• 6.7.X - Docker & Some Other Items Have No Internet

David Bott
    • Solved Minor

Hi...

Some of the services on unRAID in 6.7.X do not seem to have access to the Internet. For example, "Community Applications" works and pulls things down, yet the simple SpeedDisk Tool nor any of my dockers have access.  The server itself seems fine as it will download the UnRAID version upgrade and seems well.

Had seen a "similar issue" reported in another thread that really did not have a resolve.  I even asked if it was resolved in 6.7.1 and then seen there was a 6.7.1 and tried that, same issue.  Now I see 6.7.2 and I was thinking that maybe now it is resolved, Nope.  Below is the thread.  Someone mentioned it was the USB drive.  To me, that makes no logical sense.  They also mention to check the BIOS settings, which I have not done yet as I need to pull the server to move it so I can plug it in to see the screen.  But why would a BIOS change make a difference seeing all is well in 6.6.7 not not in 6.7.X?  (I don't even know if the BIOS has an "IOMMU" setting. Whatever that is. :)

I have tried deleting the network config file so it would be forced to make a new one.  Rebooted the server, still same issue.

Downgrading back to 6.6.7 and everything works just fine.

Thoughts please. I would like to be current of course.  

Thank you all.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

rename /config/network.cfg on the flash drive, reboot and see if that makes a difference (your server however will revert to DHCP though if you've assigned it a static DHCP in settings - network)

2 hours ago, Squid said:

rename /config/network.cfg on the flash drive, reboot and see if that makes a difference (your server however will revert to DHCP though if you've assigned it a static DHCP in settings - network)

As I wrote above...."I have tried deleting the network config file so it would be forced to make a new one.  Rebooted the server, still same issue.:"  :)

Edited by David Bott

Actually, just an FYI, unRAID never recreated a network config file.  It is not in the CONFIG directory.  Here is what WAS in it however on ver 6.6.7....

# Generated settings:
    USE_DHCP="yes"
    IPADDR="192.168.1.200"
    NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
    GATEWAY="192.168.1.1"
    DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="no"
    DNS_SERVER1="192.168.1.1"
    DNS_SERVER2=""
    DNS_SERVER3=""
    BONDING="no"
    BONDING_MODE="1"
    BRIDGING="no"
    BRNAME="br0"
    BRSTP="yes"
    BRFD="0"

29 minutes ago, David Bott said:

As I wrote above...."I have tried deleting the network config file so it would be forced to make a new one.  Rebooted the server, still same issue.:"

As my wife is very fond of saying, I don't pay that much attention :) 

Are you running anything like PiHole?

• Upvote 1
    2 minutes ago, Squid said:

As my wife is very fond of saying, I don't pay that much attention :) 

Are you running anything like PiHole?

First off....  Ha!  :)   

Yes, as a docker.       ?????      Interesting.  Where is your thought on this one?  

I'm thinking that if you're pointing everything to it that it's what's interfering.  I don't use piHole, so can't really offer up any suggestions though.

Interesting....But not sure why it would have an issue with it in 6.7.X and no issue with it in 6.6.7.  And it is not all of the functions. I can download updates just fine etc, but then Speed Disk, which is not a docker, does not work nor do any of the dockers. 

I can try disabling it and then upgrading and see what happens.  Be right back. :) 

Ok, I disabled piHole and made it so it would not restart.  I then ran the upgrade and restarted.  I seem to be good.  SpeedTest does not work, but I see that is an issue and I need to upgrade python.

I turned piHole back on and all is still well.

Very pondering to say the least!!!!!!

Thank you kindly for the thought!  I would not have expected it.