• Dashboard crash on 6.10.1 - GUI not working anymore

Zonediver
    • Minor

After running unraid for more then two hours, this happened...

Tried to reboot, but i am not able to start the array after reboot...

GUI is not working anymore...

grafik.thumb.png.cf01959aaacdc740288a81987a53f10e.png

grafik.thumb.png.d46da694d4910dd9cb32d09a17979bab.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, bonienl said:

Please start in safe mode and retest.

Will test this in the next few days because my server is a "life-system" and i reverted back to 6.9.2

Edited by Zonediver

So - reinstalled 6.10.1 - all is running and i cant reproduce this error...

What i did (bevore it crashed), was to change the "interface" from "General Info" to "Network traffic" and then the GUI crashed.

Maybe it happened, because i have two interfaces (eth0/eth1)

Edited by Zonediver
    3 hours ago, bonienl said:

Please start in safe mode and retest.

...i hope this helps (a little bit) 😉

6 minutes ago, Zonediver said:

Maybe it happened, because i have two interfaces (eth0/eth1)

Unlikely, I have 4 interfaces on my test system and can select any of them.

Do you have the "Docker Folder" plugin installed? It is known to cause issues with 6.10.

I am having a similar issue. Updated to 6.10 and upon login the GUI froze and none of my VM's or dockers were reachable. After a few days of messing with it I reverted back to 6.9.2 and I am able to log onto unraid for a short period of time but it always stops working at some point (5 min). Plex wont start, the plex share is viewable on windows but very slow. It seems that the problem starts when I log onto the UI. Any button I click on breaks the server completely. The hard drive lights are flashing indicating it is doing its parody check but nothing else works. Any ideas?

Edited by Michael Ganrer

Did some tests... changing everything...

eth0, eth1, general info, network traffic, 10s/30s/1m/2m... nothing...

I was not able to reproduce this error - everything is working so far...

The only thing is the scaling of the network graph - if the traffic was hjgh (20-70Mbit) and then low (below 1MBit), the graph did not properly scale back to a lower value...

EDIT: Takes a little bit of time but then, also the low Bitrates are shown correctly

Edited by Zonediver

My server crashed again tonight...

Machine was running, but no GUI, no SSH and no ping...

Only a poweroff (over power supply switch) was possible...

On 5/23/2022 at 8:26 AM, trurl said:

Can you post new diagnostics with the array started? Also setup syslog server so you can get us syslog after crash

Here is the syslog. I started the server and tried to stop the vm. That breaks it every time. Updating any docker will do the same thing. The server was in the middle of a parody check, as it always is after crashing. Plex seams to work until I try to update. NextCloud doesn't work at all (unreachable) even though the docker seems to be running. Any help would be great guys! My unraid guy is at a loss too.

syslog

Also having this same ui error.

Also having some very strange cache issues further testing on my end needed but problems only started after update. Hardware is not the issue. :)

On 5/24/2022 at 7:58 PM, Michael Ganrer said:

Here is another syslog. I rebooted and tried to click on the docker tab in the UI and froze again....

syslog

Sorry for the late reply. I ran memtest and indeed I had a bad stick. Took it out and everything ran smoothly. Had it warrantied and have been up and running for a while now! Thanks for everyone's help!

Just now, Michael Ganrer said:

Sorry for the late reply. I ran memtest and indeed I had a bad stick. Took it out and everything ran smoothly. Had it warrantied and have been up and running for a while now! Thanks for everyone's help!

Also I would like to add that my problem only occurred when the memory was under heavy load, hence the sporadic nature of the problem.