• [6.6.7] No Unraid GUI

Greg F
    • Minor

After what appeared to be a successful installation, I rebooted when prompted. Instead of the Unraid gui opening, I received an error that the site was unreachable. I logged into the IPMI interface on the server, and it showed Unraid was at the Tower Login, but no gui. I don't have a diagnostics log to share. I am willing to attempt the same process with my backup USB stick to see what happens, but if it fails, I would need help to get a log file out of it.

The good news, is I was able to rectify the situation by reflashing my USB drive with 6.6.7 and recopying the config back onto it.

Specs:

- original version of Unraid on the server was 6.6.6

- data disks are encrypted

- Unraid Pro license

- 1 Parity disk

- 4 data disks

- 2 cache disks (not encrypted)

I upgraded my backup USB stick successfully, then re-inserted my primary USB stick with I flashed (above). Upon boot, I had a Tower login, but no Unraid GUI. A similar result to my upgrading experience. It's possible the upgrade was successful, but the failure of the GUI to start is the same between both situations.

tower-diagnostics-20190224-1436.zip

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just now, ICDeadPpl said:

I don't get a GUI either on 6.6.7. Worked fine on 6.6.6.
    I have not tested in safe mode, will try when I get the time to do that.

Forgot to mention that I just get a black screen, with nothing showing. No shell, no login form, nada.
    Ssh and browsing the UI from another device works fine.
    I also haven't any logs to attach, will get to it later.

I didn't try safe mode after the upgrade. I had rebooted the server several times with the IPMI connection, but still no GUI. After I successfully upgraded my back-up USB stick, I did reinstall the original USB stick, which I manually flashed after the original upgrade seemed to not work, and promptly ended without a GUI again. After I connected a monitor and keyboard to the server, I ran the diagnostics (first post), then typed the shutdown -r command. The system restarted, and seems to be working fine now. I haven't rebooted since.