• Cached WebUI Data Can Result in Stale Configuration

DiscoverIt
    • Urgent

On the last few revisions to 6.11 there seems to be a bug related to stored browser cache. If a user attempts to start an array (in this case with keyfile based encryption) this pop-up dialog emerges once the array starts. If the user selects resend Unraid will go into a stale configuration error mode and requires a reboot to address. Clicking cancel allows the webui to refresh and all is well.

Is there an option to disable or prevent locally storing webui cache? Being a local or lan based interface only is there even an immediate need for a caching system?

Edit // Changed to Urgent based on pinned description of a breaking issue.

image.png.a4d64bb7e8df8be73d528f6b2b2ad6f5.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Rebooting Unraid and attempting with Edge resulted in normal operation.

Is this a bug on Firefox's side or Unraid? Ideally I'd still like to disable the webserver locally saving cache as too many small hiccups or annoyances are related to caching such as this unrelated to original topic one;

image.png.73ad36c93a058fd78cbddebd90de52f4.png

On 12/6/2022 at 10:07 AM, DiscoverIt said:

Rebooting Unraid and attempting with Edge resulted in normal operation.

Is this a bug on Firefox's side or Unraid? Ideally I'd still like to disable the webserver locally saving cache as too many small hiccups or annoyances are related to caching such as this unrelated to original topic one;

image.png.73ad36c93a058fd78cbddebd90de52f4.png

Did you ever find a solution to the firefox issue? I'd rather not have to resort to Edge every time I need to log in myself.

4 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Can anyone affected confirm it still happens after booting in safe mode just to rule out any plugin issues?

Can confirm. It appears to be the way Firefox handles cache.

12 hours ago, Flatfire said:

Did you ever find a solution to the firefox issue? I'd rather not have to resort to Edge every time I need to log in myself.

The workaround is when the resend dialog pops up to simply select cancel.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that's all I've been doing. Still rather frustrating that it's necessary at all. Strikes me as odd that it only occurs when accessing it via its IP rather than a remote connection or via the local domain.