• [6.9.2] VM Tab not loading - Probably IOMMU issue

Michael H
    • Minor

Whenever I try to load the VM tab, the System timeouts:

Jul 21 08:08:20 HP nginx: 2021/07/21 08:08:20 [error] 4948#4948: *177148 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading upstream, client: 192.168.0.100, server: , request: "GET /VMs HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.0.200", referrer: "http://192.168.0.200/Dashboard"

Reproducable without Plugins (safe mode), docker or anything else.

The VMs start on autostart and i can control them on the dashboard (start/stop), but i can not add a new VM or add an existing one (editing from dashboard leads to timeout-page where i can only see the icon of the vm)

When i change the libvirt.img to a new file (so no VMs) i can access the page, but then when i click on new VM this page hangs (just like editing an existing one).

I would think it has to do with IOMMU, because i forwarded a intel network adapter (seperate card). However, this worked fine until a few days ago, now i also cant access IOMMU in system devices (also timeout). Had almost the same configuration on the latest 6.8 branch and no issues there, albeit with the "hacky" IOMMU way instead of the fancy new GUI.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

downgraded to 6.8.3. but left my config folder as is. had to reformat cache drive because of the pool and recreate my docker (docker.img was on cache only, appdata is still there fortunately). no issues so far.