• [6.6.7] system completely locking up

ozzman39
    • Solved Urgent

System completely locking up. Runs for about 27 hours then becomes completely unresponsive. I have run a memtest on it with zero issues found. the only thing that has changed I had a docker container running on it and science this started I have shut it down has not made a difference (Pihole). If in gui mode it still shows the login screen if in the standard mode I get no output at all. First time this happened it blew out my docker image and I had to rebuild it. Also I was a couple versions back and tried updating with the same result

tower-diagnostics-20190227-2352.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Try updating your bios, since you're not on the latest, it might help with the IRQ16 getting disabled, and if nothing else it should help with this:

Feb 26 20:17:19 Tower kernel: L1TF CPU bug present and SMT on, data leak possible. See CVE-2018-3646 and https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/l1tf.html for details.

Thanks I will give it a try I have been having the IRQ16 issue since I built this box. When I built it I updated the firmware and it persisted so that issue has been happening since the beginning but any Issues I can fix the better. didn't mention it because I had actually forgotten about it.

Edited by ozzman39
    typos

Updated firmware to latest version IRQ issue still present.  Soon as I got home and turned it on to do the updates she started beeping at me was a ram error. looks like 2 of the ram channels went bad I moved them 2 to other slots beeping went away and ran 3 passes on memtest no error. That had to be it. Il report back either way and change the status of this. and of course I am going to change out the board.

Thanks 

Terns out it was the 2 ram slots on the board thanks for the suggestions. shes still up and running just need to swap the board out.