• AFTER I UPGRADED TO 6.10.2 MY NETWORK INTERFACES DISSAPPEARED

aidoniskostas
    • Solved Urgent

AFTER I UPGRADED TO 10.0.2 MY NETWORK INTERFACES DISSAPPEARED ONLY Lo0 IS SHOWING (DELL R720 XD)CAN'T ACCESS THROUGH WEB UI

THEY ARE SHWOING IN LSPCI BUT NOT IN NETWORK SETTINGS!!!!

CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANY FILES TO ATTATCH

news update i tried just to reboot and after reboot starting to show missing drives !!!! probably problems with new kernel!!!!

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same here. Had to access gui from iDrac for my Dell r720. Bond0 shows as down and there is no network interface. Help!
    Previous version 6.10.1 was fine.
    Did a cold reboot multiple times and no luck. 

Edited by cjizzle
    • Like 1
    1 minute ago, cjizzle said:

I did that from iDrac but not sure how to get the file to upload

The diagnostics zip file is stored in the logs folder on your USB device, you can shutdown your system, take out the USB device and read it in another (Windows) system.

4 minutes ago, aidoniskostas said:

ok here are my diagnostics only after i restored to 6.10.1

No signs of any corruption so far, yours is the first Dell server I see using the tg3 driver, maybe it's not affected? So far mostly HP servers have been affected, but there was also an IBM/Lenovo, so it's not limited to HP servers, if you don't need vt-d I would still recommend disabling it, if you do you can unblacklist the NIC with v6.10.2 and monitor the logs for any future issues, or go back to v6.9.2 is you want to play it safer for now.

25 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

No signs of any corruption so far, yours is the first Dell server I see using the tg3 driver, maybe it's not affected? So far mostly HP servers have been affected, but there was also an IBM/Lenovo, so it's not limited to HP servers, if you don't need vt-d I would still recommend disabling it, if you do you can unblacklist the NIC with v6.10.2 and monitor the logs for any future issues, or go back to v6.9.2 is you want to play it safer for now.

my server was affected but i restored to 6.10.1 and works just fine!!! i cannot diasable vt-d i need it to pass nics to vms!!!, i didn't understand is there a fix with vt-d enabled or should wait for next release????

2 minutes ago, aidoniskostas said:

my server was affected

See my reply above, v6.10.2 will block loading that NIC driver if vt-d is enable, so your server will be affected by that, for now doesn't look like it's affected by the possible corruption issues, but can't say for sure.

33 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

you can unblacklist the NIC with v6.10.2 and monitor the logs for any future issues, or go back to v6.9.2 is you want to play it safer for now.

To use the NIC with v6.10.2 and vt-d enabled see the release notes:

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    8 minutes ago, skjkoo said:

i have the same problem

Either disable vt-d or unblacklist the NIC as described above, if you want post the diagnostics, it might help us say what option is recommended.

• Thanks 1
    3 hours ago, vincenzo.bini said:

solved, thanks to @bonienl

on idrac after boot, login on server than:

touch /boot/config/modprobe.d/tg3.conf

than reboot

This fixed it for me. Thanks!

• Like 1

I had the same thing this morning. No more GUI access. In Cli the ip was however present. My DELL PowerEdge servers were broken.

I downgraded to 6.10.1 and everything works fine. I can find absolutely nothing on my network card that mentions TG3. Will fixed be deployed ? (no TG3)

Note : I have modprobe.d but not the file conf modprobe.d/tg3.conf

Edited by Casadream_1
    2 hours ago, skjkoo said:

i have done the everything,but i still in this problem.(communique is not useful)

Your network configuration is wrong.

If you want to use a bond interface with members eth0 and eth2, you need to delete the bond interface of eth2 and enable bond interface of eth0 and then add eth2 as a second member.