvet up to 6.9.1.

I have about 30-40 containers, can't do anything on the page without it locking up. 

• Like 1

I also had this problem ever since I started using unraid. Using any android phone with Chrome. It's really annoying will there ever be a fix? 

Currently using Samsung s20 fe

On Samsung s7 tab (not plus) it's less of an issue. It can lag if you zoom, then scroll and then press one or more docker icons, but it's usable and will become responsive again quite quickly. On the s20 fe it sometimes locks up so bad that it becomes unusable 

Edited by Hedgy
    S20 fe vs tab s7 details