• [6.9.1] After upgrading from 6.8.3 docker doesn't show 'br0' in network types.

jairbj
    • Solved Urgent

After upgrading from 6.8.3 to 6.9.1 (this morning) docker in GUI doesn't show 'br0' in network types.

As a result I can't set an specific IP for a docker container and also can't use them.

image.png.853ee7fa4a5b0459e36844286ab03d08.png

servidor-diagnostics-20210311-1010.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

There was never a 6.8.4 release. What version did you actually upgrade from? 

Sorry, it was 6.8.3. My mistake.

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Make sure this is checked off in Settings - Docker (advanced view) with the service stopped

image.thumb.png.2ec38a7c37c74ffc2261c95d52ff8f8b.png

Hi Squid, yes it is.

image.thumb.png.55033bb206747b962d71f18bd0556c69.png

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Deselect all of them, then recheck them and apply.

Deselected, applied, selected, applied.

Also tried putting an fixed ip in my network settings.

Same problem.

image.png.cda33ae8691f384e736b16b5d3fb31f7.png

If I manually run this command, it works.

docker network create -d macvlan --subnet=192.168.1.0/24 --gateway=192.168.1.1 -o parent=br0 br0 it works

image.thumb.png.188b9eff28c4ab895ac7383e38084f39.png

After testing here, I think I found the problem but I don't know how to solve.

I believe that the problem is with IPv6 gateway.

image.thumb.png.505ae755b75dff0afc405c1099c79244.png

If i try to reproduce this config by command I get:

image.thumb.png.40f1c27d3fb42aaa6dfce45194ef2a21.png

Look that the gateway is in a different subnet.

However my network settings are correct:

image.png.3b78b994f6e64c418c31037d8058668a.png

Unraid should be get confused with the other gateway that is added automatically by ipv6 autoconfig.

image.thumb.png.244694664ac670e3f2c8ad0d245ec879.png

If I manually add the network with correct gateway it works:

image.thumb.png.b0801ba11c491f8bb64758025b476925.png

After checking my network here, I think I found the problem. My router wasn't answering as the IP fd00::1.

After fixing it, now the routing table is a little different in unraid:

image.thumb.png.d2d755c94cc1cf97fb13cdd5e6f6af13.png

But settings in docker config are the same:
    image.thumb.png.b3b4051aa3aa0e513af8c4427a3c3a68.png

The question now is: why it stopped working only after the upgrade?

I am having the same issue.  br0 just disappeared into thin air after upgrading from 6.8.3 to 9.1 and I cant seem to get it back either.

13 hours ago, danktankk said:

I am having the same issue.  br0 just disappeared into thin air after upgrading from 6.8.3 to 9.1 and I cant seem to get it back either.

Hi friend, as a temporary solution (before fixing my router's IP) I set docker configs to "Preserve user defined networks" to yes and created a macvlan network with the name "mybr0" so, I set my docker's containers to use this network. Don't manually create a network named "br0" as it is removed on restart.

2 hours ago, jairbj said:

Hi friend, as a temporary solution (before fixing my router's IP) I set docker configs to "Preserve user defined networks" to yes and created a macvlan network with the name "mybr0" so, I set my docker's containers to use this network. Don't manually create a network named "br0" as it is removed on restart.

Thank you but I use br0 for VMs and need it to work as it did before.  Im sure it will be sorted soon enough unless its user error in which case I am going to make a post about it and send my diagnostics.

4 hours ago, danktankk said:

Thank you but I use br0 for VMs and need it to work as it did before.  Im sure it will be sorted soon enough unless its user error in which case I am going to make a post about it and send my diagnostics.

Is it not working even for vms?

2 hours ago, jairbj said:

Is it not working even for vms?

Well...  uhm no.  If it isnt there for a docker container - how could it be there for a VM?

Just now, danktankk said:

Well...  uhm no.  If it isnt there for a docker container - how could it be there for a VM?

Docker "br0" is just a "config" named br0 attached to the real br0. Even if you create a "mybr0" in docker, you can attach it to the real br0.

You can create like this:

docker network create -d macvlan --subnet=192.168.X.X/24 --gateway=192.168.X.X -o parent=br0 mybr0

Change the IPs for matching your configs.

The last parameter is the name of your docker network, and the previous one is the network it should be attached.

Thank you for your reply, Ive been busy not getting any help at all in a thread I posted for this very thing.  LOL its almost expected any more.

so if I dont have br0 at all, how would me calling on parent=br0 solve anything?

Edited by danktankk
    19 hours ago, danktankk said:

Thank you for your reply, Ive been busy not getting any help at all in a thread I posted for this very thing.  LOL its almost expected any more.

so if I dont have br0 at all, how would me calling on parent=br0 solve anything?

There are two br0.

1 - System network br0, which is a bridge for your network connections. Up to a certain point we can call it the "physical network br0".

2 - Docked network named br0 that can contains any configuration linked (parent) to any network.

The docker configuration br0 that we used to have is just a configuration linked (parent) to the System network br0.

You can create a docker network named anything you want linked to the "physical" br0 (parent=br0).

Thanks for the information.  Very much appreciated!  I will give that a shot if I dont hear anything else from my thread.