• Browser locks up when viewing docker tab in unraid

TexasUnraid
    • Minor

Ok, this has been happening for some time but I have been messing with dockers a fair amount recently and it has been really annoying.

Basically I have ~75 dockers installed right now (although only about 15-20 are running under most circumstances).

It seems there is some kind of script or memory hole that causes firefox to lock up from time to time whenever I have the docker tab open for an extended time (it has also happened on the user scripts tab when running a long script or the terminal if a lot of commands happen on the screen).

After locking up completely for a bit firefox will generally show me a message complaining about a script not responding or taking too much resources. If I chose to "stop" the script, everything goes back to normal for a little bit until it happens again.

Memory usage also goes pretty high during this time as well, not uncommon to see it 4-8gb higher then normal with the tabs I have open and it fall back down if I close the unraid tabs and restart firefox. My system memory is ok, generally max out around ~12gb on my 16gb system.

I have not been able to track down any sure fire way to make the lock up happen besides working within the docker tab for awhile.

It might be a firefox issue as I have not tried chrome outside a quick test or it could be a general issue with large amounts of dockers.

Just figured I would toss it out there and see if anyone else has noticed this.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Do you have any adblockers or anything else that might interfere?

Have you tried clearing cache?

What happens with browsers other than firefox?

I don't know if anyone else is trying to run so many dockers.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Are you viewing in Advanced or Basic mode?  Basic would be better if you're having issues.

Advanced mode is my default setting, I find basic mode hard to keep track of things. I can try it though.

12 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you have any adblockers or anything else that might interfere?

Have you tried clearing cache?

What happens with browsers other than firefox?

I don't know if anyone else is trying to run so many dockers.

Adblocker is disabled on unraid.

Yes, I have reinstalled firefox in this time and still had the issue.

I don't use Chrome regularly but I did use it at one point when I was troubleshooting my IPMI and I seem to remember it locked up as well but can't be 100% sure.

Yeah, I know I am an edge case with the number of dockers but that is generally where issues show up first.

Edited by TexasUnraid

In Unraid 6.10 a change is made in docker container monitoring, which may help when a larger number of containers is used. You may want to test the new version when it becomes available.

• Like 1
    4 minutes ago, bonienl said:

In Unraid 6.10 a change is made in docker container monitoring, which may help when a larger number of containers is used. You may want to test the new version when it becomes available.

Interesting, I will test that when it is released.

I can also confirm that it still happens in basic view mode as well.