• [6.9.2] - CPU usage stuck at 100% (2 core/thread)

tjb_altf4
    • Minor

Issue as reported in 6.9.0-rc1 + rc2 persists

image.png.a2c621993760923313b35c21d5d8a792.png

image.png.f2f7feb37939e6ff2c7793cc8951b67f.png

image.png.ccd36ba2e9b4ebb7a5d4c321c7b8c2de.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Strangely after a couple of reboots, I've seen an improvement, after initially not seeing a change.

Now only 1 cpu locked on 100%

image.png.e1e2957049cb0409477e3abab32bf1c5.png

Something I noticed, when I temporarily lost some driver plugins.

When I have iSCSI/Nvidia/Mellanox/DVB plugins (and associated drivers) installed, I only have 1 CPU @ 100%... as soon as they are uninstalled I have 2 CPUs @ 100%

i'm experiencing this as well, since i'm running a ryzen i made sure to add the lines to the go file, and i did try a couple things suggested about finding the interrupt that has high usage, but none showed up. Also tried setting the "CPU Scaling Governor" to On demand, haven't tried performance yet, but so far nothing seems to help. it's making reboots/shutdowns difficult as it seems to hang on properly shutting down the array.

i've attached my diag file in case it has something that might help

titan-fs-diagnostics-20210505-1516.zip

8 minutes ago, SyberWraith said:

i'm experiencing this as well, since i'm running a ryzen i made sure to add the lines to the go file, and i did try a couple things suggested about finding the interrupt that has high usage, but none showed up. Also tried setting the "CPU Scaling Governor" to On demand, haven't tried performance yet, but so far nothing seems to help. it's making reboots/shutdowns difficult as it seems to hang on properly shutting down the array.

i've attached my diag file in case it has something that might help

titan-fs-diagnostics-20210505-1516.zip 137.71 kB · 0 downloads

Do you still see the 100% usage when the array is stopped?

Yes, i can't remember why i had the array on stop (was doing something) and had to reboot, made sure i set the array to not start automatically, and when that happened i noticed i had 2 cores at 100%, currently it's  at 1 core, and if i do reboot, it chooses a different core on reboot.

• Like 1

So while this is still an ongoing issue (still on 6.9.2), it seems to have settled down since I started using my VMs a lot recently (even once they are shutdown).

Current usage with VM running:

image.png.097f0c64992ec6c95cb659d0dfd0daa8.png

All I can think is that there is some hardware that isn't being initialised properly until the VM starts... kind of like what we see with GPUs.

My theory is the 100% usage should return on next Unraid reboot, and then disappear again once I start a VM... I'll try and test this theory out in the next week.

Edited by tjb_altf4
    On 8/24/2021 at 7:37 PM, tjb_altf4 said:

My theory is the 100% usage should return on next Unraid reboot, and then disappear again once I start a VM... I'll try and test this theory out in the next week.

Did you ever find a permanent solution to this problem? I'm experiencing the same issue, and made a new post about it: