• [6.7.0] Slower network speeds

thegurujim

I've seen several people reporting slower network speeds (tests and real work performance) are slower after upgrading to 6.7.0

I've seen this with the Speedtest plugin and a Win 10 VM going to speedtest.net.  Speed is about 200Mbps slower than in version 6.5.4 (in my case).  Others have seen the same issue of speed difference between 6.6.7 (normal expected speeds) and 6.7.0 (slower speeds by 200-300Mbps).

• Upvote 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It sounds like you've got gigabit internet (or at least on that scale).  Can you do some file transfers between your NAS and a local VM?  NAS and another device on the network?  Post your local speed results.  

I'll do the same this weekend and post my findings, but I'm living nicely on just 100Mb speeds to the rest of the world.  I'm also getting those speeds on all my unraid resources.  I'm sitting on 6.7.0 stable as well.  

I have the same issue. Downloads are much slower on unraid since 6.7.0 (50-60MB/s), even downgrading back to 6.6.7 but slow speeds stayed. I used a window 10 pc and used the same Usenet provider and had unraid sonarr point to it and downloads instantly to 100+ MB/s. So I know it’s not my isp or router. I swapped cables and still have the issue. There have been posts about people with gigabit connections having these issues since updating to 6.7.0.

15 minutes ago, norV said:

Downloads are much slower on unraid since 6.7.0 (50-60MB/s), even downgrading back to 6.6.7 but slow speeds stayed.

So this rules out 6.7.0 as your problem.

• Upvote 1
    33 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

So this rules out 6.7.0 as your problem.

You are correct, to add more specifics I used nvidia 6.6.7 and then to 6.7.0 official then went to original 6.6.7. But only noticed the change of speed start on 6.7.0, so it started on 6.7.0 but persists. I’ve updated to latest and still nothing changes.

Edited by norV
    Typo

Same issue... I average out around 55Mb/s 
    My win 10pc can do 92Mb/s

In firefox on unraid, speedtest.net.. I get 940mbps/940mbps
    I have a 1.5gb fiber connection..

I was getting around 70Mb/s on unraid, but since 6.7 and previous beta's it's been slow

im still having the issues with 6.8 rc1... Gigabit internet connection, dockers download speeds are usually around 50-60MB a sec. Windows Vms on server download consistently at 100-110MB a sec. Seems to be something in the Docker environment. I read somewhere about stripe buffers, and throttling that was related to the array, could that be causing the problem on the cache drive?