• [6.9.2] Mover not moving

Glonch
    • Minor

Greetings,

Original troubleshooting thread: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/114377-mover-not-moving/?tab=comments#comment-1040527

Solution (last comment on that thread): 

My download share settings:

1824898578_ScreenShot2021-10-10at17_42_44.png.d8aec440ee5f486906e6252fa23a49ea.png

My (original) Plex Media share settings:

2107838181_ScreenShot2021-10-10at17_43_04.png.9be9490dad3e32501caf539a1875ef55.png

So... you can't have one share (WORP_Downloads) on one cache pool (Download_Cache) and another share (Plex Media) that you will copy to on another cache pool (Cache).

Changed Plex Media share to use Download_Cache and Mover now moves without issue.

In my opinion, if I moved files (under 'user' via Krusader) from WORP_Download [Download_cache] to Plex Media [Cache] - unRaid should have moved the files to the cache drive named Cache.  Then, at 3am, Mover would have moved to the array.  This would be inefficient of course.

Having an error stating that 'file exists' doesn't point to having different cache settings between shares, thus was super hard to figure out.

So, I see three options:

This is bug with cache pools or

This setup should not be done, thus noted in the wiki (I haven't looked) or

This is normal behavior but the error should be updated to reflect the two cache pools are 'competing'

Opinions/Comments? 

PS - I had recently setup two cache pools.  Previously all cache data was saved to a cache named "Cache".  After changing the setup to have two cache pools, I never thought to change the Plex Media share cache pool setting until my friend mentioned it until today.

(I have not uploaded my diag zip file due to privacy concerns (even with 'Anonymize diagnostics' turned on) - I can send the file if needed via email)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for that.

Understood that it's a Krusder issue for when I 'move' from downloads to Plex...

But why did the Mover not move?  It would not move until I made Plex use the same cache drive.

Also - shouldn't this be updated to reflect the issue?:

Edited by Glonch
    3 hours ago, Glonch said:

why did the Mover not move?

That question is answered in the thread I linked above. Maybe you didn't read enough of it.

@trurl

I re-read it... still not finding it.  From that link:

• If using the mover tuning plugin first thing to do is to check its settings or remove it and try without it just to rule it out.

• I had the plugin removed

• use cache pool option for the share(s) is not correctly set, see here for more details but basically cache=yes moves data from pool to array, cache=prefer moves data from array to pool, cache=only and cache=no options are not touched by the Mover.

• All share in question were Cache=Yes

• files are open, they already exist or there's not enough space in the destination, enable Mover logging (Settings -> Scheduler -> Mover Settings) and it will show in the syslog what the error is.

• Were not open, did not exist (false error, in my opinion), more than enough space

• Checked the logs, the only error was 'file exists' of which it didn't in the array

• if it's a not enough space error note that split level overrides allocation method, also minimum free space for the share(s) must be correctly set, usual recommendation is to set it to twice the max file size you expect to copy/move to that share.

• Allocation method was not an issue

File Exists error... The issue that I have is the mover attempted to move the file, threw a file exists error when one didn't exist.  In my opinion, the error should have mentioned that the two shares in question had their cache drives set to two different pools.  Once I aligned the shares with the same cache pool, all was good.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:59 PM, trurl said:

That question is answered in the thread I linked above. Maybe you didn't read enough of it.

34 minutes ago, Glonch said:

From that link:

That is not from the link I gave. That is from the link you gave.