• [Docker] from dockerhub will not launch

Jimbow
    • Closed

Anyone having issues in 6.6.6 and 6.6.7 regarding launching a docker container imported from dockerhub?

When I try to launch the container to start it stops after 1sec. Here are the logs:

Apr 16 14:08:03 Tower kernel: eth0: renamed from vethe02dce5
    Apr 16 14:08:03 Tower kernel: device br0 entered promiscuous mode
    Apr 16 14:08:04 Tower kernel: device br0 left promiscuous mode
    Apr 16 14:08:04 Tower kernel: vethe02dce5: renamed from eth0

There are no other logs when launching the container. Note that using dockers NOT from dockerhub work ok. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='defectdojo-nginx' --net='br0' --ip='192.168.1.189' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" 'defectdojo/defectdojo-nginx' 

220858eea853000315fc45c99d01f04c35e70c29e9cb7b0091c1c8ef7e1f0b7b

It's installing no problems.  No defect.  If there's a problem, it's with how you've configured everything on the template / any changes to whatever ini files etc it wants, and you should be able to find documentation on the dockerHub page.

Hmm, I'll double check but its with everything from dockerhub not just this container. I just wont even start/launch to access the container. 

The reason why its not a defect and purely a configuration issue is this

Note that using dockers NOT from dockerhub work ok. 

All apps whether available on the Apps tab or manually set up are the exact same.  The only difference between some random container on dockerHub, and something available from Apps is that a template is available.  When you hit "Add Container", and manually enter in all that info required to get the app to install via dockerHub, all you are doing is creating a template.

Yeah totally get that. Sorry I could have explained it better. 

So all in all, I'm still having issues even after template. @Squid Is there something from dockerhub that works for you so I can test this end to start?

1 hour ago, Jimbow said:

I'm still having issues even after template.

Where exactly did you get a template? If you are referring to the template created by the Add Container page mentioned by Squid, you can only expect that to work if you actually filled out all the necessary details for that docker to work in the Add Container page yourself.

I found the github for that particular docker here:

https://github.com/aaronweaver/docker-DefectDojo

The documentation talks about installing it with docker-compose from the command line. The builtin method for installing a docker using the Add Container page doesn't work that way. That may not be exactly the right one after all, though it does seem to be the same github user.

And in general, any random docker on docker hub (if it even works) is going to probably require you to understand how to use docker and figure out whatever documentation (if any) is given by that docker author.

The Apps page tries to help a little but you are mostly on your own for those. Even if it is something that can be installed from the webUI, you will have to figure out how to fill out most of the Add Container page details yourself.

Since the Apps page is really a plugin, and not part of any Unraid release, and since there is no evidence this is a problem with this release, I am going to change its priority to "Other" and Close it.

This should have been posted in one of the regular subforums.

If you think you have something that belongs in a Bug Report, be sure to follow the report guidelines:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/report-guidelines-r68/

7 minutes ago, trurl said:

The Apps page tries to help a little but you are mostly on your own for those. Even if it is something that can be installed from the webUI, you will have to figure out how to fill out most of the Add Container page details yourself.

Actually, due to changes made at dockerHub a couple of months ago, you are entirely on your own  All CA does is basically fill out the repository.  It is now impossible to fill anything else out automatically by CA, and you have to read the dockerHub / github instructions