• Docker downloads update but then asks to apply it again

CiaoCiao
    • Annoyance

Hello everyone,

I have one Docker container that behaves weirdly regarding updates. In the Docker tab, when I check for updates, it tells me there are a few containers to update. I click on "update all" and wait for all of the updates to be applied. Once finished (successfully according to the window), I close the window and the page sort of refreshes (with the Unraid logo waving in the middle for a second). All of my Docker containers are updated except for the Home Assistant container which still mentions "update available".

I've read some previous threads where for some people the update was not being downloaded at all. From what I see I am under the impression that my server does download the necessary files but that for some reason, either the container is updated but Docker is sort of "unaware" of it, or it simply does not/cannot apply the update.

This Docker container (Home Assistant) is "stock" in that I have not altered the image in any way.

I marked this as an annoyance since for now Home Assistant is still working but I'm hoping that I will eventually be able to apply updates to this Docker container again.

I just added the diagostics file to this post.

Here are a few screenshots :

This is before and after clicking the "update all" button :

image.thumb.png.89105a64300f7da662234185a415d5d1.png

This is what I get during the update process :

image.thumb.png.8e5c2358e35faf77a6a148d548438978.png

tower-diagnostics-20200702-1809.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Is it pulling down the same layers over and over again?

Yes it does (well at least the Image ID codes are the same)

I'm having a similar issue where some dockers (particularly linuxserver calibre for reasons unknown) haven't not completed a docker pull successfully in months. I used to never have docker pulls fail, but now it's a regular occurrence. I update on the weekend every week. This started early this year, maybe Jan or Feb. 

I'm on 6.8.3. I usually get something like the following text, and even when the downloads all progress to 100%, they don't Extract. This is very frustrating--I'm not sure what to try. I just pulled 4 updates and not one completed successfully. I'd appreciate any ideas!

Josh

IMAGE ID [1191746980]: Pulling from binhex/arch-jackett. 
    IMAGE ID [ae8bad35e085]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 263 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 263 B. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. 
    IMAGE ID [6bc503260a9b]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 3 KB. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 3 KB. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. 
    IMAGE ID [ff3d0022ca4c]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 656 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. Pulling fs layer. Downloading 1% of 656 KB. 
    IMAGE ID [85aa5e1255ae]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 5 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 5 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. 
    IMAGE ID [8bacc57869e2]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 200 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 200 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. 
    IMAGE ID [5d769186571e]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 243 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. 
    IMAGE ID [530a345a26e3]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 2 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. 
    IMAGE ID [d38befd7d245]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 268 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. 
    IMAGE ID [fca4f06c64a3]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 97% of 73 MB. 

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 274 MB

Stopping container: binhex-jackett

Successfully stopped container 'binhex-jackett'

Removing container: binhex-jackett

Successfully removed container 'binhex-jackett'

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-jackett' --net='bridge' -e TZ="UTC" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '9117:9117/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/sickrage/torrent/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-jackett':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-jackett' 

dadd590554929486c3889695ab42dc916361ed88a6d76627b22f5c75c5cbe5d5

The command finished successfully!