• [6.7.2] Recreating disk layout can cause orphan references in Shares configuration

jbartlett
    • Minor

I removed one of my drives from my array to turn it into a hot spare since I have more protected storage than I needed. I went from nine array drives to eight. One of my shares was set to include Disk9. After I removed one drive, Disk9 no longer existed but the share was still set to include it based on the "Fix common problems" plugin report.

The problem is, Disk 9 isn't included in the list of available drives so it couldn't be seen or specifically deselected on it's own. Fixing was simply a matter of checking another drive such as Disk 1 and then clearing it.

Diagnostics attached but I had already resolved the issue prior to thinking that I should have taken a snapshot. I don't know what kind of issue would have arrived if the OS tried to write to a non-existing array drive specified in the share settings.

nas-diagnostics-20190812-0759.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I don't know what kind of issue would have arrived if the OS tried to write to a non-existing array drive specified in the share settings.

I am reasonably certain that Unraid  will never try to write to a non-existent disk regardless of what you set in the share settings.