• [6.92] When the x550-t2 network card is connected to a 2.5g switch, unraid cannot access the internet correctly, but the pass-through to the virtual machine is normal. Suspect the driver bug?

emuzi
    • Minor

1. Software and hardware environment:

1.1. Software: Unraid6.92, virtual machine is windows10

1.2. Hardware: I have tried ASRock Z490m-itx/ac (10900T), Supermicro X1SCA-F (2246G) and other board&U combinations, 24G memory, intel X550-T2 10G network card, tp-link-sh1008 switch ( 2.5Gbps)

2. Goal: Use a network cable to connect the X550-T2 10G network card to provide an external network for unraid, and at the same time provide an external network for virtual machines through sr-iov

3. Problem: When I connect the network cable to the 2.5G switch, I cannot get the ip (but when connected to the gigabit switch, everything is normal. The Z490 motherboard comes with a 2.5G network card and everything is normal, or it is directly plugged into the native Windows system and everything is normal) , Check the log records and find that the network card is disconnected intermittently, which makes it unable to be connected (and even if it is connected occasionally, the network speed is only Gigabit!)

961829921_2_5G.jpg.2a9dad7171a63b58a4a76ba8b464d1b0.jpg

The unraid dashboard shows that the network speed is only Gigabit even if it is connected occasionally.

1049601372_2_5G.jpg.e364f67b252aab50c12f5bb1ebddbd5a.jpg

The network card that is directly connected to the virtual machine through sr-iov is also disconnected for a while, while the other network port that is directly connected to the virtual machine is completely normal, with a full 2.5G speed (the following picture shows the connection status of the physical through-through network card )

904182115_.jpg.821474b7d19ea59e20932681cd59c759.jpg

4. I guess: There is a bug in the driver of the unraid X550-T2 network card, which causes the connection to be unstable. Is there any way to solve it? Thank you!

Now I uploaded the syslog here. Thanks a lot.tower-syslog-20210922-1350.zip

Now I uploaded the diagnostics here. Help me please.

tower-diagnostics-20210923-0825.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 10/9/2021 at 9:54 AM, ZZY said:

Check here:

We are on the same boat and this is a work around.

It works well when I added the codes ! Thank you very much.