• [6.8.3 -> 6.9.0] Docker won't start, vDisk location red

mcai3db3
    • Minor

I updated to 6.9.0, and now when I go to start Docker (having stopped it to install the Nvidia plugin, ala what SpaceInvader told me to do), all that happens is the Docker vDisk Location field goes red, despite the contents ending in .img "/mnt/cache/Docker/docker4.img". I haven't changed any of the settings. Any ideas? I'm hoping this is a stupid typo, but right now it is immensely frustrating.

Edit: to add, I have tried in multiple browsers, same issue. Nothing is logged when I click Apply, as the button is just disabled by this delightful form validation.

1973424539_Screenshot_2021-03-06TowerDockerSettings.thumb.png.a898c686fe3781d7681bfd37d2582c05.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Update: I "inspected" the HTML source in Firefox, removed the Regex validation, and got my dockers started without issue.

So something is awry with that forms validation... (edit: or I'm doing something that I'm not supposed to be doing?)

Edited by mcai3db3
    2 hours ago, mcai3db3 said:

Update: I "inspected" the HTML source in Firefox, removed the Regex validation, and got my dockers started without issue.

So something is awry with that forms validation... (edit: or I'm doing something that I'm not supposed to be doing?)

tldr: the issue is the '4' at the end of the docker image file name.  Rename the file from 'docker4.img' to 'docker.img' and it'll work.

In 6.9 we added the 'Docker data root' config setting.  This lets you select how to keep the Docker persistent state (image layers):

• In a btrfs-formatted vdisk loopback-mounted at /var/lib/docker.  In this case the name of the image file must be 'docker.img'.
    • In an xfs-formatted vdisk loopback-mounted at /var/lib/docker.  In this case the name of the image file must be 'docker-xfs.img'.
    • In a specified directory which is bind-mounted at /var/lib/docker.  Further, the file system where this directory is located must either be btrfs or xfs.

Docker will use either the 'btrfs' storage driver in the case of btrfs-formatted vdisk/directory, or the 'overlay2' storage driver in the case of xfs-formatted vdisk/directory.

• Like 1