• Bridge 0 Seems to be gone with 6.6

BCinBC
    • Closed Minor

I was wondering why a bunch of my dockers were failing. Any of them that used BR0, bridge 0 have stopped working. There's no option that I could find in Settings-Networking or Settings - Docker to enable the bridge mode again to allow a Docker to have it's own "host" IP again.

I tried to change the networking to Bridge 0 and there's no option so therefore I have to revert for now. (Really nice interface though)

I also had to toggle the settings off and on to revert back to the old bridge settings. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Do you mean "br0" or did you define your own custom network "bridge.0" ?

The newer version of Docker included in Unraid 6.6 has changes in the networking part. We adopted so networks generated by Unraid continue to work as before, but there is no guarantee for custom networks made by the user.

Ran into this same issue. I had 2 plex dockers running, one for test, and one for Prod. My Prod one used br0 and a /24 IP and was set for use from outside. I thought something broke on the docker, but it turns out if i switch to use Host it worked just fine, but I cant do that with another plex docker using the same settings.

4 hours ago, The_Doctor said:

Ran into this same issue. I had 2 plex dockers running, one for test, and one for Prod. My Prod one used br0 and a /24 IP and was set for use from outside. I thought something broke on the docker, but it turns out if i switch to use Host it worked just fine, but I cant do that with another plex docker using the same settings.

Just curious, but do you have 'preserve user-defined networks' enabled?  I don't and still had br0 enabled with the same settings after the upgrade.  You have to disable docker and turn on advanced mode to see these settings, BTW.

image.thumb.png.6d3cecbe6814abd7ef8ce90ec4d727a1.png

I do not have it enabled, and my settings are the same as yours, just a different 10 network. I did play around with it, I do see "br0 Custom" in the docker container, but when enabled, and set with an IP. It would work for a bit then stop responding. Log shows connection timeout, or something along the lines. I tried several versions of plex containers, and even set to "Host" some would just not work after the 1st reboot. Right not I am running only 1 Plex container and its the linuxserver/plex version set with HOST network. Not sure what happened, during the upgrade, but I am unable to get br0 to work on any new container setup. Right now, I am tired of rebuilding a plex DB all the time so I have left it as only running one Prod Plex server for now. I know you can transfer the Plex DB over manually to a new server, but seems like it works, then after 1st reboot, those DB files are dead, and no longer work causing the container to not even fully come up. Only way to get the same container to work again would be to remove the container, and the appdata folder completely and install again. Maybe there is a permission issue on 6.6 as well?

I'm in the same boat, the option to select "custom : br0" in the docker template is gone, so I can't assign specific containers their own IP addresses :(

Please post a screenshot of the Docker settings page in advanced view.

And the output of

docker network ls

Edited by bonienl
    17 hours ago, bonienl said:

Please post a screenshot of the Docker settings page in advanced view.

And the output of

docker network ls

root@Tower:~# docker network ls
    NETWORK ID          NAME                DRIVER              SCOPE
    97230223115a        bridge              bridge              local
    f4da55d9d85d        host                host                local
    b87989e7dca0        none                null                local

AAWaX9L.png

I believe I used to have a "Custom Br0" option that allowed me to manually select an IP Address from within my network for this specific container.

5 hours ago, bonienl said:

Try the following:

rm /var/lib/docker/network/files/local-kv.db
    /etc/rc.d/rc.docker restart

Looks like you nailed it. I See the option now.

Will test & report back