• container ignoring cache drive setting for share

xorinzor
    • Minor

Using Unraid 6.6.7

I have 2 shares, "downloads" and "media".

Files that have finished downloading are written to a directory, thats checked for changes by a FileBot container. It then renames and moves the files to their respective directory in the media share.

I used to have caching enabled for the media share, but recently decided it was better to have these files written to the array directly.
    For some reason however, FileBot still leaves these files on the cache drive, instead of writing it to the array.

At first I thought it was an error by me, because the path used was still set to "/mnt/cache", but after changing it to "/mnt/user", it still happened. Even when I removed the "Media" directory from the cache drive.

When manually invoking the mover it doesn't move the files either oddly enough.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There have been lots of posts of this type of behavior.    When working at the Linux level If the client thinks source and destination are on the same mount point then the move is first tried as a rename and only as a copy/delete if that fails.   In this case the rename is working and the file stays on the cache drive but in a new folder.

you either need to configure things at the container level so that the source and target do not seem to be on the same mount point so the move automatically runs as a copy/delete operation, or (which tends to be easiest) set the User Share to Use Cache=Yes so that mover later moves the files to the array.