• Disk Utilization Threshold Notification Disable doesn't disable

wildfire305
    • Minor

I have a one disk pool that I am using for the DVR for my security cameras. I expect this disk to always be full as the security camera software is managing the use of the disk. So, I set the notifications for this pool to zero as specified by the popup help. Despite this, I am still receiving notifications that the disk is approaching full. Have I done something wrong or missed an additional setting, or is this a genuine bug? Please see attached screenshot and diagnostics (I know I have a paused parity check, I accidentally rebooted with a terminal session open).

disk warning.png

cvg02-diagnostics-20220109-1339.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Well setting it to 100 worked to effectively disable the notifications. It updated to say that everything was fine. Then setting it back to 0 caused it to send out disk full warning notifications again. I'm going to set it to 100, but Perhaps the instructions on mouseover could be updated to reflect that if it isn't really a problem to be fixed.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Does stopping / starting the array fix it?  (Or try using 100)

Would rebooting count towards this? If so, I've rebooted about four or five times since I made the setting. I looked at my notification logs (slack app) and it also notified me at 71% and every percent past 90. So the zero setting doesn't work as the note mentions. This is also a pool device and not part of the main storage array. I used the pool instead of unassigned devices so I could have more control over sharing.

Make sure you don't actually try to overfill a disk. And if you ever need to repair its filesystem it may need some room to work.

Also, make sure you set Minimum Free for each user share and for each pool.

Minimum free space is also unchangeable on my main cache pool. Both pools are btrfs. There is one share set to only use the DVR cache pool with one disk in it and I cannot change the minimum free space their either. All of my other shares, whether they use the main cache pool or go direct to disk can be changed, and I have set them all previously.

I have no concerns about data loss on this dvr disk, but it is concerning that I cannot set the minimum free space. Have I found another bug?

Minimum Free doesn't apply to cache-only shares since Unraid isn't allowed to choose another disk if it gets too full.

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

Minimum Free doesn't apply to cache-only shares since Unraid isn't allowed to choose another disk if it gets too full.

Understood, that makes sense for shares. Is the minimum disk space only changeable if the array is stopped?

8 hours ago, wildfire305 said:

Is the minimum disk space only changeable if the array is stopped?

On Pools yes, on Shares you can change it at any time.